Andrew's review mentioned some lag- anyone getting it?

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
My S6 just all of a sudden started lagging really bad. Like I had the issue where I would take a picture and would want to check it out and click the gallery app. Man that took like a good few seconds, and it was bothering me really bad. So I decided to do a master reset, and then deal with the bs that the stock messenger would not restore messages from a back up that was done 4 hours before the reset. So yet again this phone is lagging really bad. It is rooted with Nova, and for whatever reasons apps open up slow, they switch slow, and I am irritated that my 2yr old M7 worked faster then this. I have done the developer scale back options as well as Greenify and Debloater and the lag is just unbearable on this new 2015 phone. I have a possibly 70 apps, and I am just wondering what you all have done to circumvent the lag.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Least amount of lag that I've ever had in a phone. Super snappy. Very happy, I didn't think a Samsung Galaxy could perform like this. The first thing I did when I got the phone was disable the bloat.

I am enormously satisfied with my purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The new Nova launcher upgrade has eliminated most of the lag however brining up Google Search still lags for me.

Here's some tips to help get rid of lag

1. there is some kind of RAM leakage from lollipop you need to restart your phone every few days.

2. Get an app to manage the background apps , I use 'shut app' which allows me to close all apps that aren't White listed.

3. Get an app that allows you to clear the cache easily from apps, I use 'cc cleaner'

Most of the lag is completely manageable if you look after your device, it's kind of like cleaning your room.

dreaming of electric sheep

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
My S6 just all of a sudden started lagging really bad. Like I had the issue where I would take a picture and would want to check it out and click the gallery app. Man that took like a good few seconds, and it was bothering me really bad. So I decided to do a master reset, and then deal with the bs that the stock messenger would not restore messages from a back up that was done 4 hours before the reset. So yet again this phone is lagging really bad. It is rooted with Nova, and for whatever reasons apps open up slow, they switch slow, and I am irritated that my 2yr old M7 worked faster then this. I have done the developer scale back options as well as Greenify and Debloater and the lag is just unbearable on this new 2015 phone. I have a possibly 70 apps, and I am just wondering what you all have done to circumvent the lag.
70 apps omg...I have over 300 :eek:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Five weeks later. Smooth and fast. Still no noticeable lag. Stock browser. No third party homescreen launcher yet. Even better performance after the AT&T OTA update.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The only very slight lag is going from flip board brief page back to home screen, redraws in a second...that's it otherwise always lighting fast.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The only very slight lag is going from flip board brief page back to home screen, redraws in a second...that's it otherwise always lighting fast.

Disabled Briefing tab soon after getting my GS6. Don't miss it.

Parafly9

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone lags brutally. S6 128gb edge , gold, verizon. I had a MOto X 2014 that so far just blows the S6 out of the water with performance. I get slow registers to tap, extremely slow keyboard, slow loading in apps, almost everything. I have to restart the phone 6 times per day and it is speedy for about 20 minutes then lags again.

I have about 30 or 40 apps on the phone. Same exact loadout I had on my moto X. I'm not sure WTH is going on. I will try a clean wipe and see if that helps .. here's hoping bc this is extremely annoying.

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I am using GS6 with stock touchWiz. No problem on accessing Android Central. In fact very smooth.

I am using the Android Central app anyway.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the S6 for two months now. It takes a few tweaks but my S6 is 100% smooth with zero lag. Try these steps.

1. Wipe partition cache
2. Reboot
3. Turn off power saver
4. Install Nova Prime Launcher
5. Install CCleaner (wipes cache of all apps, use this once a week)
6. Close apps in multitask tab when you don't need them.
7. Uninstall troublesome apps that a badly coded
8. Disable any apps that you are not using

This should make your phone super smooth and save battery as well.

dreaming of electric sheep

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE