When I get texts from Verizon or other businesses that I don't really care about I like to delete them. I can't seem to find any way to delete text threads within 'Messages.' Long holding the sending number does nothing, swiping left or right just allows you to text back or call back and the only menu option I see is called "More" (on the top right of the Messages home page) and this doesn't have a 'select' or 'delete' option.

So for now I'm using Verizon's "Message+" app which does allow for this. Am I missing something in the stock "Messages" app? I can't believe there's not a way to delete unwanted texts.
    04-11-2015 02:53 PM
    Anyone? C'mon...all you texters out there must be able to help out with this.
    04-11-2015 03:34 PM
    Long pressing the conversation works for me. At the top right it then gives you an option to delete. You have to be outside of the conversation looking at all of the conversations.
    04-11-2015 04:31 PM
    Posted this in another thread, but it applies to your question as well. Through the miracle of Copy & Paste I give you....

If you want to delete an entire thread/conversation you click on Messages. When the program launches there's the list of all the convos. Click on MORE in the top right corner, and then click on Edit in the menu when it appears. You can Select All at the top, or select individual convos. Once something is checked/selected, the DELETE option appears in the top right.

You can also do this in any thread/convo. If you open a convo you can click the MORE option in the top right corner. Select Edit in the menu. And select any text that you've sent or received in the convo and delete it.

I wish I could figure out how to add a Signature to texts. Anyone know how?
    04-11-2015 04:40 PM
    Posted this in another thread, but it applies to your question as well. Through the miracle of Copy & Paste I give you....

If you want to delete an entire thread/conversation you click on Messages. When the program launches there's the list of all the convos. Click on MORE in the top right corner, and then click on Edit in the menu when it appears. You can Select All at the top, or select individual convos. Once something is checked/selected, the DELETE option appears in the top right.

You can also do this in any thread/convo. If you open a convo you can click the MORE option in the top right corner. Select Edit in the menu. And select any text that you've sent or received in the convo and delete it.

I wish I could figure out how to add a Signature to texts. Anyone know how?
    OK that worked. Thank you. First I saw that "Edit" was greyed out but that was because I had to make 'Messages' my default messaging app. After that I could click it and delete to my heart's content. To add a signature, from the main page of 'Messages' click more>settings>signature. There's on on/off toggle that you have to toggle to on and then you can compose whatever signature you'd like.

Hope this helps.
    04-11-2015 04:53 PM