Has anyone experienced not being able to see the incoming call on the screen while outside in the daylight? I could not get my screen bright enough. I even took it to AT&T and they couldn't. We tried changing themes but that didn't help on the lock screen.
    04-12-2015 09:04 AM
    Do you have it on auto? It gets way brighter outside when it is on auto. It was really sunny out here yesterday and was very impressed with how easy it was to see the screen.
    04-12-2015 09:12 AM
    tried auto brightness?
    04-12-2015 09:12 AM
    Manual brightness only goes up to 563 nits, which may not be enough to view outdoors clearly. Auto brightness goes over 700 nits in direct sunlight and is viewable outdoors. They don't let you manually change it that high because it will blow it your battery.

This is the same behavior on the S5.
    20blks and Pixelsalad like this.
    04-12-2015 09:28 AM
    Auto brightness gets brighter, good luck

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 11:29 AM
    Only problem I'm having outdoors with mine is how the screen conflicts with my prescription polarized sunglasses. The effect makes it difficult...first phone I've had a problem with in that regard.
    04-12-2015 11:33 AM
    Manual brightness only goes up to 563 nits, which may not be enough to view outdoors clearly. Auto brightness goes over 700 nits in direct sunlight and is viewable outdoors. They don't let you manually change it that high because it will blow it your battery.

This is the same behavior on the S5.
    Anyway to turn up brightness to 700 manually? I hate auto
    04-12-2015 01:35 PM
    Anyway to turn up brightness to 700 manually? I hate auto
    No there isn't. Samsung was most likely saving themselves from people complaining about poor battery life while leaving their phone on full brightness all the time.

If you're outside and it's bright and you want your phone to go to its max, why not just switch it to auto? Then you can take it off auto when you go back inside. I guess I don't see how that is more of a hassle then always needing to adjust brightness manually?
    04-12-2015 01:39 PM
    Well because I work outside and operate heavy machinery, auto brightness kicks in when I'm in the machine and dims the screen. Its hard to see with the glare on the windows, but yes when I step out in direct sunlight it adjusts and does fine, just hard to see in the equipment. Annoying lol
    04-12-2015 01:43 PM
    Well because I work outside and operate heavy machinery, auto brightness kicks in when I'm in the machine and dims the screen. Its hard to see with the glare on the windows, but yes when I step out in direct sunlight it adjusts and does fine, just hard to see in the equipment. Annoying lol
    see if you can find a widget for auto brightness, so it's just one tap away to toggle it on/off to fit your need.
    04-12-2015 02:32 PM
    I toggle a/b when I am outside but toggle it off inside. A/B seems a little dull or dim than 50% brightness.
    04-12-2015 03:06 PM
    They should just let you adjust the auto bright levels where you want them. Have like 3 or 4 levels. When your outside you set the level you want and inside the level you want and in pitch black the level you want and then in uses the settings you set depending on the lighting condition. Come on samsung. We have had auto brightness on phones for a while now and it still don't work right. It's our phone let us set it the way we want. I do have to admit auto brightness is better on the s6 than it was on the s5 but still needs tweaking a little more.

Is there any apps that let you do this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    04-12-2015 03:19 PM
    I have S6 as well. Hopless in bright sunlight and I have tried all the Samsung suggested fixs nothing work. The S6 is now at the bottom of the draw. Will never buy another one. great kids phone for indoors but for work use out doors hopless. I hate apple but I need a phone for out doors so I had to get the iphone. No problems in bright sunlight.
    06-30-2015 06:22 AM
    I have S6 as well. Hopless in bright sunlight and I have tried all the Samsung suggested fixs nothing work. The S6 is now at the bottom of the draw. Will never buy another one. great kids phone for indoors but for work use out doors hopless. I hate apple but I need a phone for out doors so I had to get the iphone. No problems in bright sunlight.
    That's surprising as we were out this weekend. I was in extremely bright direct sunlight outside at 100% A/B. No problem. No A/B and less than 50% in the car while we were out.
    06-30-2015 06:40 AM
    Maybe you had a defective phone, because my S6 handles direct sunlight (with brightness set to Auto) better than any phone I have ever owned. When I say "better than any phone", I mean it's not even close. Doesn't matter much now, you've moved on, just saying your phone probably had an issue.
    06-30-2015 07:29 AM
    I was blown away by how well it works outside in direct sunlight. I'm not a fan of auto because the phones I have had in the past never have worked outdoors... but this one does.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    06-30-2015 08:48 AM