I have a nexus 6 and now have a gs6. I'm on the fence about what to do. The nexus 6 is almost too big, kind of annoying, camera is decent, screen sucks outdoors in sunlight, but man I love some stock android.
    Then the gs6, screen is great, camera as well, my big reservation is the software, not crazy about the icons in the notification tray, I like stock android having to pull down a second time. So stuff like that in the software is annoying, and also the 12 icons in the status bar haha. Anyone wanna give me some insight here as to what to do? Thanks
    04-12-2015 09:57 AM
    I had the Note 3 and wanted a pure android experience. I decided on getting the Moto x (2014). Loved the looks of the phone and the interface. The size seemed really small but, quite refreshing coming from a larger phone. After a period of time, I found myself downloading some of the similar apps to the Note 3. I hated the battery life on the Moto X but loved the no lag. I hated the camera on the Moto X but loved the camera on the Note 3.

I wound up returning the Moto X and was pleased to get my Note 3 back again. When it came time for the upgrade to another phone, I opted with the Note Edge. I loved the functionality of the side screen.

For you, how about rooting the S6? Then you will get the best of both worlds?

For me, I still continue to flop back and forth between stock Android phone and Samsung. I also flip flop between my Gear S and the Moto 360 and Asus Zenwatch. Some of the retailers must really hate me.

I did wind up getting the Yahoo Aviate Launcher which is a great lightweight launcher. I also wound up getting something called Lazy Swipe which is another great app as well. Those helped me. I also went into the Developers setting on the Note Edge and tweaked the animations and such which helped improve the lag (I went on youtube and found a video on how to tweak the Edge to get better performance).
    04-12-2015 10:10 AM
    If size is any issue at all go with the GS6. If stock android, faster updates and not bloat are important, Nexus 6. And of course my ultimate answer is both! Have an upgrade on att coming up and may just jump on a 64 GB GS6 for 300. Need to see all the real usage reviews.
    04-12-2015 10:12 AM
    I was in the same boat as you. I had the Nexus 6 and loved the phone, but it was too big for me and average-at-best camera was frustrating. Outside of screen real estate (which is both a pro and con), the only advantage the N6 has over the S6 is stock android w/fast updates. The S6 is a superior phone in pretty much every other way with a better screen, better CPU/GPU, better camera, and better one-handed usability. You REALLY have to love stock android to choose the N6 over the S6, IMO.
    04-12-2015 11:43 AM