For those early adopters who got there vzw s6 today.....
    1. How is the battery life treating you?
    2. How is the reception and signal ( both WiFi and 4g)
    3. Any issues with volte?
    4. Any glaring issues that are carrier specific?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 02:34 PM
    For those early adopters who got there vzw s6 today.....
    1. How is the battery life treating you?
    2. How is the reception and signal ( both WiFi and 4g)
    3. Any issues with volte?
    4. Any glaring issues that are carrier specific?

Looks very positive on one and two. None on three and four.

04-10-2015 06:32 PM
    Well we did not get ours until 11 am so not super early. OK with 1,2 and 4. Don't know about 4.
    04-10-2015 06:46 PM
    Well idk about anyone else but I haven't put this down yet. Filly charged it when I got it, been using it non stop downloading my apps etc...and after 4 hours of heavy use I'm at 56% battery.
    04-10-2015 06:54 PM
    Well idk about anyone else but I haven't put this down yet. Filly charged it when I got it, been using it non stop downloading my apps etc...and after 4 hours of heavy use I'm at 56% battery.
    My battery life has also been very good so far but I think it's a little early to know for sure. I'm on day two with testing and am very happy with the vz battery. I also don't have any of the standby usage that the tmo guys we're talking about.

04-10-2015 07:01 PM
    I also didn't think there was alot of bloat. Standard verizon stuff for sure but not a whole lot of Samsung stuff
    04-10-2015 07:03 PM
    hoping this improves, received mine, used it for a few hours. EXTREMELY laggy, can't even write a text without sitting and waiting for it to load the text i've typed. as of now, im letting it charge, and sit and if its the same when its charged i plan on doing a factory reset
    04-10-2015 07:39 PM
    hoping this improves, received mine, used it for a few hours. EXTREMELY laggy, can't even write a text without sitting and waiting for it to load the text i've typed. as of now, im letting it charge, and sit and if its the same when its charged i plan on doing a factory reset
    Wow. Zero lag on my vz. FDR.

04-10-2015 07:43 PM
    It's working much better now after the first battery cycle is through
    04-10-2015 11:30 PM
    I've got lag too. More than a two year old moto x. Fingerprint scanner junk for me.

Battery good,screen great, camera awesome.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-11-2015 05:29 AM
    I've got lag too. More than a two year old moto x. Fingerprint scanner junk for me.

Battery good,screen great, camera awesome.

What type of lag? The normal Touchwiz delay or a typing delay?

Motorola phones are known to be smooth due to its minimalistic Android skin. Samsung is known to have OS lag which is one reason I ditched them.
    04-11-2015 05:32 AM
    vzw s6 questions-uploadfromtaptalk1428751406597.jpg
    Here's a standby sample from last night/this morning. Pretty satisfied!

Galaxy S6
    04-11-2015 06:24 AM
    I haven't noticed it typing.

The big one is gallery to camera. Some hiccups here and there.
    04-11-2015 06:34 AM
    Does foxfi work on the vzw s6? I want this phone but can't root and need foxfi.

04-11-2015 08:25 AM
    For those that are having issues with the finger scanner, my guess is that you didn't do a great job of setting it up. Mine works every single time and my wife has some issues. I had her redo the setup with some direction and hers works better now. When you set and replace your finger on the setup, place it in different directions (that you'd realistically do) instead of picking up and pressing down on the same spot.
    04-11-2015 08:34 AM
    I had VOLTE/HD Voice turned on at first but I was hearing a slight hiss on my phone calls so I turned it off and now calls seem better.

04-11-2015 10:30 AM
    Does foxfi work on the vzw s6? I want this phone but can't root and need foxfi.

Yes foxfi works on vz s6

04-11-2015 11:55 AM
    For those that are having issues with the finger scanner, my guess is that you didn't do a great job of setting it up. Mine works every single time and my wife has some issues. I had her redo the setup with some direction and hers works better now. When you set and replace your finger on the setup, place it in different directions (that you'd realistically do) instead of picking up and pressing down on the same spot.
    I've set it up probably 2 dozen times in every way imaginable. For awhile it will work 4/5. Then sometimes 0/5. Very frustrating.

04-11-2015 12:56 PM
    1. I'm not impressed. It was under 10% last night after use, I charged it to 100% then unplugged it & went back to bed - it went down 5% in 3 hours. I used it for a bit then took a 20-25 minute shower - it went down 7%. In the 8 hours since I unplugged it, it's down to 61% with just 1 hour 5 mins of screen time & 25% cell standby

2. Mine was at 3G all last night & this morning, which is unusual. I thought the aluminum part of my case was the culprit, switched from Global (which my S3 was on & got 4G here) to LTE/CMDA & saw a brief flash of 4G before it went back to 3G. It went to 4G while I showered & has remained there, but also drained 7% during that time so I'm not sure what its deal is.

3. Can't for the life of me find the setting, and I just want to turn it off anyway.

I'm hoping my battery issues will be resolved with more charging cycles because the S6 is beautiful and I do adore it.

ETA: Fingerprint has been working flawlessly. I did get a lot of instruction during setup so I don't know if I was messing something up & it was trying to lead me in the right direction, or if that's normal, but I'm super impressed.
    04-11-2015 01:24 PM
    My was laggy due to updating and dowloading apps in general, the battery life has me impressed. Not my old Droid Turbo impressed of course but happy none the less. There is no general lag after I have everything updated and some bloat disabled.
    04-11-2015 02:13 PM