Hi all just received my S6 and loving it. Have set it all up but there is one thing i cannot get to work which i really need. I have setup my Exchange work email everything has come across email contacts and calender but when i search for a contact it does not give me the option to search my works global address book. This should also work when creating a new email and typing an email address should search as well. I have just come from a HTC M8 and use to work fine. Any ideas?
    04-10-2015 06:25 PM
    Which email client are you using? Try a different one?
    04-10-2015 06:29 PM
    I am using the stock email client that comes with the phone. But regardless of the email client the contacts app should search the global address book.
    04-10-2015 06:36 PM
    Hi,
    having same problem here: in S6 contact settings there is no check box "Online search". My S4 with fresh Lollipop has it! No way to search or use my Exchange server contacts! :-(
    Furthermore I miss in Call settings - Internet call - Calling account settings. That's where I set up my VOIP accounts. Is available in S4, missing in S6!
    So
    - online (Exchange server) contacts
    - VOIP setting
    missing on new S6? Very, very sad!
    04-12-2015 11:27 AM
    I had to download a third party email client in which then my global address book worked. I am currently use Nine Exchange app.
    04-13-2015 12:11 AM
    Hi,
    having same problem here: in S6 contact settings there is no check box "Online search". My S4 with fresh Lollipop has it! No way to search or use my Exchange server contacts! :-(
    Furthermore I miss in Call settings - Internet call - Calling account settings. That's where I set up my VOIP accounts. Is available in S4, missing in S6!
    So
    - online (Exchange server) contacts
    - VOIP setting
    missing on new S6? Very, very sad!
    What carrier are you on?
    I'm on AT&T and have VoLTE in my settings. As for Exchange, I don't know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 12:59 AM
    What carrier are you on?

04-14-2015 12:57 PM
    What carrier are you on?

04-14-2015 01:03 PM
    I don't think it's about carrier. S4 on Lollipop has it both: VOIP settings in stock call settings and online search in stock contacts settings, S6 has none. Both on same carrier, same SIM, O2 Germany, same Exchange account.

04-14-2015 01:15 PM
    Hi all just received my S6 and loving it. Have set it all up but there is one thing i cannot get to work which i really need. I have setup my Exchange work email everything has come across email contacts and calender but when i search for a contact it does not give me the option to search my works global address book. This should also work when creating a new email and typing an email address should search as well. I have just come from a HTC M8 and use to work fine. Any ideas?
    The auto configuration for the Exchange settings left the domain field blank. I removed the account and setup it up manually with the correct domain name
    08-05-2015 01:32 PM
    Try disabling the power saver plan
    07-04-2016 06:37 AM