Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
This is what happens when you take advice from the person who created this forum. I don't key my battery go past 40 precent but last charge I was at 43 percent with 13 hours of total use and 5 hours and 20 minutes of screen on time which would equal roughly 23-24 hours of total use and 9 hours plus of screen on time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2797.jpg
    2797.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 2798.jpg
    2798.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2799.jpg
    2799.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 99

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is what happens when you take advice from the person who created this forum. I don't key my battery go past 40 precent but last charge I was at 43 percent with 13 hours of total use and 5 hours and 20 minutes of screen on time which would equal roughly 23-24 hours of total use and 9 hours plus of screen on time.

That looks very nice even when the Email Sync is obviously too high on that list, it seems that your Email App is keeping awake your device a lot, are you retrieving emails very frequently? Have you tried using Push emails instead (if possible)?

I was going to ask you if you were using power saving mode as it seems way too good for normal usage, then I looked again at the screenshot and saw it was on. What is your average when not using the power saving mode? I'm just curious.

Anyways, I'm glad you are having that great battery life, is such a treat when something runs as expected or even better than that, good job.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The toggle for power saving doesn't necessarily mean it is active. He could just have a trigger to go into power saving when battery hits a certain level. I do that with a trigger of 15%

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The toggle for power saving doesn't necessarily mean it is active. He could just have a trigger to go into power saving when battery hits a certain level. I do that with a trigger of 15%

Yes I know that but what I mean is that it's on and it's ready to be activated at the specific percentage so it may be in used already on that screenshot and looking at that SoT it seems it is.

But yes, the only one that can answer that is him, anyways, great battery life, if it was using any Power saving mode doesn't matter, what really matters is that it's giving him better than expected battery life, what else can we ask for?

anon(9409134)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Can you download gsam battery monitor? I want to see those stats.

jerryrip

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adjustments, tips ans tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge

Yeah, it's sad when people come to this forums and use its resources complaining and not paying it forward when somebody give them ideas and suggestions to fix their issues.

I don't understand why some prefer to keep complaining instead of simply try some suggestions given to them and simply post back if it works or not, that way others with similar issues can benefit from it and not act like selfish pricks.

Yes yes! Thank you. I just got off the "S6 Annoyances" and "S6 Issues" threads. This is a refreshing thread with actual positive ideas.

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
That looks very nice even when the Email Sync is obviously too high on that list, it seems that your Email App is keeping awake your device a lot, are you retrieving emails very frequently? Have you tried using Push emails instead (if possible)?

I was going to ask you if you were using power saving mode as it seems way too good for normal usage, then I looked again at the screenshot and saw it was on. What is your average when not using the power saving mode? I'm just curious.

Anyways, I'm glad you are having that great battery life, is such a treat when something runs as expected or even better than that, good job.

Yes I realized my email wad high so I fixed it. This is my new chart. I'm not sure what I would get without power saving I'll check it out next.

Attachments

• 2900.jpg
    2900.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 2901.jpg
    2901.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 2902.jpg
    2902.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 179

anon(9409134)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes I realized my email wad high so I fixed it. This is my new chart. I'm not sure what I would get without power saving I'll check it out next.

What do you use on here? Is this after games/videos/stuff like that or just basic usage?

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What do you use on here? Is this after games/videos/stuff like that or just basic usage?

Is basic usage with maybe 45 minutes of YouTube plus online videos on different apps, maybe 20 minutes of trivia crack a lot of facebook my sync is all on in stuff I need etc

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed this as well to whomever cares for the information, I noticed that when you use the wireless charging for the s6 edge it doesn't hold a charge as good as the fast charging does maybe it's just me but that's what I noticed

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well to whomever cares for the information, I noticed that when you use the wireless charging for the s6 edge it doesn't hold a charge as good as the fast charging does maybe it's just me but that's what I noticed

Do you mean it doesn't charge as fast? Or do you feel that it drains faster after a charge with wireless vs wired?

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

It's all in your mind. Electrons are electrons. Simply not possible.

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know that but what I mean is that it's on and it's ready to be activated at the specific percentage so it may be in used already on that screenshot and looking at that SoT it seems it is.

But yes, the only one that can answer that is him, anyways, great battery life, if it was using any Power saving mode doesn't matter, what really matters is that it's giving him better than expected battery life, what else can we ask for?

Yes i had it triggered at immediately

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

I've turned power saving mode off on this last charge and it does run out faster before I was losing anywhere from 4 to 5 precent per 1 hour screen on time and now about 6 to 7.

Attachments

• 2903.jpg
    2903.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 2904.jpg
    2904.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 163

anon(9409134)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Is basic usage with maybe 45 minutes of YouTube plus online videos on different apps, maybe 20 minutes of trivia crack a lot of facebook my sync is all on in stuff I need etc

Oh mine I usually have a lot of games and YouTube videos, and get 5 to 6 hours of screen time.

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

This is my full usage with power mode off. Now in going to run a test with my WiFi on with power mode on to see what happens.

Attachments

• 2967.jpg
    2967.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 149
  • 2968.jpg
    2968.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 2969.jpg
    2969.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 148

Trending Posts