Verizon GS6 has no cell stand by battery issues

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For the life of me, I can't figure out where I set this. If you can let us know it would be really appreciated.

Sending error reports to google when you link your gmail account I remember i unchecked it around there.

But in settings I'll play with it tomorrow and see if i can find it. I haven't been in android game in 5 months or so since work gave me. Unlimited data and iPhone 5s free.
But I'll figure it out and let yall know when I find it. But looking at his shot it's not showing a wake lock only wifi so something there isn't correct.

What ghz connection is it 2.4? I would do a factory reset and look for that box and uncheck it. Maybe something is corrupt In the start up processes?

I do this with every phone I get new..

I buy it charge it fully
Set it up. Charge it fully
Leave on night stand with everything on for 12+ hours go back to it with 2 or 3 different battery monitors like gsm and see if there is something keeping the phone awake or corrupt apps from Samsung
Then 12 hours with it off wifi and repeat with screenshots and check the pattern and see if something is wrong if not your golden. If you find a bad factory device you now have 13 days to exchange it and 2 years to play with it. Be patient

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
974aa233f35dd40aa196ee253993c8dc.jpg

aa60239e2dfd8560c29d3e6d5194efa3.jpg

Not bad.. just standby no use at all

Messenger was running in background also

Searching for that check box now

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well it looks like my battery drain issue I was having or at least I thought I was having yesterday didn't seem to affect me over night. Maybe it's an issue when I'm not at home? I'll do some more testing today.

Attachments

• 1428750177643.jpg
    1428750177643.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 52

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No issue here. Got it yesterday, and played with it a bit, then charged to 100% before going to bed.

WiFi on, WiFi scanning off, location set to highest accuracy, Bluetooth on, advanced calling (I assume that is VoLTE) off.

Here are the screen shots from this morning:

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been on android for about a year but this seems very high, no?

S6 Edge

What is high? Everything is relative. If you're not using the phone a lot and the screen is off then the Android and standby radios being a high % can be normal. Now if your battery % is draining a lot with it then it's a problem. For example, my standby and Android can be around 15% each over night, but my battery only dropped 4%. So that's normal. It means it's using very little power. If your battery is dropping rapidly and those are high then there is probably an issue.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No fancy analyses or screenshots, but I can say that mine (VZW 32GB Edge) only lost 3% across ~9 hours overnight with all the normal stuff, including WiFi, turned on. Played with the thing quite a bit after I picked it up yesterday around 2ish, and never really felt like the battery was draining any faster than my M8 would. Happy so far!

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who actually uses their phone for a significant degree of phone calls (in addition to the SOT everyone is always reporting), and keeps their settings for wireless radios and other options (VoLTE especially as it is required for simultaneous voice + data) and can provide useful battery stats?

I ask because I run a business and am incredibly busy. I am frequently on the phone (Bluetooth) for 3-4 hours per day, plus require 2.5+ hours SOT probably in an average day. LTE signal is generally quite good everywhere as I reside in a pretty big city (Louisville, KY). I am not at all interested in turning off any of the stock features such as Google Now, Location History, High-Accuracy Location services (i.e. GPS), and I need to know how the phone calls affect life.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who actually uses their phone for a significant degree of phone calls (in addition to the SOT everyone is always reporting), and keeps their settings for wireless radios and other options (VoLTE especially as it is required for simultaneous voice + data) and can provide useful battery stats?

I ask because I run a business and am incredibly busy. I am frequently on the phone (Bluetooth) for 3-4 hours per day, plus require 2.5+ hours SOT probably in an average day. LTE signal is generally quite good everywhere as I reside in a pretty big city (Louisville, KY). I am not at all interested in turning off any of the stock features such as Google Now, Location History, High-Accuracy Location services (i.e. GPS), and I need to know how the phone calls affect life.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I'm curious too, I pretty much mirror your use.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have a Verizon S6, and battery has been dismal. Cell standby is at the top of the list. Hope a few charge cycles will improve this.

Last edited:

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My standby appears to be high at 31%, but the battery only dropped about 5-6% over night and I'm going on 20 hours since my last charge. I've only had the screen on for 2 hours, but I went for a 1.5 hour mountain bike ride last night and was using Spotify and Strava (which relies heavily on location services) so I'm fairly pleased with the battery life so far. I don't need 4-5 hours of SOT like some others, but knowing that I can easily get through a day with solid use is good enough for me.

Screenshot_2015-04-11-10-29-43.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-11-10-29-50.jpg

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
For people having problems with standby. It it better, worse or the same with wifi turned on (off). Can someone try a comparison (full charge wifi on overnight vs next night full charge wifi off overnight). Thanks!! Seems like the problem could be wifi related.

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For people having problems with standby. It it better, worse or the same with wifi turned on (off). Can someone try a comparison (full charge wifi on overnight vs next night full charge wifi off overnight). Thanks!! Seems like the problem could be wifi related.
I did that earlier it's not related on my end. But again I don't have a drain issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835