S6 Black or White

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's definitely really blue. Occasionally it looks black but most of the time it's blue. So go into it thinking you're getting Navy blue. If you think you're getting black then you'll be upset.

Thank you so much for saying that. I've had my "black" S6 Edge since release date and the damn things looks blue to me. If you compare the black screen to the rest of it, the other parts are clearly not black. My girlfriend says it's all black and thinks I'm crazy.

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a white S6 Edge, and I'm a guy :). I think the white is a little less common than the black, and makes the detailing of the phone stand out a bit more for me. I really like the blue S6s, very nice looking.

And white definitely doesn't show smudging. The white also has a pearlescence to it, like white that is often found in Cadillacs and Lexuses (what is the plural of Lexus? Lexi? Eh, whatever).

I think it's quite sharp.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I went with black, and glad I did. It often gives off shades of navy blue or even dark grey.

Last edited:

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the white (and I'm a dude, if that seems to matter to people). I've always had black phones and after getting a white tablet, I want to try a white phone... something different.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Another guy here with the White version. I really like it. I think normally white looks cheap, but this one doesn't for some reason. Plus i do hate that their "Black" sapphire is really more Blue than anything.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
The sapphire looks very navy. Videos online don't show the true color. I'd even say it's more blue than black. I did get it and like it and also have a case so fingerprints on the back aren't a major concern for me

Galaxy S6
I agree in the light it definitely looks navy.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
To me it was a no brainer the black/navy blue looked better. Plus it's more "guy like". I haven't noticed any major issues of smudging either. Yes it occurs, but its not extremely obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC