Fingerprint Sensor A Bit Finicky - Any Setup Tricks Or Techniques?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've tries using three of the four available slots to do just my right thumb (the finger I'll almost always be using), I've tried to use different angles and parts of the thumb but I'm still finding that recognition is a bit hit or miss.

Just wondering what your experiences have been with this or if you've found some tricks that help it register more reliably.

dan obri

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Check to see if there is an update for your phone. I am on ATT and there is no update yet, but I have heard that Team Mobile had one that addressed the issue.

I also notice if you wake your phone by pressing the finger print scanner lifting up for only a second and then placing it back down right away it works about 80% of the time. If you are using the power button and then the finger print scanner you are likely not getting your finger on there quick enough.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've tries using three of the four available slots to do just my right thumb (the finger I'll almost always be using), I've tried to use different angles and parts of the thumb but I'm still finding that recognition is a bit hit or miss.

Just wondering what your experiences have been with this or if you've found some tricks that help it register more reliably.

Once setting it up, it works great, 0 issues with both thumbs and both pointer fingers. I don't know what could be causing your issues but Sprint s6 edge had an update immediately upon setting up the phone.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It works flawlessly with mine. Don't know what that person up there is saying about "not great like my iphone" because I have had no issues with it at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
It works flawlessly with mine. Don't know what that person up there is saying about "not great like my iphone" because I have had no issues with it at all.

I don't have any issues. Why are you putting words in mouth?

Halofury

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Flawless for me ... maybe the way you setup is not as natural as when you unlock your phone... maybe just my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App from the G6

Dregur

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Why are you using three versions off only one finger? It should be one fingerprint per finger, that could be the reason why there's a problem.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is dreadful. Beyond miserable to use. I can't imagine I'd EVER actually want to use it, it's just that bad. Wish it wasn't. Maybe something is wrong with mine. Just awful.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sprint and T-Mobile had a day one software update that did address issues with the fingerprint sensor. I saw a couple reviews that did mention issues until the software update came out and then it worked great. It's not shocking that AT&T is late to the game on the update.

I have nothing but issues with it and yes, it's set up correctly and being used correctly. Never had an S5 so I don't swipe it across and regardless of pressure or position it only works 2 or 3 out of 10 times; though when setting up the finger print it works flawlessly in picking it up. Hopefully AT&T, and Verizon if they didn't get it, will get the day 1 update soon.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've reset it and started over about a dozen times. At best it's 50/50 for me. Luckily I use my watch as a trusted device but it's pretty frustrating and seems half baked. Seems just another example of jusssst not being able to catch apple.

mclark1242

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Idk mine works great. Reads my thumb side ways as well. Unlocks so easy. Catch apple? One person out of how many....mine is with verizon, I've never had it not read my finger

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That's disappointing to me. Was hoping on verizon maybe it just needed an update. Nope, mine just sucks. Sometimes it goes 0 for 5 and I have to use the password. Just awful.

I guarantee when I call in it'll be hard reset after hard reset.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine works most of the time, but when it doesn't it just plain doesn't. And when it doesn't I have to input a long password with letters and numbers, not just a four digit pin like on my iPhones. I've trained it twice and it doesn't seem to matter.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine works most of the time, but when it doesn't it just plain doesn't. And when it doesn't I have to input a long password with letters and numbers, not just a four digit pin like on my iPhones. I've trained it twice and it doesn't seem to matter.

I got so fed up that now I have a pattern unlock. Maybe cases get in the way?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues. Why are you putting words in mouth?

Because not great implies it is less than flawless. If you have not had any issues then how is it worse than another phone you have no issues with?

"Not great like my iphone" implies it has issues your iPhone doesn't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007