Direction Lock - New way to unlock your phone (Hidden feature on the Galaxy S6)

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
With direction lock, you can unlock your phone by drawing a pattern on it...pretty cool I think

[video]https://youtu.be/iIQUWxuLhOI[/url]

Neat idea, but since you already have your thumb on the home button, might as well use the fingerprint. It looks like it takes a bit longer than the fingerprint, or a simple swipe, does too.

Posted via the Android Central App

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Been around the Moto X and other Motorola phones for awhile.... I,really like the Fingerprint Sensor concept. A nice option for locking and unlocking as well.

monkeydog

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I had my Galaxy S6 protected with a fingerprint lock and also encrypted, requiring a password every time it was turned on. I changed the fingerprint lock to a direction lock and the next time I rebooted it, it didn't prompt me for the password, but rather for a pattern. I have NEVER enabled a pattern lock so this is a bug. It is asking me to enter a pattern that hasn't been defined. Now I have to factory reset my phone. This unfortunate turn of events seems to coincide with changing the fingerprint lock to a direction lock, so I'd be very careful using this unlock mechanism if your phone is encrypted.