I absolutely HATE browsers that don't do 'text reflow' (explained here: ). After a great deal of experimenting with different browsers I found only two that do this well or reliably, Dolphin and Opera. Of the two, Dolphin was the better choice as pinching and zooming was much more fluid and quick than on Opera. So all was well. Until the S6, at least. Now Dolphin seems to be very buggy and it crashes with almost every web search or URL I put in it. Tried Opera and it's still kind of slow and non-fluid in its response to pinching/zooming.

What browsers are you guys using and do they do text reflow or does a quick double tap resize a webpage to reliably fit the screen?
    04-12-2015 06:51 AM
    I already started a thread about the problems with Dolphin on the S6. I've used Dolphin for a long time on a lot of different phones and never had a problem until I got this S6 on Friday.

Right now I'm using Firefox and not liking it. I sent an email to Dolphin yesterday about the issue but I don't expect that it will get read until at least tomorrow (Monday). You might doing the same so that they have more than just one email about this and maybe they will get to fixing this sooner rather than later.
    04-12-2015 09:58 AM
    I already started a thread about the problems with Dolphin on the S6. I've used Dolphin for a long time on a lot of different phones and never had a problem until I got this S6 on Friday.

Right now I'm using Firefox and not liking it. I sent an email to Dolphin yesterday about the issue but I don't expect that it will get read until at least tomorrow (Monday). You might doing the same so that they have more than just one email about this and maybe they will get to fixing this sooner rather than later.
    Same here. For some reason Dolphin and the S6 don't get along at all. I'm using Chrome until the issue is fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy S6
    04-12-2015 10:02 AM

What about Firefox that you dislike? See if I can help.

BTW, Firefox has many addons that helps improving its function. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/

The one I highly recommend is black background https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and...xt/?src=search this one turns website background into black. This obviously help the battery situation greatly.
    racedog likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:24 AM

Happy to hear I'm not alone here. I emailed them as well. Hopefully one or both of us will get a response and they'll address whatever is causing this incompatibility with the S6. I really love Dolphin and hope to be able to get back to it.
    04-12-2015 10:38 AM

BTW, Firefox has many addons that helps improving its function. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/

The one I highly recommend is black background https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and...xt/?src=search this one turns website background into black. This obviously help the battery situation greatly.
    I'm more then willing to try it out, but does it have a text reflow add on? Because I can't find it if it does.

________

Don't worrie OP, I'm emailing Dolphin browser shortly as I needs me some text reflow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 10:48 AM

Don't worrie OP, I'm emailing Dolphin browser shortly as I needs me some text reflow.

Thank you. I think the more emails they get about this the greater the chance of a speedy resolution.
    04-12-2015 11:06 AM
    I'm more then willing to try it out, but does it have a text reflow add on? Because I can't find it if it does.
    it used to in the setting. It is still in the hidden pref. I tested it, but couldn't find a webpage to try, can you show a link to a webpage that this is useful so I can try out?

btw, for smooth textflow upon pinch and zoom, try Opera Classic.
    04-12-2015 12:21 PM

In Dolphin I have it set to go to the speed dial page and I have my favorites setup in there. When done I can just hit the X at the top and it goes right back to the speed dial page and I can close the app by just hitting the back button twice. The next time I open it it goes right to the speed dial page again. With Firefox I can't find a way to shut down the app. I can hit the home button but that just puts it to the background and the next time I open it it goes to the last page I was on - hate that!

Thanks for the links to the addons, I'll check those out. I already have a black wallpaper to save battery drain and because I like the black wallpaper, so having the browser the same way is a win-win for me.
    04-12-2015 12:32 PM
    In Dolphin I have it set to go to the speed dial page and I have my favorites setup in there. When done I can just hit the X at the top and it goes right back to the speed dial page and I can close the app by just hitting the back button twice. The next time I open it it goes right to the speed dial page again. With Firefox I can't find a way to shut down the app. I can hit the home button but that just puts it to the background and the next time I open it it goes to the last page I was on - hate that!

Thanks for the links to the addons, I'll check those out. I already have a black wallpaper to save battery drain and because I like the black wallpaper, so having the browser the same way is a win-win for me.
    true, it was widely panned when mozilla removed the quit button and claimed this is to conform the android behavior.

Fortunately, addon was created to fix this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and...ow/?src=search , still need to tap menu icon and then tap quit, but definitely needed.

You can also use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and...es/?src=search to set up a gesture for quitting the app.
    racedog likes this.
    04-12-2015 12:48 PM
    it used to in the setting. It is still in the hidden pref. I tested it, but couldn't find a webpage to try, can you show a link to a webpage that this is useful so I can try out?

btw, for smooth textflow upon pinch and zoom, try Opera Classic.
    Yeah, I don't see a setting for text reflow with Firefox.
    It zooms fine, but no reflow.

04-12-2015 01:19 PM
    Yeah, I don't see a setting for text reflow with Firefox.
    It zooms fine, but no reflow.

Firefox and Chrome don't do text reflow. In fact, as far as I know only Opera and Dolphin do this. I have no idea why every browser designed doesn't do this natively. It was nad is an absolutely essential feature of a browser in my opinion.
    04-12-2015 01:29 PM
    Firefox and Chrome don't do text reflow. In fact, as far as I know only Opera and Dolphin do this. I have no idea why every browser designed doesn't do this natively. It was nad is an absolutely essential feature of a browser in my opinion.
    I must have misunderstood. But while Dolphin is buged, I just tried Opera and it works great and text reflow works awesome.
    And yeah, I think that most browsers don't reflow anymore is because Google wants more websites to be mobile friendly

A big thanks to you and everyone else.

04-12-2015 01:46 PM
    I must have misunderstood. But while Dolphin is buged, I just tried Opera and it works great and text reflow works awesome.
    And yeah, I think that most browsers don't reflow anymore is because Google wants more websites to be mobile friendly

A big thanks to you and everyone else.

Hopefully the developers over at Dolphin will fix this issue soon and we'll be back to normal. I've used Dolphin and Opera extensively and I vastly prefer Dolphin as I find its implementation of pinch/zoom to be smoother and faster. Its text reflow feature, however, is superb...perhaps even a bit better than Dolphin's.
    04-12-2015 02:12 PM