Turn off LTE? Battery drain.

Tami Harris1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the LTE signal on the S6? I live in a rural area where constant back and forth of 3g to 4G LTE drains my battery. As in lost 30% of battery on standby on the night stand over night. This is the first Android phone I have owned. I flipped a simple toggle switch on iphones in the past which fixed the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Service provided by AT&T. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the LTE signal on the S6? I live in a rural area where constant back and forth of 3g to 4G LTE drains my battery. As in lost 30% of battery on standby on the night stand over night. This is the first Android phone I have owned. I flipped a simple toggle switch on iphones in the past which fixed the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. what carrier are you with? where is rural?
2. did you try - Settings-->More-->Cellular Networks-->Preferred Network Type

Tami Harris1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
AT&T - Arkansas. It's all rural here. Lol
The settings options aren't as you describe on my phone. I feel like maybe that is the layout of the older galaxy phones, but something that changed with the S6 as i have read that suggestion elsewhere. The closest thing I have is "mobile networks" but when I click in that the options don't help. I have screens shots but can't figure out how to post them here.

Matriculation

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
You can turn it off by looking under Data Usage and you can find a switch in there to turn Mobile Data on or off.

Settings-->Data Usage-->Mobile data (on or off)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma