Bluetooth audio to car head unit.

anon(9403433)

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, long time follower here and finally made an account seeing as this issue was really annoying. So long story short I switched from my s4 to the s6 and I am having bluetooth complications with my pioneer avh p4400 headunit. I did some google-ing around and found that a a few others are having the same problem but seeing as the phone came out a few days ago not everyone is inquiring about it. Bluetooth audio does not auto connect/play like it did on the s4 and there is no song info/description displayed which then renders the track skipping buttons useless on the headunit. Thankfully I found an app to fix the auto connect issue at least. I am using Google play music so this is kind of unusual. I am not sure if it is an s6 only issue having something to do with the new touchwiz or if android 5.0 is using different bluetooth protocols than prior. Everything is updated to the latest firmware. Any ideas that would help shed some light on this problem? I was debating on upgrading to the 4100nex but if this issue is going to be present there also I would rather not have an extra expensive paperweight

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problems with the unit in my Toyota Corolla. My GS3 automatically connected when Bluetooth was activated and synced my Rhapsody info straight to the unit. Now, with my GS6 it's intermittent. Sometimes I'll be able to see the music metadata displayed, and sometimes it will only say "no data." The actual music however, plays just fine, it's the metadata that isn't being transferred over. So, you're not the only one.

anon(9403433)

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried different music apps by any chance? I dont know why it just hit me now but after work I will try to confirm if the regular music player does the same as Google Play Music. At this point I am not sure if it is bluetooth connection itself or an app not fully integrated into lollipop yet or if its just the unit being "outdated".

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I did do a little research and I've come up with a few things that could be happening: (all just pure speculation though)

• the phone is so new it's not on Toyota's approved/compatible Bluetooth device list
  • the unit does not support the GS6's Bluetooth protocol
  • the unit itself could be out of date with no way to update it
  • the Rhapsody app isn't compatible with certain aspects of Lollipop

I have not tried other music apps yet, although I did uninstall Rhapsody and re-installed it to see if anything changed. I was able to get some metadata to display (although the "artist" isn't showing up, but "title" and "album" are). I am able to sync my phone contacts and get the device registered with the car just fine, it's the audio part of it that's kinda funky.

PFD664

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine paired up with SYNC in my Ford F150 just fine, played with music stored on the phone,Pandora and Samsung Milk and had no issues. I also sent and received texts through SYNC just fine.

ppgorman

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue in my 2014 Honda Pilot. My S4 and S5 worked without any issues, but my S6 not so much. I've triied multiple music apps and none of them display the meta data.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I complained on reddit about Bluetooth connection issues at least in my car. My other Bluetooth 4.0 devices like N6, iPhone 6 and M9 connect perfectly fine every time. But with with S6 sometimes doesn't automatically connect, sometimes suddenly disconnects etc. So something specific to Bluetooth in the S6.

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got an alpine unit. It had terrible connection issues. I would have to cycle all the way back to BT mode and it would catch. (GS4 & Tab 3) I hooked it up to an Iphone 5 and worked way better yet still did it every other 4 times. Hooked up my GS6 now and It seems to be working flawlessly! so Its just a pain for everyone to work together no matter what you get :-\

asilva732

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue, with a new LG G2 and a JVC KD-HDR71BT head unit.

Check in the phone BT settings: Visibility timeout should be set to Never. This solved the intermittent connectivity. It improved the music tag info being sent to the head unit, although I would say this is solved consistently about 95% of the time.

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
i have a pioneer head unit avic z110 and my s5 used to connect automatically as far as pandora, audio calls. Now the s6 only connects for calls but all i do is go to bluetooth option on my headunit hit connect. Then go to my bluetooth settings on my phone and toggle the audio media switch and its ok. Then I can use spotify and it shows the metadata.

MaLLoThaPrince

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
What helped me was going to settings, application manager, all, then down to Bluetooth and then clear the cache and data, then try connecting back to your head unit. Works flawless now

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante