Anyone turn on advanced calling on Vzn?

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone turn on advanced calling on Verizon? How's the battery life?

I'm getting great battery life, but don't have it turned on. Apparently you need to have it turned on to use data while on a call (if you are not on WiFi). This wasn't an issue on my old S5. Bummer that they changed it on the S6.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have it on (came that way so it's the default setting it seems) and my battery life has been superb so far. I'm getting at least 5 hours of screen on time with a single charge.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on and didn't like the sound quality. My calls had a hissing to them so I turned it off again.

Posted via the Android Central App

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
If I turn it on and talk to someone that doesn't have it the sound is terrible. Very scratchy. Would love to fix the problem as it sounds great with others that have it. .

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I turned it on yesterday afternoon and doesn't look like any issues with battery drain. Used about 8% battery in 11 hours (mostly idle time).

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just turned off Wifi, and tried to call my daughter on her iphone. Would not let me do data (Web surf) and call, even though I have advanced calling on. WTF? Is there another setting I need to turn on? I can't believe this is happening in 2015.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't know, I guess not. What a pain though. I don't know how often I will need to use this feature, but when I need it, I need it. This is my only disappointment with the phone. The ability to talk and surf is pretty important.

For example, occasionally I use Cisco Webex for work. I wonder how that will work if I am in an area without wifi?

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes it is a pain. And unfortunately, it's not just the Galaxy S6 that's dealing with it: it's all of Verizon's new phones as they attempt the transition from CDMA + LTE to LTE only. Boneheaded executives somewhere in the chain of command decided it was worth saving a few bucks and forcing everyone's hand early with all new devices on the network. On every other carrier, voice + data is still possible in any circumstance due to the incorporation of two antenna paths. On Verizon, there is but one, so V+D is only possible when in LTE coverage areas using VoLTE.

2. Worries me reading about this hissing stuff. I do a TON of phone calls and will have to have Advanced Calling on for work. Don't have my S6 yet but I do not like what I am reading about that.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the phone with verizon tech support right now. Advanced calling will not work on my new s6. When they tried turning it on it shut down all my calls. Been on the phone over 1 hour now! Cell stand by has been draining my battery too. anyone know why?

cowkingdeluxe

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I turned it on and didn't like the sound quality. My calls had a hissing to them so I turned it off again.

I have the same hissing noise when using HD call audio. Turned it off and it disappears.

However, using HD call audio with head phones or speaker phone has no hissing. It's just if you are using the ear speaker.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Global will eat your battery
Should be on cdma/lte.

I was wondering this myself. Should I have it set to global or cdma/lte? Mine came set to global. What is the difference? I also don't like the sound quality with advanced calling on. It was off by default on mine

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc