Slow Charging?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got my S6 today. It was on 45% out of the box. Plugged it into the "quick charger" that came with it and went to dinner. It was 53% and after 2 hours when I returned it is at 83%. This is quick charging or is it because it's the first time? My HTC M9 with the quick charger could have gone from 45% to 100% in a matter of minutes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Something doesn't sound right at all .. Check in your notification shade and see if the phone notices it as "Fast Charging". If so either your brick or cord could be damaged.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, something is wrong. It shouldn't take that long at all.
Thanks guys. I think the cord was seated all the way into the brick. Now I see the fast charging symbol in the panel and it says "32 minutes from 81% to full" which isn't too bad I guess, but not stellar either.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I think the cord was seated all the way into the brick. Now I see the fast charging symbol in the panel and it says "32 minutes from 81% to full" which isn't too bad I guess, but not stellar either.

All li-ion battery charge faster from 0 to 80ish. Above that is saturation charge stage, no fast charging can help that, is just always slow.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I agree and I'm ok with it. I meant to say in my last reply that the cord was not fully seated in the brick which is why it wasn't fast charging.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Put mine on the Cigarette charger in the CAr and it started charging pretty Fast.
Come home and put in on the 110Vac charger and it charged great.

Been talk'n a lot on the phone. Laid it in the charger pad. Man I like the charging pad.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I let my phone died to 0 the I did a full charge and everyone is charge it charged fully on like and hr..

Posted via the Android Central App

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Update changed to original cable which is shorter for some reason and noticed the cable didn't go in all the way so I pushed it in and it's working properly, but an hour damn it takes a while then. Same thing as in the S4.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I let my phone died to 0 the I did a full charge and everyone is charge it charged fully on like and hr..

Posted via the Android Central App

I think Assassin Droid recommended that you not let your battery get below around 40 percent.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device