04-13-2015 03:00 PM
33 12
tools
    I saw the same thread in the Edge forum so I'm curious why everyone chose the regular S6 over the Edge?.

I'm not sure why I did really. I guess to save a few bucks. But I spent over $800 so a bit more really wouldn't have been that significant. I'm 2nd guessing my decision now but don't want to pay a restocking fee to exchange it.
    04-11-2015 03:50 PM
    I think ppl worried about price and difficulty to find good protector and case.

If you don't tend to drop the phone, edge is better IMHO.
    04-11-2015 03:56 PM
    I think ppl worried about price, absence of good protector and case.

If you don't tend to drop the phone,edge is better IMHO.
    Curious why you think the edge is better.
    04-11-2015 03:58 PM
    Curious why you think the edge is better.
    a slight bigger battery, and the looks.
    04-11-2015 04:00 PM
    Because Samsung got my order mixed up so I decided to just keep the s6 instead of returning it. Doesn't bother me. Loving the s6.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 04:00 PM
    It came down to the in hand feel. The sides of the edge were 'sharp' and would stick in to my hand. The regular felt much much better in hand. That for me plus the price was the deciding factors

Galaxy S6
    04-11-2015 04:02 PM
    Because it was gimmicky on the Note 4 and I think that will carry over.

04-11-2015 04:40 PM
    Best buy messed up my pre order and ordered me the edge but they had some extra s6 black 64s on hand. I don't like it because the 100 dollars more doesn't justify the edge. The software isn't there yet in my opinion to make it really useful. Plus when I held the edge in my hand it didn't feel comfortable. But its a nice phone no doubt.
    04-11-2015 05:20 PM
    The price premium for little extra benefit over the regular S6 was my main factor. Plus the hard to put in case design and quite a few people saying it didn't feel that good in hand kind of reinforced that. I can do without the night clock, news ticker and contact shortcuts to save $100-$150; plus the extra 50mA you get out of the battery is a drop in the bucket, probably less then 60 minutes of extra juice.

It's very nice looking phone, you just have to be willing to pay that extra price for what amounts to 'more pretty'. I'm far to cheap for that
    04-11-2015 05:27 PM
    Gsmarena says both have same battery life!!!
    04-11-2015 05:50 PM
    I bought the edge yesterday at a TMobile store and returned it today for a regular S6. The edge, for me, was to sharp even with a case on. Alot of the time I'm on the phone 30 minutes at a time and I just couldn't see myself holding the edge for that long and not wanting to get rid of it, so I switched. The regular S6 feels like it will be no problem holding without a case but when you hold the edge you know you need a case for it. To each his own and everyone has their own needs.
    04-11-2015 06:26 PM
    I saw the same thread in the Edge forum so I'm curious why everyone chose the regular S6 over the Edge?.

I'm not sure why I did really. I guess to save a few bucks. But I spent over $800 so a bit more really wouldn't have been that significant. I'm 2nd guessing my decision now but don't want to pay a restocking fee to exchange it.
    Edge is gimmicky and has no real use. Not worth the extra money.

04-11-2015 06:35 PM
    Edge is gimmicky and has no real use. Not worth the extra money.

That's not really true. My girlfriend ended up getting the edge because of the form factor which is caused by the edge. For her smaller hands the edges make it easier to use. That "Gimmicky" screen changes the design of the phone which in turn changes things for a user, good or bad it makes the phone unique in a way that most definitely effects the end user in "real world use"....

Posted via Android Central App
    04-11-2015 08:04 PM
    I did not see the need to spend $100 extra for an intentionally distorted screen or less usable screen space. All it took was one look at a video playing on the edge and I was convinced it was a gimmick that would just get in the way of base functionality.
    04-12-2015 06:48 AM
    Didn't feel as good to hold, not worth the extra $100 in my opinion.
    04-12-2015 06:53 AM
    I bought an Edge and will be sending it back to AT&T and ordering a regular S6. It just doesn't feel right, even in a case. Also, it makes the screen a little awkward to use. Everything seems a bit distorted. I think for my use, the regular one is more worth my money. You really don't lose anything that I want, and you get an easier to use phone at less money.
    jschu22 and Zendroid1 like this.
    04-12-2015 07:42 AM
    I didn't want the edge because for the extra $$$ the edge part of the screen should do more than two things. Not worth the cost for those two things.
    04-12-2015 07:50 AM
    I didn't want the edge because for the extra $$$ the edge part of the screen should do more than two things. Not worth the cost for those two things.
    It's great for those who chose the Edge but the edges were simply a virtual extension of the flat display basically for the wow factor and not a true separate functional area of the screen. It is true that notification and messaging is there and the clock as well as new feeds but it didn't justify the cost. The notification and messaging functionality could have been incorporated in the GS6 regular version when the phone is on standby, the LED could flash the color on the notiifcation light on the front or the LED camera flash on the back and the same on screen notiifcations possible. Custom led notification colors is something that I liked from my RIM device days. For the same price as the 32 GB Edge, I got the 64GB GS6. More storage in this case also overrode the novelty factor.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    04-12-2015 08:03 AM
    I chose the S6 because I like flat screens and I don't find the edge features useful for me.
    04-12-2015 09:33 AM
    I have an edge but will be likely returning it for a regular or keeping my note 4. The curved edges lead to a lot of accidental screen presses while surfing the Web, typing or both. Very frustrating!
    04-12-2015 09:38 AM

Personally, I thought it didn't look as good as the simple S6. The sides didn't do anything that made me want to spend more money. Not impressed at all. Happy with my S6.

J
    04-12-2015 09:51 AM
    I actually did choose the Edge at first but came to the realization holding it wasn't worth the cool look of the curved screen. The extra features really dont do much for me either although I do like using the edge clock at night. Might not be much to some but I also prefer typing on the S6.

04-12-2015 11:11 AM
    After holding both numerous times at BB I went with the S6 and the cost savings helped in my decision as well. The "edge" looked cool but I knew the "cool" factor would wear off soon enough and id be stuck with an uncomfortable phone to hold. The regular S6 was more comfy holding, Just my opinion.
    04-12-2015 11:30 AM
    I have an edge but will be likely returning it for a regular or keeping my note 4. The curved edges lead to a lot of accidental screen presses while surfing the Web, typing or both. Very frustrating!
    In that case, I think you should get the s6.
    04-12-2015 11:48 AM
    Even the feel in the hand feels more premium and solid with the GS6 than the Edge. The bezel edges were not sharp but were distinctly there and felt awkward in the hand with the Edge.
    04-12-2015 02:16 PM
33 12