05-23-2018 06:42 AM
734 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Yeah, it's sad when people come to this forums and use its resources complaining and not paying it forward when somebody give them ideas and suggestions to fix their issues.

I don't understand why some prefer to keep complaining instead of simply try some suggestions given to them and simply post back if it works or not, that way others with similar issues can benefit from it and not act like selfish pricks.
    Yes yes! Thank you. I just got off the "S6 Annoyances" and "S6 Issues" threads. This is a refreshing thread with actual positive ideas.
    05-28-2015 03:03 AM
    That looks very nice even when the Email Sync is obviously too high on that list, it seems that your Email App is keeping awake your device a lot, are you retrieving emails very frequently? Have you tried using Push emails instead (if possible)?

I was going to ask you if you were using power saving mode as it seems way too good for normal usage, then I looked again at the screenshot and saw it was on. What is your average when not using the power saving mode? I'm just curious.

Anyways, I'm glad you are having that great battery life, is such a treat when something runs as expected or even better than that, good job.
    Yes I realized my email wad high so I fixed it. This is my new chart. I'm not sure what I would get without power saving I'll check it out next.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2900.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2901.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2902.jpg  
    05-30-2015 01:03 PM
    Yes I realized my email wad high so I fixed it. This is my new chart. I'm not sure what I would get without power saving I'll check it out next.

What do you use on here? Is this after games/videos/stuff like that or just basic usage?

05-30-2015 02:08 PM
    What do you use on here? Is this after games/videos/stuff like that or just basic usage?

Is basic usage with maybe 45 minutes of YouTube plus online videos on different apps, maybe 20 minutes of trivia crack a lot of facebook my sync is all on in stuff I need etc

05-30-2015 02:41 PM
    Can you download gsam battery monitor? I want to see those stats.

I posted the pics of my battery usage

05-30-2015 02:41 PM
    I have noticed this as well to whomever cares for the information, I noticed that when you use the wireless charging for the s6 edge it doesn't hold a charge as good as the fast charging does maybe it's just me but that's what I noticed

05-30-2015 02:54 PM
    I have noticed this as well to whomever cares for the information, I noticed that when you use the wireless charging for the s6 edge it doesn't hold a charge as good as the fast charging does maybe it's just me but that's what I noticed

Do you mean it doesn't charge as fast? Or do you feel that it drains faster after a charge with wireless vs wired?

05-30-2015 03:29 PM
    Do you mean it doesn't charge as fast? Or do you feel that it drains faster after a charge with wireless vs wired?

It drains faster after a wireless charge then a wired adaptive fast charging

05-30-2015 04:13 PM

It's all in your mind. Electrons are electrons. Simply not possible.
    05-30-2015 04:17 PM
    It's all in your mind. Electrons are electrons. Simply not possible.
    You could say that but I've done test doing the same thing on each charge for each and it lasted a whole 2.5 hours of screen on time less but who knows just thought I share

05-30-2015 04:41 PM
    Yes I know that but what I mean is that it's on and it's ready to be activated at the specific percentage so it may be in used already on that screenshot and looking at that SoT it seems it is.

But yes, the only one that can answer that is him, anyways, great battery life, if it was using any Power saving mode doesn't matter, what really matters is that it's giving him better than expected battery life, what else can we ask for?
    Yes i had it triggered at immediately

05-30-2015 04:47 PM
    That looks very nice even when the Email Sync is obviously too high on that list, it seems that your Email App is keeping awake your device a lot, are you retrieving emails very frequently? Have you tried using Push emails instead (if possible)?

I was going to ask you if you were using power saving mode as it seems way too good for normal usage, then I looked again at the screenshot and saw it was on. What is your average when not using the power saving mode? I'm just curious.

Anyways, I'm glad you are having that great battery life, is such a treat when something runs as expected or even better than that, good job.
    I've turned power saving mode off on this last charge and it does run out faster before I was losing anywhere from 4 to 5 precent per 1 hour screen on time and now about 6 to 7.

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2903.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2904.jpg  
    05-30-2015 04:51 PM
    Is basic usage with maybe 45 minutes of YouTube plus online videos on different apps, maybe 20 minutes of trivia crack a lot of facebook my sync is all on in stuff I need etc

Oh mine I usually have a lot of games and YouTube videos, and get 5 to 6 hours of screen time.

05-30-2015 09:51 PM
    Oh mine I usually have a lot of games and YouTube videos, and get 5 to 6 hours of screen time.

That's good battery life.

05-30-2015 11:23 PM

This is my full usage with power mode off. Now in going to run a test with my WiFi on with power mode on to see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2967.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2968.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2969.jpg  
    05-31-2015 07:42 PM
    This is my full usage with power mode off. Now in going to run a test with my WiFi on with power mode on to see what happens.

Looks great and if you were not using Power saving then that's almost tablet like performance.

If you can, and for the benefit of others please detail the usage on this stats, videos, Streaming, gaming, etc...

Thanks for sharing.
    SlamTheDoor likes this.
    05-31-2015 07:50 PM
    Looks great and if you were not using Power saving then that's almost tablet like performance.

If you can, and for the benefit of others please detail the usage on this stats, videos, Streaming, gaming, etc...

Thanks for sharing.
    Usage is Internet about 30 minutes, videos from various apps maybe 20-25 minutes, sync on for what I use contacts calendar email when needed, Google app maybe 15 minutes, gaming only 10 minute's of trivia crack. Other then that just basic usage

05-31-2015 08:56 PM
    I posted the pics of my battery usage

Gsam goes into more depth

06-01-2015 02:42 AM
    Gsam goes into more depth

I realize that but when I tried when you tod me my battery went down dramatically I'm guessing the battery app had sobering to do with it. All I could say is listen to this guys thread and steps it improved my battery life dramatically, I did a wipe cache partition after I drained my battery to reset it and restarted my device and then went step by step to get rid of and turn off certain stuff I never used and I went from 4-5 hours of sot to 6.5-7.5 with 35-40 percent battery left who knows what i get if I would let my battery drain. Now I'm not a heavy user by no means but do heavy stuff here and there. I'm going to test WiFi on and nonstop youtube and or video watching soon to see what I get which probably won't be much hopefully at least 4-5 hours of sot. Which I think would be great cause no one will watch that much video straight regardless and if they do they would have a charger on hand cause there most likely at home. But any who my battery been fantastic, plus I'm have the aukey quick charge battery pack coming in the mail Tuesday so the battery will never be a problem. At home samsung adaptive fast charging home charger, in the car samsung fast charging car charger, and soon at work aukey quick charge portable battery with the aukey quick charger for the portable battery pack. Life is good with this smooth fast s6 edge, long battery, great camera, excellent display, beautiful phone and just plain smooth. For those who got bad batches I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the best phone to date.

06-01-2015 03:29 AM

Thanks for sharing.
    Here are my WiFi on with power mode on, note- I have my WiFi set to turning off when the screen is off then turning on automatically when screen is on.

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2997.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2998.jpg   Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-2999.jpg  
    06-01-2015 03:33 AM
    Do a Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode, then put it to charge to 100%. Are you using a 5ghz or 2.4 ghz wifi connection? If you have a 5ghz connection and doing the Wipe cache doesn't help, then try removing the 5ghz connection and connect to the 2.4 ghz one.
    OK, I just found out the 2 ghz connection used 35%. I tried a 5ghz connection and that used about 50%.

06-01-2015 10:41 AM
    Thank you so much for the tips. I joined this forum solely to figure out the battery issue. I love the phone but the battery life has been a little annoying as of late. I just did many of the things mentioned in the OP, so hopefully this will help.
    06-01-2015 05:32 PM
    This is about the average amount of power I get. I love the phone but I seriously HATE this battery life!

Attached Thumbnails Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge-4724.jpg  
    06-01-2015 08:20 PM
    This is about the average amount of power I get. I love the phone but I seriously HATE this battery life!

Who do you have for a provider?
    06-01-2015 08:41 PM
    Verizon

clintw22 likes this.
    06-01-2015 08:56 PM
734 ... 89101112 ...