Does anyone know if our how I can change the color for the stock messaging app? I see how to change the bubbles and the background but I don't like the orange banner.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 04:15 PM
    Do you know how to delete texts within the Messages app?
    04-11-2015 04:18 PM
    Do you know how to delete texts within the Messages app?
    PsychDoc...

If you want to delete an entire thread/conversation you click on Messages. When the program launches there's the list of all the convos. Click on MORE in the top right corner, and then click on Edit in the menu when it appears. You can Select All at the top, or select individual convos. Once something is checked/selected, the DELETE option appears in the top right.

You can also do this in any thread/convo. If you open a convo you can click the MORE option in the top right corner. Select Edit in the menu. And select any text that you've sent or received in the convo and delete it.

I wish I could figure out how to add a Signature to texts. Anyone know how?
    04-11-2015 04:34 PM
    Does anyone know if our how I can change the color for the stock messaging app? I see how to change the bubbles and the background but I don't like the orange banner.

Change your theme and it changes the messaging app colors too. Mine is black background with Gray trim and white letters

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 04:41 PM
    PsychDoc...

If you want to delete an entire thread/conversation you click on Messages. When the program launches there's the list of all the convos. Click on MORE in the top right corner, and then click on Edit in the menu when it appears. You can Select All at the top, or select individual convos. Once something is checked/selected, the DELETE option appears in the top right.

You can also do this in any thread/convo. If you open a convo you can click the MORE option in the top right corner. Select Edit in the menu. And select any text that you've sent or received in the convo and delete it.

I wish I could figure out how to add a Signature to texts. Anyone know how?
    OK that worked. Thank you. First I saw that "Edit" was greyed out but that was because I had to make 'Messages' my default messaging app. After that I could click it and delete to my heart's content. To add a signature, from the main page of 'Messages' click more>settings>signature. There's on on/off toggle that you have to toggle to on and then you can compose whatever signature you'd like.

Hope this helps.
    04-11-2015 04:51 PM
    Long pressing the conversations on the front list should also allow you to delete them as well. If that's not working for you then it could be another issue altogether. Something to consider.

04-11-2015 04:54 PM
    OK that worked. Thank you. First I saw that "Edit" was greyed out but that was because I had to make 'Messages' my default messaging app. After that I could click it and delete to my heart's content. To add a signature, from the main page of 'Messages' click more>settings>signature. There's on on/off toggle that you have to toggle to on and then you can compose whatever signature you'd like.

Hope this helps.
    Weird. I have no option to add a signature. I go to messages>more>settings and I have Enhanced Messaging, Notifications, Backgrounds and Bubbles, Quick Responses, Spam Filters, More Settings, and Emergency Alerts. No signature options at all. If I click on More Settings theres more options for Text Messages, Multimedia Messages, and Delete Old Messages, but nothing to add a sig in any of those either.

Can't for the life of me figure out why.
    04-11-2015 05:00 PM
    I hope they add more themes. Most of what I see is more appropriate for pre teen girls.

Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2015 07:59 PM
    Weird. I have no option to add a signature. I go to messages>more>settings and I have Enhanced Messaging, Notifications, Backgrounds and Bubbles, Quick Responses, Spam Filters, More Settings, and Emergency Alerts. No signature options at all. If I click on More Settings theres more options for Text Messages, Multimedia Messages, and Delete Old Messages, but nothing to add a sig in any of those either.

Can't for the life of me figure out why.
    What carrier are you with? I'm on Verizon. I suspect that may be the issue.
    04-11-2015 09:24 PM
    What carrier are you with? I'm on Verizon. I suspect that may be the issue.
    I'm with Sprint. No idea why they would disable the signature feature. It was there on my S4, and my Brother's S5. I honestly think I may go back and look into an HTC One M9 and trade this thing if the HTC allows signatures. Insane I know. But something little like that really matters to some people lol.
    04-11-2015 10:25 PM

I couldn't stand it either so I switched back to Textra which you can make it any color you like. You can even personalize some parts of individual conversations.
    04-12-2015 09:06 AM