So about this S6

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Other than it being redesigned, I'm Not impressed with it. Which is a bummer because I was rather excited for it. I pick it up to use it and it's just "meh" , for lack of a better word. Anyone else feel this way? Still feels like another old Samsung device. Don't get me wrong, I love the design but other than that I just don't think it's for me, I'll give it a few more days but I'll most likely be returning it.

Posted via the Android Central App

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Other than it being redesigned, I'm Not impressed with it. Which is a bummer because I was rather excited for it. I pick it up to use it and it's just "meh" , for lack of a better word. Anyone else feel this way? Still feels like another old Samsung device. Don't get me wrong, I love the design but other than that I just don't think it's for me, I'll give it a few more days but I'll most likely be returning it.

I love it. I had the note 4 and it was not as quick and snappy as this one. I have an iPhone 6 and this reminds me of a cross between an iPhone and a samsung.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I love it. I had the note 4 and it was not as quick and snappy as this one. I have an iPhone 6 and this reminds me of a cross between an iPhone and a samsung.

I just feel like I'm using my old S5 at times. I like my M8 much better. Have had pretty good battery life though!

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Loves mines in gold not sure what you guys where expecting .a completely different phone ....not its a samsung galaxy done right it's a keeper right alone with my note edge

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

So you had 3 weeks to play with the phone in best buy before you got it now you've had it two days and already want to return it seems like a waste .now it's used

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm all about the s6. Great device! I had an s3 before and this thing is crazy better than that and I loved the s3.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
To each his own, but I owned the M8 and I'm enjoying the S6 far more at this point. Better screen, far better camera, and more manageable with one hand even though it has a slightly larger screen. Of course it's going to feel like using an S5 to a certain extent because it's a Samsung phone. It's not going to be a completely different experience (like going from an M7 to M8 to M9...mostly the same experience with incremental improvements. Same can be said about the iPhone).

Besides, the S5 was by no means a bad phone - it had the best screen and camera of any phone when it came out, but the design and TouchWiz left a lot to be desired. The S6 is a huge improvement in nearly every way and, IMO, is probably the most complete Android phone available right now.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is my first Samsung since and old flip phone from around 15 years ago. So my expectations are high but if I'm disappointed there's always the return within the 14. Looking forward to getting back into android also as my last android device was running "gingerbread" Yup. :p
Hope it's gotten loads better. And............
From what I've seen so far at BB for the past few days(that rep surely got tired of seeing me)I don't think it will be disappointing at all. Arrives in a couple more days. :)

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So you had 3 weeks to play with the phone in best buy before you got it now you've had it two days and already want to return it seems like a waste .now it's used

And your point is? I loved it in the store, only got to use it a few times. I didn't dedicate every single day to stay at best buy to play with the phone. Now that I've got the device it just seems mediocre to me. Opinions change on things, can't help that

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is my first Samsung since and old flip phone from around 15 years ago. So my expectations are high but if I'm disappointed there's always the return within the 14. Looking forward to getting back into android also as my last android device was running "gingerbread" Yup. :p
Hope it's gotten loads better. And............
From what I've seen so far at BB for the past few days(that rep surely got tired of seeing me)I don't think it will be disappointing at all. Arrives in a couple more days. :)

Oh, Android is fantastic now(was before) but it's just great. The S6 is great. I haven't returned it yet. Love the camera on it. I hope you enjoy it!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
To each his own, but I owned the M8 and I'm enjoying the S6 far more at this point. Better screen, far better camera, and more manageable with one hand even though it has a slightly larger screen. Of course it's going to feel like using an S5 to a certain extent because it's a Samsung phone. It's not going to be a completely different experience (like going from an M7 to M8 to M9...mostly the same experience with incremental improvements. Same can be said about the iPhone).

Besides, the S5 was by no means a bad phone - it had the best screen and camera of any phone when it came out, but the design and TouchWiz left a lot to be desired. The S6 is a huge improvement in nearly every way and, IMO, is probably the most complete Android phone available right now.

I guess I'm in the majority here bit I've never had a problem one handing the M8 haha. I don't have big hands at all but it's never been a problem. I think It might be amoled screens. Not a huge fan of them anymore

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely, definitely not a mediocre phone by any means at all.

Powerful processor
Streamlined Touchwiz which is faster and more beautiful than ever
DDR4 RAM
Both wireless charging methods
The best camera in the industry
Great build quality
Very fast performance
Samsung pay (when it launches) will be awesome.

So many more things.

This is objectively the best smartphone on the market specs wise and to me, it is the best one out by a mile.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
People ultimately fail to realize that a phone is just a phone. Not a world changer. They expect a certain device to bring them complete happiness and no device will ever do that. Happiness comes with being content with what you have, not just by having the latest and greatest which in the Android world will only last a few months anyways.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
People ultimately fail to realize that a phone is just a phone. Not a world changer. They expect a certain device to bring them complete happiness and no device will ever do that. Happiness comes with being content with what you have, not just by having the latest and greatest which in the Android world will only last a few months anyways.

Preach it....right on.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh, Android is fantastic now(was before) but it's just great. The S6 is great. I haven't returned it yet. Love the camera on it. I hope you enjoy it!

It does what its supposed to do:
Fast: check
Last at least 8 hours without charge: check
Take great pictures: check
Option of wireless charging: check
What more do you want?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. Couldn't have put it better.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
And your point is? I loved it in the store, only got to use it a few times. I didn't dedicate every single day to stay at best buy to play with the phone. Now that I've got the device it just seems mediocre to me. Opinions change on things, can't help that

Hey, I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes to want a significant change when upgrading phones, and you're probably not seeing that going from an S5 to S6. That's probably the reason why I upgraded from an HTC One M7 to the S6 instead of the HTC M9.... Wanted something different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20