View Poll Results: Will you be returning your S6?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm definitely keeping it.

60 69.77%
  • Yes, I'm definitely returning it.

12 13.95%
  • I'm not sure (Still on the fence)

14 16.28%
06-01-2015 11:29 PM
376 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Thank you for that post. Really appreciate it.

I still haven't decided on returning it. The camera and screen are excellent. Plus I've had the HTC for so long I really want a phone with a good camera and the S6 looks to be it.

However I hate how certain users watch over threads like a hawk and instantly try to dismiss peoples comments and their issues with the phone. Makes these boards less enjoyable to participate in.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    I just disagree with you. Nothing wrong with that. Just as you have a right to relay your experiences, I have the right to relay mine.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-16-2015 09:09 AM
    Will this issue be fixed with an update if I wait it out? I just worry that it's a defective phone. I think that I could be okay with a charge near the end of the day. I guess I could do that once a day and be good until I charge at night.
    I can't imagine they'd let this go without fixing it, especially since it's an Android issue, not a Samsung issue. This phone isn't for everyone. It's not going to be a heavy user's dream, but it also all depends on whether you're willing or able to throw it on a charger for 30 minutes once a day. I haven't had to do that yet, but I can imagine some people will.

04-16-2015 09:14 AM
    Your usage is almost exactly like mine but I get no where near these stats. I don't understand how the battery can be so different. Very frustrating.
    I would be frustrated too. It seems to vary wildly based on carrier. Of course if your phone is having a hard time trying to maintain a decent signal that will be a major drain on the battery also. I saw you were considering the Note 4. You really can't go wrong with that device. I still have mine and if by some very slight chance I don't stick with the S6 it will be because I miss the extra screen real estate, s-pen, and bigger battery of the Note 4.
    04-16-2015 09:20 AM
    I would be frustrated too. It seems to vary wildly based on carrier. Of course if your phone is having a hard time trying to maintain a decent signal that will be a major drain on the battery also. I saw you were considering the Note 4. You really can't go wrong with that device. I still have mine and if by some very slight chance I don't stick with the S6 it will be because I miss the extra screen real estate, s-pen, and bigger battery of the Note 4.
    It will be a tough decision...do I want to spend an extra $100 for the note 4 in hopes it will last all day without a charge or do I want to just bring my wireless charger to work and charge my S6 once a day to get me through the day? IDK But I am leaning towards the S6. I like the wireless charging capability and I also like the double tap feature for the camera...I am an EXTENSIVE camera user. I also like not spending the extra $100...but I will have to think about it.
    04-16-2015 09:27 AM
    It will be a tough decision...do I want to spend an extra $100 for the note 4 in hopes it will last all day without a charge or do I want to just bring my wireless charger to work and charge my S6 once a day to get me through the day? IDK But I am leaning towards the S6. I like the wireless charging capability and I also like the double tap feature for the camera...I am an EXTENSIVE camera user. I also like not spending the extra $100...but I will have to think about it.
    I love the double tap command to open the camera. Having 2 young children I can't begin to say how much I appreciate this feature. The wireless charging is great. Most of the time I'm in my office I just leave it laying on a wireless charging pad. I've yet to be in a situation where battery has been an issue.
    HMBgal likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:30 AM
    If any iPhone users are looking at this thread they are probably laughing their butts off reading all the things we have to do to Android phones to get decent battery life. I personally am ok with the battery life im getting with the S6 but I agree with many here that in 2015 you still shouldn't have to do so much tweaking and disabling on a phone to get it to last a full day. Android and Samsung phones have come a long way but in some areas not far enough.
    04-16-2015 09:40 AM
    I love the double tap command to open the camera. Having 2 young children I can't begin to say how much I appreciate this feature. The wireless charging is great. Most of the time I'm in my office I just leave it laying on a wireless charging pad. I've yet to be in a situation where battery has been an issue.
    I had to charge my Nexus 6 towards the end of the day, usually around 7-8PM, but 20 minutes usually bought me enough juice for the rest of the night. I don't have to do that with my S6. Still love that phone. Really love that phone, actually. I wasn't sure I'd be cool with the S6, but I haven't had any tradeoffs besides the smaller display. The Nexus 6 is still a touch quicker as far as the UI is concerned, but that's just stock Lollipop being stock Lollipop.

Give me an S6 Edge GPE with Samsung's camera app/software and I'd be all over it.

04-16-2015 09:41 AM
    If any iPhone users are looking at this thread they are probably laughing their butts off reading all the things we have to do to Android phones to get decent battery life. I personally am ok with the battery life im getting with the S6 but I agree with many here that in 2015 you still shouldn't have to do so much tweaking and disabling on a phone to get it to last a full day. Android and Samsung phones have come a long way but in some areas not far enough.
    I still didnt have good battery life with my iPhone 6....maybe my idea of good is not what everyone else thinks. It was about the same as my s6.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-16-2015 10:03 AM
    The battery is what makes it difficult for me. I could use my iPhone 6 Plus for a day and a half without charging and heavy use. With this I'm needing a charge on day 1 by around 3pm with moderate to light use. And I'm only achieving this by crippling my phone which includes no wifi or location services, which is probably going to be a deal breaker.
    04-16-2015 10:12 AM
    The battery is what makes it difficult for me. I could use my iPhone 6 Plus for a day and a half without charging and heavy use. With this I'm needing a charge on day 1 by around 3pm with moderate to light use. And I'm only achieving this by crippling my phone which includes no wifi or location services, which is probably going to be a deal breaker.
    That shouldn't be the case - I have WiFi and location services on, and I am getting 18 hours with 4 hours SOT. There is something going on - you shouldn't have to charge at 3 pm with light to moderate use, unless your "moderate use" is way beyond what I would consider moderate.
    04-16-2015 10:39 AM
    Galaxy S6 battery life bad? This update might help http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy...ate-might-help

Article published today at Android Central.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-16-2015 11:20 AM
    Galaxy S6 battery life bad? This update might help Galaxy S6 battery life bad? This update might help | Android Central

I'm not optimistic about this update to Samsung Push Services. I've had Samsung Services not turned on and I'm having issues.
    04-16-2015 11:49 AM
    Galaxy S6 battery life bad? This update might help http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy...ate-might-help

So that's what that was. Interesting. I'll have to see how it affects me on a full charge cycle tomorrow.

04-16-2015 12:34 PM
    So that's what that was. Interesting. I'll have to see how it affects me on a full charge cycle tomorrow.

How do we check Samsung Services status?

04-16-2015 12:36 PM
    How do we check Samsung Services status?

You can search for it on Google Play. Otherwise it's in Application Manager.

04-16-2015 01:38 PM
    It's like a Ferrari that will only drive to the end of your road. Shame huh. At least it's nice to look at? "You're using it wrong?"

On a serious note, Samsung really need to address this. Some people on here are in denial that there is nothing wrong and it's the user's fault for not figuring out the cause of battery drain. This forum is littered with battery issues. This is not acceptable in 2015 for such an expensive and premium device.
    04-16-2015 02:02 PM
    I have a SG6 Edge 128GB........& It went back to the AT&T Store 15 minutes ago. In this day and age I shouldn't have to tweak a device to death to get decent performance and battery life. I shouldn't have a Jekyll and Hyde device in the year 2015. This is 2015 and by now Google should have learned to make an efficient and decently laid out OS. Everyone else can keep this POS device as I won't put up with a device that has to be tweaked to death for good battery life.
    So what did you trade it for?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 02:10 PM
    In addition to the battery life, I'm getting a lot of stuttering when I scroll on Chrome. I think this has been discussed as well. Has anyone found a good browser that doesn't hang on the S6? If I can't resolve this, the battery life/Chrome combo would be too much to overcome and I can't hope that it gets resolved in the future, as the return window passes.
    04-16-2015 02:22 PM
    So what did you trade it for?

Nothing I just returned it and will stick with what I already have. Basically a buyers remorse return.
    04-16-2015 02:30 PM
    In addition to the battery life, I'm getting a lot of stuttering when I scroll on Chrome. I think this has been discussed as well. Has anyone found a good browser that doesn't hang on the S6? If I can't resolve this, the battery life/Chrome combo would be too much to overcome and I can't hope that it gets resolved in the future, as the return window passes.
    Good advise I was told was to buy a phone for now and not the updates later. Updates guarantee nothing performance wise in the future. That's why I didn't hesitate on returning mine.
    KJ78 likes this.
    04-16-2015 02:32 PM
    Good advise I was told was to buy a phone for now and not the updates later. Updates guarantee nothing performance wise in the future. That's why I didn't hesitate on returning mine.
    I just returned mine...Wi-Fi was wonky. Got the LG g3

04-16-2015 02:56 PM
    I just returned mine...Wi-Fi was wonky. Got the LG g3

If your old phone was still good I would have waited to see what others have later on down the line.
    04-16-2015 04:13 PM
    If your old phone was still good I would have waited to see what others have later on down the line.
    I like the LG. I sold my other phone.

04-16-2015 04:17 PM
    It's like a Ferrari that will only drive to the end of your road. Shame huh. At least it's nice to look at? "You're using it wrong?"

On a serious note, Samsung really need to address this. Some people on here are in denial that there is nothing wrong and it's the user's fault for not figuring out the cause of battery drain. This forum is littered with battery issues. This is not acceptable in 2015 for such an expensive and premium device.
    You went to a different Ferrari dealership because not all of us are experiencing the same issue. If we disagree, we're in denial? People in glass houses shouldn't be chucking rocks. Dialogue usually involves two or more where opinions are respected but not in agreement.

04-16-2015 04:18 PM
    I like the LG. I sold my other phone.

I understand the need
    04-16-2015 04:18 PM
376 ... 678910 ...