Is it safe to Disable the ANT apps?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the process of disabling / uninstalling unwanted apps. There are 4 ANT apps (example, ANT Radio Service, which sounds needed) that I'm wondering if I can Disable before I start updating all my apps? Safe to disable or should I leave them alone? Thank you!

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the process of disabling / uninstalling unwanted apps. There are 4 ANT apps (example, ANT Radio Service, which sounds needed) that I'm wondering if I can Disable before I start updating all my apps? Safe to disable or should I leave them alone? Thank you!

Anything not safe to disable, like for example the phone or settings 'app', should be blocked from disabling. ANT is really just used with a lot of fitness (heart rate monitors, etc) devices you could connect to the phone.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there a list somewhere that says what the hell all the stuff under 'All' apps are? like ANT, 'briefing', 2 calendars?, S Finder, etc. There are a ton of things, I disabled most of them but there are others that Im not even sure what they are hmm

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there a list somewhere that says what the hell all the stuff under 'All' apps are? like ANT, 'briefing', 2 calendars?, S Finder, etc. There are a ton of things, I disabled most of them but there are others that Im not even sure what they are hmm

You should be able to find them in the Play Store. If you go under My Apps in the Play Store and swipe over to all it will list out even the disabled apps and you can select one and view it's Play Store page. The stock Samsung apps (the phone app, calender, messages, etc) won't be in there though.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Anything not safe to disable, like for example the phone or settings 'app', should be blocked from disabling. ANT is really just used with a lot of fitness (heart rate monitors, etc) devices you could connect to the phone.

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for bringing this back to life but , how do I keep ANT Radio and ANT +Plugins off my update page in PLAY
There are a few others I disabled that keep showing up for me to update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance