Lock Screen Widgets

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for something on this since yesterday, but don't know if it's not in the phone, or if I'm missing something, but did they get rid of the lock screen widgets that I could use on my s4. Love the s6 bad with the finger print scanner it's not really that much of a hassle to get to the home screen to see a calendar or weather, but would be cool if I could set that up too.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no can do. Lollipop did away with lockscreen widgets (one of the many things I DON'T like about LP). What's more, if you're playing music on your device, you no longer get those big, handy music controls on the Lockscreen. Nope, now you get them on a tiny notification card. And wait, there's more! Should you, like me, hate lockscreen notifications and you disable them, guess what? No more lockscreen music controls for you! The only way to get to them is to swipe down on the notification bar and tapping on the music controls there. Using in your car now became much more of a hassle.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no can do. Lollipop did away with lockscreen widgets (one of the many things I DON'T like about LP). What's more, if you're playing music on your device, you no longer get those big, handy music controls on the Lockscreen. Nope, now you get them on a tiny notification card. And wait, there's more! Should you, like me, hate lockscreen notifications and you disable them, guess what? No more lockscreen music controls for you! The only way to get to them is to swipe down on the notification bar and tapping on the music controls there. Using in your car now became much more of a hassle.

Just found the same thing. Not really missing it as there are so many other things to play with.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18