04-14-2015 02:05 AM
66 123
tools
    Well.. Second charge.. Mostly browsing.,twitter, WhatsApp, FB etc. Google now off, no power saving, auto brightness. Wifi mostly but some 4g. I'm happy enough with this.
    What u guys think?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life not all that bad-screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-16.jpg   Battery life not all that bad-screenshot_2015-04-12-09-13-21.jpg  
    04-12-2015 11:56 AM
    Yeah, ok so far for the first day I was in the car so I had access with the charger but tried to let it deplete. I was on a few phone calls, Facebook, play a game or two, watched some youtube, installing some apps, and just getting to know the phone. It last on screen for about 6 hours before it retired last night. Hopefully it will be better the next few charges. So far so good but the true test is when I go to a conference next week and won't have access to a charger as easily.
    04-12-2015 12:23 PM
    Well.. Second charge.. Mostly browsing.,twitter, WhatsApp, FB etc. Google now off, no power saving, auto brightness. Wifi mostly but some 4g. I'm happy enough with this.
    What u guys think?

I like it...that looks outstanding! I'd be thrilled if I could get that! What carrier are you?
    04-12-2015 01:40 PM
    Good to be hearing from retail owners instead of reviewers with pre-release units.
    04-12-2015 02:45 PM
    I unplugged the phone this morning at 8am, it's now 4pm and I'm at 53% with a lot of usage during the day. I have to say I'm pretty impressed I've had the phone for two days though .. Remains to be seen how it will do in the future..

04-12-2015 02:54 PM
    Same here I'm getting about 5hrs screen on time per charge after 4 days with the S6 edge.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 03:26 PM
    What u guys think?

Those look exactly like my past 2 Daily Stats, I'd be posting my daily Battery stats in the thread I created about Tips and Tricks, but besides the past 2 days with 5 hours and 10 minutes on Friday and 5.5 hours yesterday, today I unplugged it at 8:10am, now at 4:25pm I'm at 80%, with a lot of standby and just 1 hour and 7 minutes of SoT, more than 2 hours on just LTE and no Wifi (Past 2 days has been 80% Wifi on Friday and 100% yesterday) and connected to my Asus Zenwatch and Android Wear via Bluetooth.

Right around the same average of SoT I've been having for the past 2 days, it should be around 5.5 hours again today, very, very good for a phone with a 2600 mAh and a QHD screen.
    04-12-2015 03:27 PM
    I can't say I have any complaints about the battery life. I'd probably have to disagree with Phil about the M9 having better battery life. Maybe it's better than his T-Mobile S6, but I doubt it's better than what I'm getting.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life not all that bad-149.jpg   Battery life not all that bad-150.jpg  
    jcp007 likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:16 PM
    My T-mobile version gets great battery life. I don't know what is going on with everyone else's.

Attached Thumbnails Battery life not all that bad-1602.jpg   Battery life not all that bad-1603.jpg   Battery life not all that bad-1604.jpg   Battery life not all that bad-1605.jpg  
    04-12-2015 05:29 PM
    I can't say I have any complaints about the battery life. I'd probably have to disagree with Phil about the M9 having better battery life. Maybe it's better than his T-Mobile S6, but I doubt it's better than what I'm getting.

With battery stats like these on AT&T, less than impressive M9 battery performance with a much larger battery, and hopefully, more powerful batteries getting smaller as well as chipsets and displays getting more energy efficient, it will mean an end to the swappable battery being excluded from flagship devices. This really shouldn't be such a prominent consideration in a purchase or pass decision.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:35 PM
    My T-mobile version gets great battery life. I don't know what is going on with everyone else's.

Looks like the patch and switching off VoLTE helped out quite a bit. Glad TMO owners are getting battery stats like the rest of us.
    04-12-2015 05:38 PM
    Looks like the patch and switching off VoLTE helped out quite a bit. Glad TMO owners are getting battery stats like the rest of us.
    Yeah, I was nervous because I switched from At&T. I have still been holding on to my ATT GS5 because I wasn't sure if I would be switching back, I was due for an upgrade anyway on the 12 month next program. But now I guess I can trade it in and get it paid off. But I guess T-Mobile must have updated the gold before it shipped, because mine didn't update when I turned it on. Is 5.0.2 the update because that's what i'm running?
    04-12-2015 05:52 PM
    Great battery life for me as well. I'm using Verizon with advanced calling.

Attached Thumbnails Battery life not all that bad-212.jpg  
    04-12-2015 06:43 PM
    Mines not good in my opinion. I'm on par for about 2.5 hours of SOT. Verizon phone BTW.
    04-12-2015 06:51 PM
    What does this say about my battery life?

Attached Thumbnails Battery life not all that bad-369.jpg  
    04-12-2015 08:06 PM
    What does this say about my battery life?

Not enough information to assess....
    04-12-2015 08:34 PM

What kind of settings/brightness/processes running do you have to get that sort of battery life?
    04-12-2015 08:48 PM
    What kind of settings/brightness/processes running do you have to get that sort of battery life?
    No power saving modes. Auto brightness. I've been on WiFi all day.

ballzac likes this.
    04-12-2015 09:17 PM
    No power saving modes. Auto brightness. I've been on WiFi all day.

Do you have location services turned on?
    What about VoLTE?

04-12-2015 11:10 PM
    With battery stats like these on AT&T, less than impressive M9 battery performance with a much larger battery, and hopefully, more powerful batteries getting smaller as well as chipsets and displays getting more energy efficient, it will mean an end to the swappable battery being excluded from flagship devices. This really shouldn't be such a prominent consideration in a purchase or passed decision, speaking decision for myself.

Others should think for themselves if removable batterys are important or not.
    FTFY

04-12-2015 11:13 PM
    Do you have location services turned on?
    What about VoLTE?

Location is set to WiFi and Mobile Networks (battery saver). High accuracy is only useful if you need GPS so that gets turned on only when needed. VoLTE is always on.

Had I not fallen asleep listening/watching the AC podcast last night on YouTube, I would have been able to add screens with 6:10-6:20 hours on screen time for yesterday. Battery died before I woke up.

04-13-2015 05:14 AM
    Location is set to WiFi and Mobile Networks (battery saver). High accuracy is only useful if you need GPS so that gets turned on only when needed. VoLTE is always on.

Had I not fallen asleep listening/watching the AC podcast last night on YouTube, I would have been able to add screens with 6:10-6:20 hours on screen time for yesterday. Battery died before I woke up.

Do you ever sleep? It seems that you were on late last night when I posted my Defender review on YouTube.

It would seem that SOT is getting better with each charge cycle. This should be more than enough to convince anyone who is still on the fence to put battery life a little lower on their list of concerns. It is also looking like a good design choice by Samsung in light of the improved performance and efficiency of the device.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-13-2015 05:46 AM
    Do you ever sleep? It seems that you were on late last night when I posted my Defender review on YouTube.

It would seem that SOT is getting better with each charge cycle. This should be more than enough to convince anyone who is still on the fence to put battery life a little lower on their list of concerns. It is also looking like a good design choice by Samsung in light of the improved performance and efficiency of the device.
    Ha, yes I do. Unfortunately fell asleep before I could grab screens last night. This battery has been a consistent performer so far for me. Kudos to Samsung for making the hardware efficient enough to handle a smaller capacity like this.

Have to wonder how impressive these internals will be with a 3500 mah battery later this year.

Gray Area likes this.
    04-13-2015 06:31 AM
    I wish I was getting these. My ATT version has the wifi activity problem. It's always the highest usage according to GSam. Usually 50%. I've tried every setting too. I'm afraid this may have to go back and I'll wait to see what the G4 has instore
    04-13-2015 06:36 AM
    I wish I was getting these. My ATT version has the wifi activity problem. It's always the highest usage according to GSam. Usually 50%. I've tried every setting too. I'm afraid this may have to go back and I'll wait to see what the G4 has instore
    That's a shame hopefully a update will occur to fix that before you have to give up on this wonderful device!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 08:00 AM
66 123