S6 Sprint Data Connection Slow to Start

Nogib

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Count me in too with regards to the slow social apps! Only thing I've gotten from them via Twitter is "This is a known issue. We are working with our device techs to get this resolved. Temporary work around is set your GS6 to CDMA." I sincerely hope that this is truthful and not just trying to placate me with fluff. They had better be actually looking into it for us!

Eric Tran1

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Got the S6 yesterday for Sprint yesterday and yes, apps are impossible to use through data. Has anybody found a solution? Please let us know!!

Alyssa Iott

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Add another to the list. It's really frustrating to only be able to use my new phone when I have a wifi connection. Come on sprint do something about this!

patrice782

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, it's making it almost impossible to enjoy this phone.

Went to the sprint store yesterday and I was told that they are aware of this issue, and Samsung has been notified about it and should be sending a software update to fix the issue. No time frame was given though :-\

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, it's making it almost impossible to enjoy this phone.

Went to the sprint store yesterday and I was told that they are aware of this issue, and Samsung has been notified about it and should be sending a software update to fix the issue. No time frame was given though :-\

Yeah, the sprint community forums are inundated with this issue. They also said they are working on the issue.

I'm sad to say that this might be an issue with the exynos processor and its radios. They had a hard time putting LTE in their radios until recently and i think we are the guinea pigs.

Posted via the Android Central App

RyanG220

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Tons of people are having the same issues. We're all being told to wait, but how long can any of us do that? I also don't think that it's the Exynos processor that's causing the issue. On the Sprint forum I've read a few posts on how people who got the HTC M9, which has the Snapdragon 810 are having the same problems. It's a Sprint Spark problem (Band 41). If you dial ##debug# from your dial screen and then go to "LTE Engineering" it will show you "Serving CELL" and "BAND". If it says 41 next to band, then that's Sprint Spark. It is what seems to be giving people the most trouble, which is why switching to CDMA is a temporary fix.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the sprint community forums are inundated with this issue. They also said they are working on the issue.

I'm sad to say that this might be an issue with the exynos processor and its radios. They had a hard time putting LTE in their radios until recently and i think we are the guinea pigs.

If it was the exynos chip wouldn't all carrier variants be having this issue then?

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an s6 32gb and I cannot send or receive a snapchat unless Im on wifi A few other apps are acting similar .. but i can click the internet and browse that no problem.. it seems to be hit or miss on which apps work for me... so frustrating..

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've spoken to Sprint techs and Samsung's tech's about this exact issue. I wasn't receiving any notifications at all. Emails would only come through if I went into the app and manual refreshed. They all say this is a known issue and that they are trying to fix it. It has something to do with the Spark network and band not staying active and allowing push notifications to come through. They get stuck. That is why if you updated your profile network messagess start flowing back in again. Also another reason why they are telling you to turn your network to CDMA. Let's hope its a simple update that adjusts this.

Other carriers are not having this same issue but I have heard people on Verizon are not getting text messages or they magical disappear from their phones. Crazy thing is my wife's white 32g Edge is fine. Notifications and all.

RyanG said it exaclty up a few post. "It's a Sprint Spark problem (Band 41). If you dial ##debug# from your dial screen and then go to "LTE Engineering" it will show you "Serving CELL" and "BAND". If it says 41 next to band, then that's Sprint Spark. It is what seems to be giving people the most trouble, which is why switching to CDMA is a temporary fix"

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an s6 32gb and I cannot send or receive a snapchat unless Im on wifi A few other apps are acting similar .. but i can click the internet and browse that no problem.. it seems to be hit or miss on which apps work for me... so frustrating..

Besides that, im barely getting an lte signal with spark. Most of the time i have 1 bar which switches to 3g and makes data usage unbearable.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Besides that, im barely getting an lte signal with spark. Most of the time i have 1 bar which switches to 3g and makes data usage unbearable.

Gator, What phone model and color do you have? Also did you buy it on the first day?
I am curious to see what models and colors along with when others have bought the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. Just the cdma variant for sprints lte bands.

That would be an odd hardware issue .. to only mess with certain bands. The CDMA one for Verizon is okay from what I have seen. Now if Sprint has something wrong with the software side that would make more sense.

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I am also barely getting a data signal at home. Using Signal Check Pro it says "I'm in a deadzone" because of the weak Sprint Spark LTE bands.
Gator, What phone model and color do you have? Also did you buy it on the first day?
I am curious to see what models and colors along with when others have bought the phone.
I know you were replying to the other person, but if you're interested I have a black sapphire phone 32gb bought on launch day.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That would be an odd hardware issue .. to only mess with certain bands. The CDMA one for Verizon is okay from what I have seen. Now if Sprint has something wrong with the software side that would make more sense.

It might be Almeuit. But regarless, it's still a radio issue whether it's software or hardware. I remember reading that the only reason Samsung made different models, one with SD and the other with Exynos, was because they somehow couldn't tie the LTE bands for CDMA into the Exynos.....so they made all U.S. variants with SD. I believe it's still not mature enough and besides, it's not only data....it's cellular as well as I drop more calls than a Tampa Bay Bucs wide receiver.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am also barely getting a data signal at home. Using Signal Check Pro it says "I'm in a deadzone" because of the weak Sprint Spark LTE bands.

I know you were replying to the other person, but if you're interested I have a black sapphire phone 32gb bought on launch day.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. What's funny is that every other phone I own (note 4, HTC One E8, and the LG G3) gets 4 to 5 bars of LTE with Spark right on my front porch while the S6 has one bar which switches in and out of 3G.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It might be Almeuit. But regarless, it's still a radio issue whether it's software or hardware. I remember reading that the only reason Samsung made different models, one with SD and the other with Exynos, was because they somehow couldn't tie the LTE bands for CDMA into the Exynos.....so they made all U.S. variants with SD. I believe it's still not mature enough and besides, it's not only data....it's cellular as well as I drop more calls than a Tampa Bay Bucs wide receiver.

I am leaning towards software on the Sprint side mainly because the exact variant for the Verizon users do not have this issue... Especially if Sprint says they're fixing it in their forum.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 uses the Qualcomm MDM9653M multi-mode baseband processor. While I don't have the Sprint specific information, I would venture to guess that Sprint uses the same baseband processor. Pretty much any device designed to operate on a cdma network with have a qualcomm baseband processor because cdma is qualcomm proprietary technology. The non cdma versions can utilize a non qualcomm processor.

It is also theoretically possible to use a qualcomm cdma baseband processor and a Samsung lte/gsm baseband processor... But highly unlikely that they would choose to use two baseband processor chips.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz