S6 Sprint Data Connection Slow to Start

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Having an issue with an S6 64Gb that I picked up at Sprint. There seems to be an issue where it takes a very long time for a connection to start when using mobile data.

Sitting side by side with my Note 4 on Sprint it takes around 10x longer for data to start transmitting. Once the data is flowing the speed is normal for my area, around 25Mbps.

For exaple, if I launch Google Music on both phones at same time, it takes over a minute for the menu to cone up on the S6 but nearly instant on the Note 4. Once everything loads initially though, everything streams smoothly on the S6.

Anyone else experience this or have any idea what might be causing it ? I would appreciate any help that could be provided.

Jimmyz0rz

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and is significantly slow using data compared to my note 3. I hope an update will be released... otherwise I'm taking this back i can barely browse facebook at work on break when before i could download the latest episode of walking dead on break with my note 3

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and is significantly slow using data compared to my note 3. I hope an update will be released... otherwise I'm taking this back i can barely browse facebook at work on break when before i could download the latest episode of walking dead on break with my note 3

why Didn't you get the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jimmyz0rz

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the note 3 since it came out, got sick of the size of my note 3 so decided to wait for the s6 when i was eligible for the early trade in.

waykol

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am also having the issue. I had the S5 and now it is very slow when connecting. Will not even let me do voice search... my s5 was much faster for data. I hope an update is available soon.

htfreemyer

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue also when using WiFi. When I have a 3G or 4G LTE connection everything loads relatively quickly but on WiFi it is painfully slow. I tested my WiFi and I am getting better than 30Mbps download once the connection is made. I hope we can figure this out soon, I love the phone but can't tolerate the delay!

fritz9981

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with data connection only. Everything is fast on WiFi. However certain apps, Mainly facebook and instagram are extremely slow on lte. Basically to the point of not loading at all. This is not a sprint data speed issue as websites will load extremely fast on lte. Speed test also shows I'm in the 15mb Range.

Anyone else having this issue?

Upload speed is also fine on those apps.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with data connection only. Everything is fast on WiFi. However certain apps, Mainly facebook and instagram are extremely slow on lte. Basically to the point of not loading at all. This is not a sprint data speed issue as websites will load extremely fast on lte. Speed test also shows I'm in the 15mb Range.

I am on Sprint LTE and have not had these issues. I am assuming you installed the launch OTA update? Have you tried updating your Profile and PRL? Does this also happen if you disable the Sprint Connections Optimizer?

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same exact issue. Social networking are the most noticeable. Other applications like YouTube work just fine. It is very frustrating.

anacrusis

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Same issue. Love the phone but data is painfully slow and poor reception. Wireless is very fast.

Still pissed about the inabilty to use data while on a call.

Side note: Ive noticed that google music has lots of hiccups and jitter when playing over bluetooth.

ndaven021

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issues. My phone works great on WiFi but once I leave my house it is impossible to use the Facebook app or Snapchat... Anyone else having the same issues with these apps? It wont even let me log into Snapchat. It says "Cannot connect to server" HELPPPPPP :(

waykol

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I posted once before already but i will say snap chat is unuseable, facebook is pretty bad. Wifi is perfect. I use speedtest app and i am also getting between 15 and 30mb download. I had s5 previously. Like the 1st posts in this thread, the data needs to almost "warm up" to work, but for some apps unuseable. Unlike s4 and s5 even s3 the data works immediately. Profile update and prl update did nothing, and they have the latest update possible. Factory reaet 3 times but no help. A sprint update needs to be put out soon. Phone is great but its almost like I need wifi to really enjoy the phone.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So as an update to my original post, I decided that I would try to change the device out for a new one. Just received the new device from sprint today the new device still has the exact same issue. There is definitely something wrong with the phone itself at this point. PRL, Profile, Factor Reset ... nothing has any effect on either phone that I tried.

Seems like I am stuck with a device that can barely be used now ... perfect. :'(

fritz9981

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I am on Sprint LTE and have not had these issues. I am assuming you installed the launch OTA update? Have you tried updating your Profile and PRL? Does this also happen if you disable the Sprint Connections Optimizer?

I'm still having the issue. Updated all of the above and no improvement. Apps are still useless on data connection. Glad to see I'm not the only one based on other posts but it is an isolated issue. Next step is try a factory reset but others are saying that hasn't worked either. Not sure what else to do other try to go get another phone from Sprint. Anyone out there that has had the problem and solved it????

robnyc079

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same exact problems. I've had my phone replaced and the issue still exists. I've contacted Sprint to further complain and they claim this is not a known issue to them. I offered to send the technical service representative the links to all these complaints but she wasn't interested.

Regardless, this issue will only get fixed if enough people call and complain to Sprint. When enough people call and complain, then they will get their act together and hopefully fix it. It's nice people post on the forum and I know that I'm not the only one with a non-working phone but you all need to call Sprint to complain!!!

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
wow cant believe this. not that I dont lol but im gonna download speed test and try it out. Ive been getting fast speeds from the get go.

Orbiting234

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Lump me into the same boat!

Glad I saw this thread. On my S6 I can barely do anything on specific social apps outside of the house. Web browsing is OK, Twitter is OK, can even get decent speed tests, but Facebook? Good god, I can NOT get the Facebook app to reliably refresh when on LTE. App works flawlessly on WiFi mind you. As it sits there forever the phone just gets hotter and hotter as it tries in vain to refresh. Oddly enough I have no issue getting to the Facebook web site. It is only the app itself that seems to be blocked or extremely throttled. Is there some sort of proxy Sprint is trying to send FB data through? I'm trying to figure out what the issue here is as it is very frustrating! Tried nuking the app data and setting up from scratch to no avail.

fritz9981

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Seems like more people are showing up with the same issue now. Still seeing no fixes.

There are also two similar threads on Sprints own S6 forum now. It's not letting me post links here but feel free to go there and pile on so hopefully sprint takes notice and will do something about it soon.

I'll be going to a Sprint Service Store on Monday.

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well lastnight I cleared out the running apps then restarted. It did some kind of update and when I went to test the speed it said network error. So today I re did it and now Im getting 5.70 UP and 1.41 DWN mbps. :'( But the good thing is it doesnt feel slow where I cant use anything