View Poll Results: Will you be returning your S6?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm definitely keeping it.

60 69.77%
  • Yes, I'm definitely returning it.

12 13.95%
  • I'm not sure (Still on the fence)

14 16.28%
06-01-2015 11:29 PM
376 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    6 days with the device and I am still planning to keep it, I was considering the Note 4 but I'm happy with the screen size a phablet is just too much for me. Man I love this device I haven't stopped playing with it and showing it off all week, the photo quality is outstanding.

Posted via S6
    04-18-2015 12:48 AM
    Mine is going back today. Love the phone. Period. But can't deal with the battery life. Yes, I have done all tweaks possible and I'm lucky to make it 12 hours with 30 minutes of screen on time. I'm also on Sprint so my data signal is non-existent. On my front porch, my wife with her E8 can enjoy LTE w/ Spark all day long as well as my Note 4 and iPhone 6. With the S6, I can barely get 3G. Ridiculous.

I might trade for another S6 but the store told me yesterday they didn't have any more 64GB'ers and I'm not about to trade down. We will see.
    04-18-2015 05:46 AM
    Mine is going back today. Love the phone. Period. But can't deal with the battery life. Yes, I have done all tweaks possible and I'm lucky to make it 12 hours with 30 minutes of screen on time. I'm also on Sprint so my data signal is non-existent. On my front porch, my wife with her E8 can enjoy LTE w/ Spark all day long as well as my Note 4 and iPhone 6. With the S6, I can barely get 3G. Ridiculous.

I might trade for another S6 but the store told me yesterday they didn't have any more 64GB'ers and I'm not about to trade down. We will see.
    It could be device related. Go get it checked out. Did you happen to read the thread posted by Sprint who changed to AT&T? Are you having the same issues?
    04-18-2015 09:33 AM
    I'm loving my S6. Initially I thought having no sd card slot was a deal breaker for me (I can live without a removable battery), but honestly I don't even miss it. I love the AT&T Locker app. And I have Dropbox so everything is saved. I wish that AT&T Locker gave more than 50GB
    jcp007 and Gray Area like this.
    04-18-2015 11:10 AM
    was at my local Verizon corporate store to pay my bill yesterday afternoon.(next door to Walmart, so I always pay in person)

anyway, the manager was still there and she told me that they have had over 11 returns on the S6 and S6 edge phones so far. strangely, half of those customers exchanged them for the iPhone 6(regular) and the rest got Note 4 and old S5. she said the main complaint was batter life. for comparison, this corporate store has sold almost 100 S6 phones, so 11 returns is probably nt that bad.
    04-19-2015 04:33 PM
    was at my local Verizon corporate store to pay my bill yesterday afternoon.(next door to Walmart, so I always pay in person)

anyway, the manager was still there and she told me that they have had over 11 returns on the S6 and S6 edge phones so far. strangely, half of those customers exchanged them for the iPhone 6(regular) and the rest got Note 4 and old S5. she said the main complaint was batter life. for comparison, this corporate store has sold almost 100 S6 phones, so 11 returns is probably nt that bad.
    That's 11% of the phones they sold. That seams not to good either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 04:45 PM

That's actually quite a lot. 5% is worrying enough but that's over double.

I guess they weren't sent the Android Central battery fixes fact sheet clearly doing it wrong
    deeb215 likes this.
    04-19-2015 04:54 PM
    That's 11% of the phones they sold. That seams not to good either.

11% is too high, I hope it's not representative.
    04-19-2015 05:07 PM
    You think samsung would be all over fixing these issues no matter who's fault it is because people are trading them in for iphones . The people samsung was trying to get on there side to begin with.

04-19-2015 05:13 PM
    11% is too high, I hope it's not representative.
    15% on this thread returning it and another 15% considering it. I really am rooting for a fix to the issues soon. I want to love this phone!
    04-19-2015 05:14 PM

At my local ATT corporate store today I saw a draw full of returns of you guessed it the S6 & S6E for...........you guessed it poor battery life. What I saw was confirmed by the store manager as well that the phone are beautiful and fast. The battery life is what will do it in though.
    04-19-2015 05:31 PM
    At my local ATT corporate store today I saw a draw full of returns of you guessed it the S6 & S6E for...........you guessed it poor battery life. What I saw was confirmed by the store manager as well that the phone are beautiful and fast. The battery life is what will do it in though.
    Great for them. It didn't work for them. Mine is still going strong after a week. No issues.
    04-19-2015 05:35 PM
    Great for them. It didn't work for them. Mine is still going strong after a week. No issues.
    Yes, we know.
    04-19-2015 05:50 PM
    I have to return mine for Verizon. The one place where Verizon has a crappy signal happens to be where I work. I have to go back to at&t and they aren't offering any good deals on the S6 like Verizon, so I'll have to wait a while before picking one up. Of course the battery was terrible at work, always searching for a signal.
    04-19-2015 05:51 PM
    If the phone is constantly searching for a weak signal, the battery will drain far faster than in an area where the signal is strong. Sorry it hasn't worked for you on VZW.
    04-19-2015 05:53 PM
    I came from the Droid Turbo too and yes, the battery was the highlight of that phone, no doubt. I was willing to give up the laziness of never needing to manage my battery usage but I was going full out on using this awesome piece of tech for the long list of pros.

1) Screen - Self explanatory, the best on any phone I've used.

2) Fingerprint scanner - Totally useful and #1 reason for loving this phone.

3) Form factor - Sexy beast and totally for vain reasons.

4) Camera - So fast and so good.

5) Touchwiz - Not a big fan of stock Android. TW has all the features I need.

I will not return this phone, not even for the battery.
    deeb215 likes this.
    04-19-2015 06:29 PM
    I am taking my back because of poor battery life but more importantly horrible signal strength. Look at getting iphone 6

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 07:38 PM
    Decided to stop focusing on sot and overall battery life...man this phone is awesome!!
    chezm and deeb215 like this.
    04-19-2015 07:39 PM
    Disregard : I posted in wrong thread

04-19-2015 07:41 PM
    Decided to stop focusing on sot and overall battery life...man this phone is awesome!!
    Exactly. While I satisfied with my SoT and battery, I wish we had more positive threads on this board. I love this phone so much, I really want to talk so much about what I do like instead of constantly reading what everyone hates about it. I get it, its a forum for discussion...not saying we should atop the negative topics...but we should have an equal amount of positives.

Posted via S6
    warpdrive and jcp007 like this.
    04-19-2015 07:44 PM
    I am doing the same, battery life is as good or slightly better than iPhone 6, at least for me.

jcp007 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:46 PM
    Exactly. While I satisfied with my SoT and battery, I wish we had more positive threads on this board. I love this phone so much, I really want to talk so much about what I do like instead of constantly reading what everyone hates about it. I get it, its a forum for discussion...not saying we should atop the negative topics...but we should have an equal amount of positives.

Posted via S6
    I agree. Thanks for staring the thread. There are so many negative threads since it's so much easier to blame and complain versus cogent, concise dialogue.
    chezm likes this.
    04-19-2015 08:32 PM
    If I buy a Ferrari that requires visits to the gas station every 100 miles, I'd probably
    return the Ferrari as well. Perhaps exchange the Ferrari for a VW sedan with TDI
    engine that can easily go 650+ miles on one tank of diesel. Although the VW will
    probably help me get laid. (either by a random hot woman or my wife)
    04-19-2015 08:40 PM
    If I buy a Ferrari that requires visits to the gas station every 100 miles, I'd probably
    return the Ferrari as well. Perhaps exchange the Ferrari for a VW sedan with TDI
    engine that can easily go 650+ miles on one tank of diesel. Although the VW will
    probably help me get laid. (either by a random hot woman or my wife)
    You don't buy a Ferrari for gas mileage. The Ferrari is way more smoking hot. Your car choice explains a lot and that facts don't matter and that you complain just to complain.
    Gray Area and alexander0003 like this.
    04-19-2015 09:06 PM
    I agree. Thanks for staring the thread. There are so many negative threads since it's so much easier to blame and complain versus cogent, concise dialogue.
    It wasn't just the battery life sad to say

04-19-2015 09:44 PM
376 ... 910111213 ...