Smart Manager Utility

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has disabled access to it....its there on the phone (you can see it in Application Manager), but not accessible, atleast for AT&T variants...I can't tell you about the other carriers

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T there is the AT&T Usage Manager app, which is the one AT&T app you can't disable, and maybe that does some of the things Smart Manager does? I haven't opened it and refuse to do so, I don't need AT&T's poorly optimized crapware eating though battery, so I'm not 100% sure if it's just data usage it monitors or it is something similes to Smart Manager.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Why dont they want us to use it?

I actually messed around with some of their bloat apps just for kicks for a second but they included some nonsense called 'Usage Manager.' This app is a half-a** attempt that shows Battery, Active Apps, Connections info and data usage.

Looks like they chose to remove that nice app samsung included in place of their in-house option. I hate AT&T.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hate how much ever your want, no ****s given by the useless carriers and continue to crap up and do whatever the hell we want.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its funny this Smart Manager app is total bloat, you don't want it. Its CleanMaster. I'm glad ATT actually removed it altogether.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
While not the best for AT&T users, having Usage Manager is better than not having it. At a loss for not making it available and leaving it up to the customer to decide to use it or disable it.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
While not the best for AT&T users, having Usage Manager is better than not having it. At a loss for not making it available and leaving it up to the customer to decide to use it or disable it.

How is bloatware that does nothing but take up space on our phone better then an app that takes up space on our phone and actually does something?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Clean Master was actually a pretty good app. It made my Z3 faster everytime I ran it

Honestly, but did you really need it?

Clean Master has to be the most downloaded peice of garbage that is brainwashing countless users into thinking that their phone is slow or hot and you must clean all of your cashe files or your phone is going to explode!

Here is a good read.....
http://www.androidcentral.com/some-samsungs-galaxy-s6-software-sends-mixed-message-about-performance

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, but did you really need it?

Clean Master has to be the most downloaded peice of garbage that is brainwashing countless users into thinking that their phone is slow or hot and you must clean all of your cashe files or your phone is going to explode!

Here is a good read.....
Some of Samsung's Galaxy S6 software sends a mixed message about performance | Android Central

The only thing I really used Clean Master for was the junk files. I personally get an uneasy feeling knowing there are junk files on my phone taking up valuable space. Just like on a PC, its good to clean out the temporary files in the "Temp" folder, otherwise it will slow your computer down.

Clean Master had other features that seemed to be BS, such as the cooling device feature. I thought the "Game Boost" feature worked well though.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I really used Clean Master for was the junk files. I personally get an uneasy feeling knowing there are junk files on my phone taking up valuable space. Just like on a PC, its good to clean out the temporary files in the "Temp" folder, otherwise it will slow your computer down.

Clean Master had other features that seemed to be BS, such as the cooling device feature. I thought the "Game Boost" feature worked well though.

Do you still use it?