Samsung Galaxy S6 Anyone tried this particular wireless charger?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at this particular wireless charger on Amazon, and the design looks cool.

Aukey Charger @ Amazon

I wondered if any had one of these, and particularly, if the non-slip pad will actually grip the glass rear of an S6 when its set at an angle?

I've got the flat Samsung Wireless Charger on my nightstand at home, but was looking for one that would prop the phone up at an angle in landscape mode for my desk at work. The TYLT model seems a bit large (and pricey).

Any feedback?

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone tried this particular wireless charger?

Definitely looks interesting. Just do not imagine it holding the phone up.
I have been splurging on accessories and trying to get my wireless charging portfolio up, might give this one a try and report back

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else have any experience with that charger?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Wanted to come back and update this thread as I decided to go ahead and order one of these to try out. The charger works very well with my S6 Edge. I wanted a charger that would hold the phone at an angle for my desk to see the screen while listening to streaming audio apps during the day. I was skeptical that the sticky pad would consistently hold the glass-backed S6 at the angle w/o the phone sliding off, but after using it for a week, it holds the phone solidly at an angle whether the phone is in a case or not. (Tested with Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case) The charging portion works very well, even with a case on the phone. It charges the phone up to 100% even during phone use, and then continues to maintain 100% charge until phone removed. Very happy with the charger itself!

The ONLY downside I had was that the package I received came with a European AC Wall Adapter with different plug configuration than a US Adapter. At the time, I ordered the black version, but at the moment it appears they only have the white one available. Also, at the time I ordered, Amazon listed the seller as "Aukey Direct" which I assume was straight from the manufacturer. It wasn't worth the hassle to return it, since I had another spare AC adapter and the charger itself is a nice product.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Interesting charger. I imagine that while the phone can be held on an angle, you really cannot use it while on that charger. Pressing the HOME button would likely cause it to fall off (unless you use two hands).

I have a Tylt Vu and it works OK. The S6 is a little quirky with the Vu but if you follow Tylt's instructions the charger works well. And I can use the phone single handed while it charges.

Best thing about the Vu is that it has maintain mode so it keeps the battery at 100% after fully charged without excessive heat (its usually around 87F when in maintain mode). Many Qi chargers, including the OEM Samsung charger, do not support a maintain mode. They instead charge the phone to 100% then turn off. Not the best for overnight charging unless you turn off your phone.