Verizon bloat

mclark1242

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or did it seem like the Verizon variant had less bloat than every other carrier. All I had on my phone was the Verizon apps, no Microsoft, no anti virus. I had very few Samsung apps. I did uninstall the two games but overall it was alot less than I expected.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, very little bloat on this thing, and the ease of disabling or uninstalling apps through the touchwiz app drawer is fantastic.

I was a little surprised, and kinda disappointed that the Microsoft apps weren't there, only b/c I wanted the free OneDrive storage.

Overall, I'm very impressed by the lack of bloat from Verizon and Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

Animusorexis

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Nice of Verizon? It's fail, if the best you can do is disable but not uninstall. Especially if you don't know to disable DT ignite since again you cannot uninstall it pushes apps to the phone after it's activated like ANT+ for instance. The Windows phone I just dropped for the better hardware on the S6 Edge I was able uninstall not just disable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or did it seem like the Verizon variant had less bloat than every other carrier. All I had on my phone was the Verizon apps, no Microsoft, no anti virus. I had very few Samsung apps. I did uninstall the two games but overall it was alot less than I expected.

In the trade off though while we may of had the Microsoft ones we had less carrier based ones (I am on T-Mobile).

So it's pretty much the same.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting some notification to opt in to the Verizon store experience, or some nonsense like that. I've disabled everything else I can, how do I disable that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Nice of Verizon? It's fail, if the best you can do is disable but not uninstall. Especially if you don't know to disable DT ignite since again you cannot uninstall it pushes apps to the phone after it's activated like ANT+ for instance. The Windows phone I just dropped for the better hardware on the S6 Edge I was able uninstall not just disable.
The pre installed apps are in a separate partition on the hard disk. Wouldn't free up usable space if you could uninstall anyways

Galaxy S6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma