Houston, We Have Major Awesomeness!!!!!!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
do you know if you were to install nova or google launcher, if you'd have the carousal home screens?

No carousel effect. Still TouchWiz. No need for third party launcher at this point.

Yes, if you install Nova Launcher and set it that way you will have your Carousel effect, endless screen scrolling. I have it that way and it works just like in any other device.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I have the 64GB black sapphire GS6. For the price of the 32GB Edge, I got more storage in essence paying $100 for 32GB. It is lightning fast from booting up to restarting to overall use. It is smooth as butter with no detectable lag. Battery life sounds like you can get up to 21 hours total, SOT has been reported at 5-6 hours on AT&T.

You guys are both in my neck of the woods! I live in Sherman (about an hour north of Dallas)!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys are both in my neck of the woods! I live in Sherman (about an hour north of Dallas)!

Nice! Although about 1.5 hours with the contruction at 75 & El Dorado in McKinney lol! Had to go to the courthouse in McKinney the other day and it was nuts going North on 75! Gonna be nice once they finish it though!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I have the 64GB black sapphire GS6. For the price of the 32GB Edge, I got more storage in essence paying $100 for 32GB. It is lightning fast from booting up to restarting to overall use. It is smooth as butter with no detectable lag. Battery life sounds like you can get up to 21 hours total, SOT has been reported at 5-6 hours on AT&T.

It sound NICE! Up for upgrade about mid May and may get the same model, 64GB Black! I am liking what I am hearing so far in the reviews, including yours. Although I need a case and glass screen protector. Had the Nexus 4 and Xperia Z2 and both made me a nervous wreck with glass backs...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you install Nova Launcher and set it that way you will have your Carousel effect, endless screen scrolling. I have it that way and it works just like in any other device.

I kind of like not having the carousel effect.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It appears that both the calendar and the clock icons both change and are not static.

Dvoraak

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No carousel effect. Still TouchWiz. No need for third party launcher at this point.

I just got mine 2 days ago and I'm impressed so far but the built in launcher just doesn't cut it. No app search in the drawer and no way to hide apps beyond disabling them. I've been a long time Nova user and looks like it's staying that way a little longer.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on AT&T notice that when you select an icon on your homescreen, the icon is back-lit with a yellow halo or outline?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The stock browser is pretty cool as it lets you clear your tabs that almost looks like close all apps.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
"Don't forget to take off the film on rfc lens"

Thank you! Because I totally did forget. I was taking pictures and wondering why the image wasn't so great. I'm going to the Giants game tonight and will be taking lots of pictures. Duh.

But what a great phone! Traded in my s5 on the Edge program, so only paid taxes and lease the phone. I never sold my old phones anyway, so it's worth it me to get a new phone every year (although if you sign for the Edge program now, it's 18 months). Things I love about the phone: the looks and premium feel. The 3D layered thing on the home screen. The themes! I'm an old Blackberry user and I loved the themes. There aren't many to choose from yet, but I'm sure there will be. The health app is much better (the heart rate sensor and saving options). Haven't fooled with the camera much because there is a learning curve to that. People are chirping about the battery life, but I turned off Google location and fiddled with this and that, I have a strong signal where I live, so I took it off the charger at 9 a.m. and it's at 99% at 12:15 in the afternoon. That seems weird to me, actually--kind of too good to be true. I'm not expecting that to remain that way once I start using Waze and different apps out in the real world. The last update on my s5 turned my phone into a buggy, overheating, battery-sucking mess. Up until that point, it was a really nice phone. Even the update to fix the update didn't really fix it, so I was glad to get rid of it. I was extremely glad I was on the Edge program because the thought of another whole year wasn't appealing. And the plastic bezel was looking quite ratty, even though I had it in a case.

I like how all the Google, Samsung, and Verizon similar apps are all in their own folders, instead of spread all across the app screen. You can pull out the ones you want on your home screen easily and the rest stay all tidy in their folders. And the charger: that thing rocks! It really does juice up your phone in a hurry. My Verizon store was out of the wireless chargers, but I am going to get one of those. After using the power mats at Starbucks, I'm all about it. They are back to the old mini-usb chargers, so I hope no one threw their old car chargers out.

It does get really fingerprinty (new word) back and front. I wasn't going to put mine in a case, but decided to after almost dropping it. I don't usually use screen protectors, but the Verizon guy sold me on the tempered glass one and while the edges show, it feels like glass and I actually quite like it. The phone is so new and pretty so I'm babying it a bit.

And a shout out to Verizon: best experience I've ever had there. No messing around with the Edge program with unexpected BS. I had made my 12 payments on my s5 and that was that. Upgraded in a minute, got the last s6 (black, 64GB) in the store, and on my way. And there's a promotion for a cheap tablet, too. I got the 64GB Ellipsis * for $30. Not a great tablet, but I have an iPad and Samsung Tab so this cheapie will be for the grandkids.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What's the deal with the opaque white circle with the three dots? How do you remove it?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone on AT&T notice that when you select an icon on your homescreen, the icon is back-lit with a yellow halo or outline?

I notice a white halo but that could be based on my background.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463