Samsung Galaxy S6 Auto brightness shuts itself off

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I switched a wrong setting somewhere or if anyone else is experiencing this, but my auto brightness keeps turning off by itself. Driving me mad!

Galaxy S6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Auto brightness shuts itself off

Toggle it off when indoors? Haven't had this issue but auto brightness looks a little weird indoors. On AT&T. Maybe a device reset?

hysonmb

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

This just started happening to me a last night and I've had the phone for a week now. The only differences were that I enabled S Voice (previously disabled it) and installed Samsung Car Mode yesterday. I don't like the Car Mode so I uninstalled that and disabled S Voice again this morning, auto brightness has stuck all day.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

This just started happening to me a last night and I've had the phone for a week now. The only differences were that I enabled S Voice (previously disabled it) and installed Samsung Car Mode yesterday. I don't like the Car Mode so I uninstalled that and disabled S Voice again this morning, auto brightness has stuck all day.
Gonna give that a shot, since I meet both those criteria

Galaxy S6

ppgorman

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I uninstalled car mode right after I posted and so far so good. Really stinks that a feature I use may be causing the issue.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Twice now I've noticed Auto was unchecked. Odd to say the least. No car mode here.

musicmanrdu

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. Haven't tried uninstalling car mode yet. But I use that a lot so I guess I'll have to live with it. Ugh. I hope they fix this.

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem here and I've installed car mode. I'm gonna uninstall it now and see if that fixes it for me.

Cheers for the tip!

TPinkham

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. Very annoying when walking into light. Have turned on the Car Mode, but don't use it much. Will try suggestions here.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
any new update on this issue i'm also having this issue on my Tmobile GS6 Edge. Driving me crazy. For example this morning i woke up it was pretty dark so i turned it on while I laid in bed reading news, then 2 minutes after enabling it, it turns off and screen went to full brightness. But I notice it happens at random times. Just wont stay on.