04-28-2015 08:52 PM
48 12
tools
    I've tries using three of the four available slots to do just my right thumb (the finger I'll almost always be using), I've tried to use different angles and parts of the thumb but I'm still finding that recognition is a bit hit or miss.

Just wondering what your experiences have been with this or if you've found some tricks that help it register more reliably.
    04-10-2015 05:31 PM
    Check to see if there is an update for your phone. I am on ATT and there is no update yet, but I have heard that Team Mobile had one that addressed the issue.

I also notice if you wake your phone by pressing the finger print scanner lifting up for only a second and then placing it back down right away it works about 80% of the time. If you are using the power button and then the finger print scanner you are likely not getting your finger on there quick enough.
    04-10-2015 06:50 PM
    I have 0 issues, I have both thumbs scanned on mine (verizon) and it works flawless
    04-10-2015 06:53 PM
    I have 0 issues, I have both thumbs scanned on mine (verizon) and it works flawless
    Mine is good. Not great like my iPhone but very good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 07:30 PM
    I've tries using three of the four available slots to do just my right thumb (the finger I'll almost always be using), I've tried to use different angles and parts of the thumb but I'm still finding that recognition is a bit hit or miss.

Just wondering what your experiences have been with this or if you've found some tricks that help it register more reliably.
    Once setting it up, it works great, 0 issues with both thumbs and both pointer fingers. I don't know what could be causing your issues but Sprint s6 edge had an update immediately upon setting up the phone.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-10-2015 07:39 PM
    It works flawlessly with mine. Don't know what that person up there is saying about "not great like my iphone" because I have had no issues with it at all.

Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 07:46 PM
    It works flawlessly with mine. Don't know what that person up there is saying about "not great like my iphone" because I have had no issues with it at all.

I don't have any issues. Why are you putting words in mouth?

04-10-2015 08:01 PM
    Flawless for me ... maybe the way you setup is not as natural as when you unlock your phone... maybe just my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App from the G6
    04-10-2015 08:04 PM

Why are you using three versions off only one finger? It should be one fingerprint per finger, that could be the reason why there's a problem.
    04-10-2015 08:11 PM
    Mine is dreadful. Beyond miserable to use. I can't imagine I'd EVER actually want to use it, it's just that bad. Wish it wasn't. Maybe something is wrong with mine. Just awful.
    04-10-2015 08:16 PM
    I did both thumbs and it's been working flawlessly.
    04-10-2015 08:23 PM
    Sprint and T-Mobile had a day one software update that did address issues with the fingerprint sensor. I saw a couple reviews that did mention issues until the software update came out and then it worked great. It's not shocking that AT&T is late to the game on the update.

I have nothing but issues with it and yes, it's set up correctly and being used correctly. Never had an S5 so I don't swipe it across and regardless of pressure or position it only works 2 or 3 out of 10 times; though when setting up the finger print it works flawlessly in picking it up. Hopefully AT&T, and Verizon if they didn't get it, will get the day 1 update soon.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:33 PM
    No issues with mine!? I've used it dozens of times and probably had it not recognized my thumb once or twice at most
    04-10-2015 08:41 PM
    I've reset it and started over about a dozen times. At best it's 50/50 for me. Luckily I use my watch as a trusted device but it's pretty frustrating and seems half baked. Seems just another example of jusssst not being able to catch apple.
    04-10-2015 08:51 PM
    Idk mine works great. Reads my thumb side ways as well. Unlocks so easy. Catch apple? One person out of how many....mine is with verizon, I've never had it not read my finger
    estebancam likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:39 PM
    That's disappointing to me. Was hoping on verizon maybe it just needed an update. Nope, mine just sucks. Sometimes it goes 0 for 5 and I have to use the password. Just awful.

I guarantee when I call in it'll be hard reset after hard reset.
    04-10-2015 10:16 PM
    Mine works most of the time, but when it doesn't it just plain doesn't. And when it doesn't I have to input a long password with letters and numbers, not just a four digit pin like on my iPhones. I've trained it twice and it doesn't seem to matter.
    04-10-2015 10:34 PM
    Sorry your having issues but mine is working great as well. Sprint s6 64 black
    04-10-2015 10:45 PM
    Mine works most of the time, but when it doesn't it just plain doesn't. And when it doesn't I have to input a long password with letters and numbers, not just a four digit pin like on my iPhones. I've trained it twice and it doesn't seem to matter.
    I got so fed up that now I have a pattern unlock. Maybe cases get in the way?

04-10-2015 11:31 PM
    I don't have any issues. Why are you putting words in mouth?

Because not great implies it is less than flawless. If you have not had any issues then how is it worse than another phone you have no issues with?

"Not great like my iphone" implies it has issues your iPhone doesn't have.

04-11-2015 04:15 AM

Just make sure that when you set up the fingerprint you press your thumb in as many angles as you can. I used the top of the thumb, the side and I also made sure I was holding the phone like I usually do when I unlock the device while training the scanner. I have two fingerprints trained: my right thumb and my left thumb. Works every time and very quickly.

I hated the Galaxy NOTE 4 scanner so much I turned it off after 2 days. Never used it again. On this one I sometimes forget I have a fingerprint lock because it works so well.

04-11-2015 04:19 AM
    Because not great implies it is less than flawless. If you have not had any issues then how is it worse than another phone you have no issues with?

"Not great like my iphone" implies it has issues your iPhone doesn't have.

Oh it's less than flawless. How's rhat?

04-11-2015 04:19 AM
    I've reset it and started over about a dozen times. At best it's 50/50 for me. Luckily I use my watch as a trusted device but it's pretty frustrating and seems half baked. Seems just another example of jusssst not being able to catch apple.
    Well I have 4 fingers set up, I tap the home button, screen comes on, leave whatever finger I used to tap the home button on the button 1 sec later it unlocks. Occasionally I'll have my finger in an awkward angle and it will vibrate, I change finger position and 1 sec later unlocks. It's perfect whenever I have my finger tip on the button, it gives me the vibration whenever I put my finger to high because I accidentally think I'm using the s5 scanner. Lol so the 1 in 20 times it didn't work perfectly is due to user error. And they've done side by side comparisons on YouTube. It works just as fast and sometimes faster then apple touch id.

By the way, for those who think Samsung was chasing apple on the fingerprint scanner. Do some homework, Samsung had a contract with the company who created the fingerprint scanner that Apple bow uses. Samsung was going to have touch id before apple had it, then at the last minute apple swooped in and purchased that company and effectively ending that contract with Samsung and then using the technology in their iPhone 5. So... Apple was 1st by technicality and then it forced Samsung to find other software that worked slightly different so you know they wouldn't get sued like always.

PsychDoc likes this.
    04-11-2015 04:54 AM
    Just in case you thought I was lying.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-app...droid-in-byod/

04-11-2015 05:04 AM
    Just in case you thought I was lying.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-app...droid-in-byod/

Who cares? The point is apple did it, Samsung didn't.

Glad it works for everyone else. Its awful for me. Will send back and try another. Just disappointing.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-11-2015 05:25 AM
48 12