S6 v Note 5

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is why I am holding on to my beloved Note 4, and, just upgraded my husband to an N4 as well......skipping the Note 5 for sure for reasons you mention and I am just addicted to the Spen.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
From my experience, the Note 5 is much better than the S6...the battery was my main reason for switching and I have not been disappointed at all... It's also much faster as well... I'm a first time Note user and I love the S-Pen

uploadfromtaptalk1440826199180.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1440826211084.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
From my experience, the Note 5 is much better than the S6...the battery was my main reason for switching and I have not been disappointed at all... It's also much faster as well... I'm a first time Note user and I love the S-Pen

View attachment 193783
View attachment 193784

These results aren't much different to what I get on my S6. Maybe about only half an hours difference. I usually average around 5-6 hours screen on time and even last week had 18 hours off the charger before I needed to recharge it. The note series is just too big for me. I have noticed since I got my s6 I am using my six plus less and less because the S6 is just so much more comfortable for me to use

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
These results aren't much different to what I get on my S6. Maybe about only half an hours difference. I usually average around 5-6 hours screen on time and even last week had 18 hours off the charger before I needed to recharge it. The note series is just too big for me. I have noticed since I got my s6 I am using my six plus less and less because the S6 is just so much more comfortable for me to use
Idk what happened with my S6...first I was averaging 5-6 but then it dropped to an average of 3-3.5 hours...this phone I always average 6+ hours... Samsung really improved the battery on this... And yeah i first thought the Note series was big, but I think I got used to It pretty quick... The Note 5 doesn't even feel as big really, but the bezels are pretty small so it makes it look big... I don't think Id go bigger than this though

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Idk what happened with my S6...first I was averaging 5-6 but then it dropped to an average of 3-3.5 hours...this phone I always average 6+ hours... Samsung really improved the battery on this... And yeah i first thought the Note series was big, but I think I got used to It pretty quick... The Note 5 doesn't even feel as big really, but the bezels are pretty small so it makes it look big... I don't think Id go bigger than this though

I hope Samsung put a better battery into the S7 as it's my only gripe with the phone. I even love Touchwiz lol. I do have greenify and Doze on my phone which make a significant difference to standby time

suthern_man

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually considering sidestepping over to the N4. I'm just going to have to see what's available within my budget that has the most reliable features I use the most.

suthern_man

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Also, to opt for the 64 GB version of either device is an additional $150 out of pocket, something I just cannot justify right now. On top of that, how much of that 64 gigs is claimed by the OS? My S4 is the 16 GB model and, as I recall, 1/4 (or more) is the OS. I have ~2 GB on my phone and less than 5 GB remaining on a 64 GB SD card.

Cloud storage is all well and good until I'm no longer on WiFi and consuming my data limit. Stepping up my data plan adds more money every month to the party.

Just in case I haven't sufficiently made my point, I'm extremely unhappy with Samsung's design team and the jagoffs who approved this storage (or lack thereof) SNAFU.

From what I've seen, I don't have many options as far as devices that excel at the services I most often use.

Then to make matters even worse, the Bills released Fred Jackson today. Yeah, he's 34 years old but, for the last 6+ years, he has been *the* leader and the heart and soul of the team