How do I add new notification sounds to my Galaxy S6?

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: how to add new notification sounds to galaxy s6

Yeah I can't get my Gmail sound to stay. I have it set for custom and it keeps using the default verizion sound. And I also don't get the little gmail counter numbers that I used to on my note 3

posted from my new fangled S6

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

This doesn't work for me on the S6. Mp3s I add don't show up in the list of notification sound options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you try rebooting after adding the mp3 files?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the link to that article. To make things easier I used ES File Explorer so I could grab the ringtones and notifications I put on the phone and use them. After restarting the phone they now appear in the list along with the system sounds.

racefan25

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

just download files MP3 you want then go to ringtones and click add new one and choose the new sound that gets it in phone files. Then change ringtone back to original. After wards go into files folder app and find the download folder look for sound and click more and use move file or copy file. select file and transfer it to notifications folder and you are done . It will be there for facebook or whatever notification you want to use it for. I have done this to get the whistle in my S6. Quite easy once you do it once

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site

I have noticed that my custom sounds are not staying set on my S6 either. I try to set a tweet sound for Twitter and it will not keep the sound I choose it keeps defaulting to the Default Sound on my phone. It's very annoying.

christenskg

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I have been having the same problem with Twitter on my edge, and on my wife's regular 6. I set the notification sound I use for Twitter back out and go back in to the setting screen and it is still set to the default sound.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I know it works fine on my old Droid Turbo so I am not sure if it would be a Twitter problem or Samsung but it's definitely:( an issue :-(

Young Hawk

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Try this, Go into Apps>my files>.Audio. select the song you want as a notification> select More>edit>move- and then move the file to Device storage>Notifications> should allow the song to show in the correct location Hope it works..

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I did try to do this as well and Twitter still will NOT use the sound I choose it only will use the default sound. It's getting annoying.

debbieparker

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
How about this notification tone issue : I downloaded a message tone program. then they wanted me to sign up so I deleted the program but the message tone remained. How do I delete that message tone because what ever stock Verizon message tone I put in now does not get used. it's like this program has overwritten all of the message notification tones. Thx!!

Mahjmom17

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

I have noticed that my custom sounds are not staying set on my S6 either. I try to set a tweet sound for Twitter and it will not keep the sound I choose it keeps defaulting to the Default Sound on my phone. It's very annoying.

Mahjmom17

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

Same exact thing here. I can't get the chirp to stick. But somehow I can use my custom ringtones for my calls and texts with no problem

PurpleFrenchie

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
YoungHawk's method worked perfectly on my new S6 :D After trying for months to get a new notification noise to my S3 with no luck, I do a google search for my new phone and it works!

Thanks yo! xxx :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie