Smartlock?

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok love this new feature from Google but wondering if I'm doing something wrong or others having issues too? I have the fingerprint lock set up that I am using. I also have smartlock set up to use my home address. Well its not working. Every time my screen goes off it does lock my phone still and have to use the fingerprint. Is this normal or anyone have any idea? Thanks for any help and info.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Smart lock with location is broken in the latest Google play services. I have same issue as well. Good news is Google can fix this by just updating Google play services and doesn't need an OS update.

It does work when paired to a Bluetooth device. I have it set up this way when it connects to my car.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's broken for the Location, just work for Bluetooth devices for now.

Anyway, it's a great feature but I just turned it off this morning, I just realized that it was even faster just leaving the fingerprint lock, the new fingerprint scanner is so fast that it's faster and more convenient than to swipe to unlock. Try it yourself and tell me if I'm not right.

jlinz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's broken for the Location, just work for Bluetooth devices for now.

Anyway, it's a great feature but I just turned it off this morning, I just realized that it was even faster just leaving the fingerprint lock, the new fingerprint scanner is so fast that it's faster and more convenient than to swipe to unlock. Try it yourself and tell me if I'm not right.

There isn't a huge difference, but swipe to unlock will still take less time in the long run since there's never an invalid reading. The fingerprint scanner is really good, but fails to read my print every so often.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There isn't a huge difference, but swipe to unlock will still take less time in the long run since there's never an invalid reading. The fingerprint scanner is really good, but fails to read my print every so often.

You are right based on possible invalid readings, but so far, in 2 days, just once it failed to recognized my fingerprint. After that I just went to the fingerprint menu and added the same thumb but on almost a different angle, that covered me for when I have the phone hold in the same hand facing me and when is resting on the desktop or even in a different position on my hand, since then haven't failed again, that's why I decided to turn off the smart lock since I already need to press the home button to wake it up, I just leave the thumb a fraction of a second more and it unlocks.

jlinz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You are right based on possible invalid readings, but so far, in 2 days, just once it failed to recognized my fingerprint. After that I just went to the fingerprint menu and added the same thumb but on almost a different angle, that covered me for when I have the phone hold in the same hand facing me and when is resting on the desktop or even in a different position on my hand, since then haven't failed again, that's why I decided to turn off the smart lock since I already need to press the home button to wake it up, I just leave the thumb a fraction of a second more and it unlocks.

That's actually a really good idea to train the same finger at different angles. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis