04-15-2015 09:05 PM
93 1234
tools
    No issue here. Got it yesterday, and played with it a bit, then charged to 100% before going to bed.

WiFi on, WiFi scanning off, location set to highest accuracy, Bluetooth on, advanced calling (I assume that is VoLTE) off.

Here are the screen shots from this morning:

04-11-2015 08:47 AM
    I haven't been on android for about a year but this seems very high, no?

S6 Edge
    What is high? Everything is relative. If you're not using the phone a lot and the screen is off then the Android and standby radios being a high % can be normal. Now if your battery % is draining a lot with it then it's a problem. For example, my standby and Android can be around 15% each over night, but my battery only dropped 4%. So that's normal. It means it's using very little power. If your battery is dropping rapidly and those are high then there is probably an issue.
    04-11-2015 08:51 AM
    No fancy analyses or screenshots, but I can say that mine (VZW 32GB Edge) only lost 3% across ~9 hours overnight with all the normal stuff, including WiFi, turned on. Played with the thing quite a bit after I picked it up yesterday around 2ish, and never really felt like the battery was draining any faster than my M8 would. Happy so far!
    04-11-2015 09:05 AM
    Is there anyone out there who actually uses their phone for a significant degree of phone calls (in addition to the SOT everyone is always reporting), and keeps their settings for wireless radios and other options (VoLTE especially as it is required for simultaneous voice + data) and can provide useful battery stats?

I ask because I run a business and am incredibly busy. I am frequently on the phone (Bluetooth) for 3-4 hours per day, plus require 2.5+ hours SOT probably in an average day. LTE signal is generally quite good everywhere as I reside in a pretty big city (Louisville, KY). I am not at all interested in turning off any of the stock features such as Google Now, Location History, High-Accuracy Location services (i.e. GPS), and I need to know how the phone calls affect life.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    04-11-2015 10:41 AM
    Is there anyone out there who actually uses their phone for a significant degree of phone calls (in addition to the SOT everyone is always reporting), and keeps their settings for wireless radios and other options (VoLTE especially as it is required for simultaneous voice + data) and can provide useful battery stats?

I ask because I run a business and am incredibly busy. I am frequently on the phone (Bluetooth) for 3-4 hours per day, plus require 2.5+ hours SOT probably in an average day. LTE signal is generally quite good everywhere as I reside in a pretty big city (Louisville, KY). I am not at all interested in turning off any of the stock features such as Google Now, Location History, High-Accuracy Location services (i.e. GPS), and I need to know how the phone calls affect life.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    I'm curious too, I pretty much mirror your use.
    04-11-2015 10:45 AM
    Yeah, I have a Verizon S6, and battery has been dismal. Cell standby is at the top of the list. Hope a few charge cycles will improve this.
    04-11-2015 10:49 AM
    My standby appears to be high at 31%, but the battery only dropped about 5-6% over night and I'm going on 20 hours since my last charge. I've only had the screen on for 2 hours, but I went for a 1.5 hour mountain bike ride last night and was using Spotify and Strava (which relies heavily on location services) so I'm fairly pleased with the battery life so far. I don't need 4-5 hours of SOT like some others, but knowing that I can easily get through a day with solid use is good enough for me.

Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-screenshot_2015-04-11-10-29-43.jpg
    Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-screenshot_2015-04-11-10-29-50.jpg
    04-11-2015 11:38 AM
    04-11-2015 12:40 PM
    For people having problems with standby. It it better, worse or the same with wifi turned on (off). Can someone try a comparison (full charge wifi on overnight vs next night full charge wifi off overnight). Thanks!! Seems like the problem could be wifi related.
    04-11-2015 12:52 PM
    For people having problems with standby. It it better, worse or the same with wifi turned on (off). Can someone try a comparison (full charge wifi on overnight vs next night full charge wifi off overnight). Thanks!! Seems like the problem could be wifi related.
    I did that earlier it's not related on my end. But again I don't have a drain issue.
    04-11-2015 01:33 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I definitely have the issue. Standby was at 36% with the screen and system both at 15%... After playing around I did find one "solution". Turning on airplane mode stops Cell Standby usage completely. Wifi has nothing to do with it. Obviously this isn't much of a solution, turning off the cell phone functions of your cell phone..
    04-11-2015 01:47 PM
    I have advanced calling on, this is my third day and now cell stand by usage...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-211.jpg  
    04-11-2015 02:14 PM
    For those who are having issues, try changing your network to LTE instead of global. Tell me it that fixed your issue.

04-11-2015 02:15 PM
    For those who are having issues, try changing your network to LTE instead of global. Tell me it that fixed your issue.

LTE/CDMA or LTE/GSM/UTMS?
    04-11-2015 02:20 PM
    CDMA
    04-11-2015 02:31 PM

Mine is on global no issues
    04-11-2015 02:32 PM
    Mine definitely has an issue related to WiFi when I'm not connected. This was taken about an hour or so with WiFi on but not connected while I was at the mall.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-1428780913506.jpg  
    04-11-2015 02:35 PM
    Mine is on global no issues
    Well you don't have the issue, so obviously nothing is going to be causing the nonexistent issue?

13% atm, going to change to LTE and update later
    04-11-2015 02:43 PM
    Well you don't have the issue, so obviously nothing is going to be causing the nonexistent issue?

13% atm, going to change to LTE and update later
    I'm thinking there is something more to it than which antennas are being used. The vast majority says it's due to WiFi. Something isn't right there. Unless your showing high phone radio use. Which should show hours you have since full charge and <15% unless you gave a good amount of lengthy phone calls
    04-11-2015 02:47 PM
    I never use my phone as a phone lol. Wi-Fi changes nothing for me. As I posted earlier, with airplane mode on and Wi-Fi on I don't have the issue AT ALL. I can use it all day with wifi and cell standby doesn't move. It may be an issue when they are both on together, or maybe my phone is just extra special..
    04-11-2015 02:52 PM
    I never use my phone as a phone lol. Wi-Fi changes nothing for me. As I posted earlier, with airplane mode on and Wi-Fi on I don't have the issue AT ALL. I can use it all day with wifi and cell standby doesn't move. It may be an issue when they are both on together, or maybe my phone is just extra special..
    Than something is running in background on cellular
    04-11-2015 03:06 PM
    A few text msg and a few brief phone calls. Just wanted to show no cell standby issue to speak ofVerizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-screenshot_2015-04-11-19-19-52-1-.jpg
    04-11-2015 06:41 PM
    I haven't been having any issues either (Verizon).
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues-1428799398276.jpg  
    04-11-2015 07:43 PM
    For those with cell stand by issues try this :

Change your mobile network from global to LTE/CDMA and report back to see if that fixes your problem with cell stand by.

04-11-2015 08:23 PM
    Here is the follow after my post this morning.

I just turned on advanced calling, so I will try it again tonight to see how it compares (I am couch bound due to recent surgery on my foot so lots of time to experiment).
    04-11-2015 09:05 PM
93 1234