View Poll Results: Will you be returning your S6?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm definitely keeping it.

60 69.77%
  • Yes, I'm definitely returning it.

12 13.95%
  • I'm not sure (Still on the fence)

14 16.28%
06-01-2015 11:29 PM
376 12345 ...
tools
    Don't even have one yet but heck no I'm keeping it!!
    HMBgal likes this.
    04-14-2015 04:14 PM
    Neveeerrrrr..... Lol

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 05:15 PM
    I went on AT&T's website towards the end of march to look at the pre-orders. I knew I wanted the 128gb model because of the lack of removable storage and I wanted to have as much as possible. I was stuck between ordering the Platinum Gold and Black. I knew I didn't want white because all my iPhones had been white and I just wanted to get something that looked a little more "Business Professional". The 128gb was sold out or unavailable, I can't remember which, so I decided to go with the black. So I was ready to submit my pre-order for the 128gb Black S6 Edge and then I figured, let me call AT&T and see when they expect these to ship. I wanted to make sure I got mine on release day and didn't want to get stuck waiting for a shipment. So I called and they told me it was possible I wouldn't get it until a business day after the release day. I didn't want to wait a whole weekend and get it on Monday so I decided, I'll just wait until release day and go into an AT&T Store or Best Buy early and pick it up in person. So I eagerly awaited the release of this phone like I had no other time for any other phone release. I checked video reviews and read news articles daily. I was consumed by this thing. I had never bought a Samsung device before and swore I never would, but the features packed in this phone, coupled with the design aesthetics and promise of a tolerable Touch Wiz experience, I was sold.
    04-14-2015 05:29 PM
    I woke up on Friday morning, April 10th, 2015 like a kid on Christmas. I went to work beaming. I strategically planned my morning so they I could sneak out at 8:45am and get on over to the AT&T Store for their 9am opening and buy my 128gb S6 Edge. So I pull up to the store and see an associate standing in the doorway with iPad checking people before. He sees me walking up and is ready to greet me. Just as he is about to take a breath to deliver his speech, I cut him off - "I NEED that Black 128gb Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge!" I proclaim confidently and triumphantly.

He says, "Aw man, those are pre-order only. We didn't get any 128gbs in-store. We have a bunch of 32gb Whites, though, if you want to get one right now."

I was deflated. Stone faced in disbelief. I have never cared about a release of a phone like I have for this one. I had never been filled with so much eagerness and anticipation. I said, "Nope. I'm gonna go check Best Buy and see what they got." I dipped out.

Best Buy is just across the street from the AT&T store, but they don't open until 10am so I stood outside and waited anxiously while vendor reps and store staff went in and out of the front doors getting ready to open for the day. I see a Best Buy Mobile employee walking towards the entrance from the parking lot. I couldn't wait anymore. I asked him if he knew if Best Buy was going to have stock of the 128gb Edge's. He let me know that the 128s weren't going to be available in-store and that they hadn't received ANYTHING from AT&T for the Samsung release.
    04-14-2015 05:30 PM
    I called AT&T Customer service and said ship me an S6 Edge Asap. I should've ordered it last week. This is a disaster. Ship me a phone. Now. They didn't have any 128gb's available in black. They didn't have any Platinum Gold phones. They only had boatloads of white phones. So, there I was with another difficult decision. Do I get a color I'm going to hate to get the storage I want....Or do I sacrifice on storage to get the look I want? In a split second I decided to just go with the 64gb Black phone. All my iPhones had always been 16gb. My HTC One was 32 gb and never ran out of space. My HTC One M8 was also 32 gb and had a 32gb MicroSD card in it. So I figured, why not? I can live with 64gb and One Drive and Google Drive and Drop Box and Box and all the other cloud storage services I have data on.

So I placed my order Friday, and they told me I'd get my phone in 3-5 business days.

Fast forward to Monday. I'm at work. I check the tracking on my order to see if it had even shipped yet, and boom. They dropped the phone on my doorstep two hours prior. I jump in my car and fight freeway traffic to get home before someone swipes it from my doorstep. I pull up into the drive way and there is a little brown box chillin on my porch. Ecstasy.

I raced back to work before anyone would notice I was gone. I couldn't wait to unbox this phone and see it in all of its glory. I hadn't seen one in person so it was all going to be brand new to me.
    04-14-2015 05:34 PM
    First impressions......
    I like that it's light weight, but I don't. I'm a man. I'm strong. I have big hands. I like the heft of the HTC One m8. But I'll get used to this. Maybe after I throw a case on it, it will be better.

It's not black. It's a dark Navy blueish at some angles. Kind of a turn off. It's not bad, but I was expecting black. Kinda wish I would've gotten the Platinum Gold one now.

The front and sides are super sexy. Like no other phone I've ever seen. The lines and curves remind me of a super car with a glass back or t-tops.

The back......bleh. So bland. And flat. It doesn't match the front at all. The back is boring and the front is show stopping. Again, a nice case should fix this.

Finally, TouchWiz. It's soooo ugly. That turquoise or teal notification shade with the lime green accents....uughh. I checked out a couple themes in the Samsung store and they were almost OK. But they seemed really gimmicky in some areas kind of like Windows 98 Plus themes over Windows. I ended up just installing the Google Now launcher and it is much more tolerable to look at. Still don't like some of the Samsung icons, or the color of the notification shade. But I can live with it. I don't want to go super crazy modding it out. I'm simple. I just want a simple, clean interface.

So am I going to keep this? I'll admit when I first looked at it and booted it up, I immediately felt a little buyer's remorse. Samsung is not really me, but I can't give up this camera. The fingerprint reader works flawlessly. And I can't wait to start using Samsung Pay MST. So, yea, I'm gonna keep it. I look forward to breaking it in and getting used to this new Samsung phase of my life.
    dc52ltr and Gray Area like this.
    04-14-2015 05:34 PM
    First impressions......
    I like that it's light weight, but I don't. I'm a man. I'm strong. I have big hands. I like the heft of the HTC One m8. But I'll get used to this. Maybe after I throw a case on it, it will be better.

It's not black. It's a dark Navy blueish at some angles. Kind of a turn off. It's not bad, but I was expecting black. Kinda wish I would've gotten the Platinum Gold one now.

The front and sides are super sexy. Like no other phone I've ever seen. The lines and curves remind me of a super car with a glass back or t-tops.

The back......bleh. So bland. And flat. It doesn't match the front at all. The back is boring and the front is show stopping. Again, a nice case should fix this.

Finally, TouchWiz. It's soooo ugly. That turquoise or teal notification shade with the lime green accents....uughh. I checked out a couple themes in the Samsung store and they were almost OK. But they seemed really gimmicky in some areas kind of like Windows 98 Plus themes over Windows. I ended up just installing the Google Now launcher and it is much more tolerable to look at. Still don't like some of the Samsung icons, or the color of the notification shade. But I can live with it. I don't want to go super crazy modding it out. I'm simple. I just want a simple, clean interface.

So am I going to keep this? I'll admit when I first looked at it and booted it up, I immediately felt a little buyer's remorse. Samsung is not really me, but I can't give up this camera. The fingerprint reader works flawlessly. And I can't wait to start using Samsung Pay MST. So, yea, I'm gonna keep it. I look forward to breaking it in and getting used to this new Samsung phase of my life.
    Great story, lol I read it with the feeling that you were gonna return it after being so hyped and then having a few disappointments.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 07:50 PM
    I'm loving the phone but the battery life is also an issue for me. I only got 10 hours out of it yesterday with 3 hours screen on time and brightness set on 20%. I also disable apps I don't use and have the settings as recommended by others... I'm hoping the battery life will get better as the days go on, but we'll see... This is with the Verizon S6.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:38 PM
    Honestly I'm on the fence.

The phone hasn't 'wowed' me much. The screen and camera are excellent, the build is nice but I'm having issues with the software and battery life.

I'm getting inconsistent stutter here and there and lags and hangs in the UI. It happens just enough to be irritating. Also I'm really struggling with battery life. Getting around 3 to 3.5 hours screen time per day and the phone dies by afternoon. Today I've had to leave it on powersaver all day.

It's a great phone, but I'm struggling to justify keeping it. Screen and camera alone aren't enough for me. Kinda need it to last long and the UI stutter annoys me a lot.
    04-15-2015 12:42 AM
    I'm loving the phone but the battery life is also an issue for me. I only got 10 hours out of it yesterday with 3 hours screen on time and brightness set on 20%. I also disable apps I don't use and have the settings as recommended by others... I'm hoping the battery life will get better as the days go on, but we'll see... This is with the Verizon S6.
    This is me too. I love everything about this phone except the battery. I really cant seem to get the 5hrs of screen time that others are getting. My battery does seem to be getting better though after a few adjustments. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update
    lphr0z3nl likes this.
    04-15-2015 12:49 AM
    I'm considering returning it.
    I just saw an article about Samsung admitting issues with the camera.
    So between that and battery life....that's a deal breaker.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 12:59 AM
    I'm considering returning it.
    So between that and battery life....that's a deal breaker.

What issues?
    The camera is great imo
    04-15-2015 01:17 AM
    What issues?
    The camera is great imo
    LED light stays on? I haven't had that yet...

04-15-2015 01:19 AM

The phone hasn't 'wowed' me much. The screen and camera are excellent, the build is nice but I'm having issues with the software and battery life.

I'm getting inconsistent stutter here and there and lags and hangs in the UI. It happens just enough to be irritating. Also I'm really struggling with battery life. Getting around 3 to 3.5 hours screen time per day and the phone dies by afternoon. Today I've had to leave it on powersaver all day.

It's a great phone, but I'm struggling to justify keeping it. Screen and camera alone aren't enough for me. Kinda need it to last long and the UI stutter annoys me a lot.
    Same here

04-15-2015 01:20 AM
    is it as fragile as it seems?
    04-15-2015 02:12 AM

What would be a good alternative?

04-15-2015 02:21 AM
    The S6/S6e really are nice to look at and I, admittedly, do like Samsung phones. However, I'm not returning mine because I won't buy one. Looking at them occasionally, in the store, is way way more than enough for me.

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV
    04-15-2015 04:29 AM
    Samsung did a nice job on this one. Keeper.
    04-15-2015 05:39 AM
    First impressions......

Great feedback but give TouchWiz more than just a test drive. Does it need more work? Sure but it is much smoother and there is no noticeable lag as with past iterations. Did you manage to get the 128GB model? I got the 64GB and have more than 50GB free with all my apps. AT&T owner appear to be having fewer issues.
    04-15-2015 06:26 AM
    The phone itself is great, making even touchwiz tolerable. Everything about it I like, but this battery has me concerned. I purchased it on launch day, and for the first 2 days it was fine. But the last 2 days I have need to charge by noon and then again when I get home. Not sure what is going on, but Google Play Services is chewing up battery. I even tried turning off location and location history and it is still the same. And if that did fix it, I do not want a phone that I have to turn off key features just to make it through the day. As it sits now I am truely on the fence.
    basurtoisaac likes this.
    04-15-2015 06:51 AM

You might have a defective unit. I'd suggest you try to exchange it for a new one before your two weeks are up (that is, if you can do that with your carrier). Then, if it's still an issue return it and wait for the next best phone that comes out.
    04-15-2015 07:10 AM
    Really? The battery/wifi/cell standby is a HUGE issue that's causing plenty of buyer remorse and they comment on the camera? Bad move by Samsung, they should tell everyone to hang in there because a fix is on the way. People like me are on the fence regarding purchasing this or not, now I'm going to wait for the G4 which I really don't want because of its size, they need to take care of this ASAP IMO.
    04-15-2015 07:20 AM
    yea coming from droid turbo where I NEVER worried about battery i think i'm going to have to sell this bad boy. I literally never worried about charging with the turbo. I can remember 1 or two times when traveling, I would quick charge it while in shower before dinner at hotel and have more than enough to go until late night. Also, my phone gets HOT (edge, 64gb and verizon). Uncomfortably hot just downloading some aps and listening to music yesterday outside. Hope these issues are resolved for the masses that purchased this phone's sake, but I don't think I will be around to wait and see. Maybe G4 might be worth a shot...never had G3, but G2 was a HELL of a phone..
    04-15-2015 07:24 AM
    yea coming from droid turbo where I NEVER worried about battery i think i'm going to have to sell this bad boy. I literally never worried about charging with the turbo. I can remember 1 or two times when traveling, I would quick charge it while in shower before dinner at hotel and have more than enough to go until late night. Also, my phone gets HOT (edge, 64gb and verizon). Uncomfortably hot just downloading some aps and listening to music yesterday outside. Hope these issues are resolved for the masses that purchased this phone's sake, but I don't think I will be around to wait and see. Maybe G4 might be worth a shot...never had G3, but G2 was a HELL of a phone..
    Why did you let go of the Turbo for the S6?

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV
    04-15-2015 08:15 AM
    I am 90% sure I am going to keep it. I have good battery life and no camera issues that I can see. I have an iPhone 6 plus, so not sure I should spend the money. I do like notifications on Android much better. Form factor is easier to carry.

basurtoisaac likes this.
    04-15-2015 08:29 AM
376 12345 ...