what browser is everyone using?

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: what browser is everyone usung?

Chrome. Haven't used anything better. I need to anyway because I synch with my pixel.

Posted via the Android Central App

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Chrome. Seems to work the best. I don't see what's wrong with chrome. I've done the sun spider test, I don't see any real world difference in a accordance with the test.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

What about chrome is sucking for you? Maybe you can try Dolphin

Dolphin is (has been) my favorite browser but there seems to be a serious problem with its compatibility with the S6 so now it freezes and crashes all the time. I've emailed them about this so hopefully there will be a quick fix soon but, as of now, Dolphin is essentially unusable on the S6.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Dolphin is (has been) my favorite browser but there seems to be a serious problem with its compatibility with the S6 so now it freezes and crashes all the time. I've emailed them about this so hopefully there will be a quick fix soon but, as of now, Dolphin is essentially unusable on the S6.

I always have a tendency to pull the edges in dolphin when zooming or scrolling side to side. It drives me crazy. So, it's like bookmarks on the left and control panel on the right, popping out all the time. Is there a way to turn it off? I do like the browser for other reason.

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I only had Chrome loaded on my Verizon S6 Edge. I could not find the stock browser usually present on Galaxy phones. Did I miss a setting?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

To those using chrome do you use Chrome or Chrome Beta?

I'm not sure what's up with one listed beta since it's been in beta for years. Maybe that's my problem? I just don't like how you access bookmarks and how it closes the app when you close your last tab.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I like Chrome, but I wish there was a way to move the options button from the upper right of the screen to the upper left. Would make accessing favorites much easier when using my left hand.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I switched to Chrome yesterday after having issues with a few websites on the stock browser.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't have an S6 just yet but I'd be using Dolphin on it. Does the flash and adblock plugin for Dolphin work with the S6? I presume so, just making sure. Those two are a must for any phone/browser I use given my inclination to watch sports. Absolute must.

jesusgcas

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

I am very confused now.

For me Chrome was the way to go but on the s6 is laggy as hell. I come from a nexus 4 and scrolling was totally fluid. On the s6 is not and it annoys me.

Firefox is better but I like Chrome.

I can't understand how can this happen on this phone.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I always have a tendency to pull the edges in dolphin when zooming or scrolling side to side. It drives me crazy. So, it's like bookmarks on the left and control panel on the right, popping out all the time. Is there a way to turn it off? I do like the browser for other reason.

How about trying Opera since it has text reflow. No more scrolling left and right to read.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

You can turn off that swipe in from the left and right feature in Dolphin. Just go into Dolphin settings and you can toggle it on or off.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge