Before I start talking about the device here is some background. I am coming from a S3 and I have the Sprint variant. I am a college student, so I use the camera, Snapchat, instagram, Spotify, words with friend, and sports apps alot to go with normal Internet and email usage. I very rarely use Bluetooth or GPS for those of who are wondering and my WiFi calling is off.

Screen - This is a easy one, the screen is stunning. Coming from a S3, it is a huge improvement. The colors are alot nicer and more accurate and the whites are whiter. Can't say anything bad about it.

Performance - The phone is certainly faster than it has ever been. I've been using touchwiz and there is pretty much 0 lag. I can fly through menus and setting with ease and opening and closing different apps occur without a hiccup. Only place I see slight lag is the recent apps button.

Software - Touchwiz is certainly improving. Samsung is getting better at optimizing their software and streamlining it. The new setting menu is a welcomed change, it's alot easier to use. I wish you could continuously scroll through the home screens. I like how they handle mutli-window, it's very convenient and easy to use. Just need more apps to add support for it. I also can't wait for more themes to come out, I am not a fan of most the the color schemes on touchwiz.

Camera - The camera is a masterpiece as well. It is night and day compared to my S3. Pictures are extremely clear and pretty much point and shoot. I haven't had any problems with focusing the camera and takes pictures as fast as a iPhone. It also opens ridiculously fast and the double tap for camera was a great idea. One thing I did notice was that it usually makes faces look like they have make up on them or been touched up, even with beauty face at 0. I have attached a few pictures.

Battery - Battery life for me has been very good, I havent been getting the problems people are complaining about. On my first charge I got over 4 hours SOT, and that was with alot of photos being taken, Apps being downloaded, and messing around. On my second charge I got over 4 hours with 26 % remaining. I am sure I will be getting over 5- 5 1/2 hours SOT once things get in order . Plus a 20 minute charge with the fast charger will give you plenty of juice if you need some more. I haven't even tried using power saving mode yet. I have a versus case with the card tray and to get it to work with my Samsung wireless charger it has to be in the perfect spot.

Audio - With headphones on or connected to a AUX cord, it sounds great. Out of the speaker it's just good enough. It is certainly louder and alot nicer to have it on the bottom, but it's not the best. It's fine up to about 60% volume and they it starts to loose quality as you go higher.

Build Quality - The phone feels great in hand. The gorilla glass feels nice and sturdy, but it a finger print magnet. I have the Black Sapphire and it really shows. They better materials really make the phone feel better. But I slapped a case on it, so this stuff didn't not make huge difference to me.

Overall, Samsung has a gem on its hands and is a killer phone. The camera and screen are killer. I think the batteries complaints will lessen because great battery life is certainly possible, but it is understandable. Touchwiz still isn't perfect but atleast it's getting better. Good job Samsung.

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails My Thoughts-20150411_180912.jpg   My Thoughts-20150411_185721.jpg   My Thoughts-20150411_191701.jpg   My Thoughts-screenshot_2015-04-11-23-11-39.jpg   My Thoughts-screenshot_2015-04-12-21-49-07.jpg  

04-13-2015 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the writeup! Those photos show some brilliant color and detail.
    04-13-2015 12:49 AM
    Great to hear that more and more owners are having such a great experience with this device with the lively "debate" on the design choices made by Samsung for the GS6. Did they nail every wish list item? Nope, but they made great progress in that direction.
    04-13-2015 06:09 AM
    Great to hear that more and more owners are having such a great experience with this device with the lively "debate" on the design choices made by Samsung for the GS6. Did they nail every wish list item? Nope, but they made great progress in that direction.
    Yeah it ain't perfect, but it sure is better than before.
    04-13-2015 09:09 AM
    As you have more time with your device, report back on your experience.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-13-2015 09:40 AM
    As you have more time with your device, report back on your experience. I definitely starting to get more into it now that income tax is done for another 365 days.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-13-2015 09:41 AM
    I definitely will. Will keep posted on the battery stats as well.
    04-13-2015 04:28 PM