Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering returning it.
I just saw an article about Samsung admitting issues with the camera.
So between that and battery life....that's a deal breaker.

Posted via the Android Central App

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I'm on the fence.

The phone hasn't 'wowed' me much. The screen and camera are excellent, the build is nice but I'm having issues with the software and battery life.

I'm getting inconsistent stutter here and there and lags and hangs in the UI. It happens just enough to be irritating. Also I'm really struggling with battery life. Getting around 3 to 3.5 hours screen time per day and the phone dies by afternoon. Today I've had to leave it on powersaver all day.

It's a great phone, but I'm struggling to justify keeping it. Screen and camera alone aren't enough for me. Kinda need it to last long and the UI stutter annoys me a lot.

Same here

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The phone hasn't 'wowed' me much. The screen and camera are excellent, the build is nice but I'm having issues with the software and battery life.

I'm getting inconsistent stutter here and there and lags and hangs in the UI. It happens just enough to be irritating. Also I'm really struggling with battery life. Getting around 3 to 3.5 hours screen time per day and the phone dies by afternoon. Today I've had to leave it on powersaver all day.

It's a great phone, but I'm struggling to justify keeping it. Screen and camera alone aren't enough for me. Kinda need it to last long and the UI stutter annoys me a lot.

What would be a good alternative?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The S6/S6e really are nice to look at and I, admittedly, do like Samsung phones. However, I'm not returning mine because I won't buy one. Looking at them occasionally, in the store, is way way more than enough for me.

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
First impressions......
I like that it's light weight, but I don't. I'm a man. I'm strong. I have big hands. I like the heft of the HTC One m8. But I'll get used to this. Maybe after I throw a case on it, it will be better.

It's not black. It's a dark Navy blueish at some angles. Kind of a turn off. It's not bad, but I was expecting black. Kinda wish I would've gotten the Platinum Gold one now.

The front and sides are super sexy. Like no other phone I've ever seen. The lines and curves remind me of a super car with a glass back or t-tops.

The back......bleh. So bland. And flat. It doesn't match the front at all. The back is boring and the front is show stopping. Again, a nice case should fix this.

Finally, TouchWiz. It's soooo ugly. That turquoise or teal notification shade with the lime green accents....uughh. I checked out a couple themes in the Samsung store and they were almost OK. But they seemed really gimmicky in some areas kind of like Windows 98 Plus themes over Windows. I ended up just installing the Google Now launcher and it is much more tolerable to look at. Still don't like some of the Samsung icons, or the color of the notification shade. But I can live with it. I don't want to go super crazy modding it out. I'm simple. I just want a simple, clean interface.

So am I going to keep this? I'll admit when I first looked at it and booted it up, I immediately felt a little buyer's remorse. Samsung is not really me, but I can't give up this camera. The fingerprint reader works flawlessly. And I can't wait to start using Samsung Pay MST. So, yea, I'm gonna keep it. I look forward to breaking it in and getting used to this new Samsung phase of my life.

Great feedback but give TouchWiz more than just a test drive. Does it need more work? Sure but it is much smoother and there is no noticeable lag as with past iterations. Did you manage to get the 128GB model? I got the 64GB and have more than 50GB free with all my apps. AT&T owner appear to be having fewer issues.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The phone itself is great, making even touchwiz tolerable. Everything about it I like, but this battery has me concerned. I purchased it on launch day, and for the first 2 days it was fine. But the last 2 days I have need to charge by noon and then again when I get home. Not sure what is going on, but Google Play Services is chewing up battery. I even tried turning off location and location history and it is still the same. And if that did fix it, I do not want a phone that I have to turn off key features just to make it through the day. As it sits now I am truely on the fence.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

You might have a defective unit. I'd suggest you try to exchange it for a new one before your two weeks are up (that is, if you can do that with your carrier). Then, if it's still an issue return it and wait for the next best phone that comes out.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just saw an article about Samsung admitting issues with the camera.

Really? The battery/wifi/cell standby is a HUGE issue that's causing plenty of buyer remorse and they comment on the camera? Bad move by Samsung, they should tell everyone to hang in there because a fix is on the way. People like me are on the fence regarding purchasing this or not, now I'm going to wait for the G4 which I really don't want because of its size, they need to take care of this ASAP IMO.

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
yea coming from droid turbo where I NEVER worried about battery i think i'm going to have to sell this bad boy. I literally never worried about charging with the turbo. I can remember 1 or two times when traveling, I would quick charge it while in shower before dinner at hotel and have more than enough to go until late night. Also, my phone gets HOT (edge, 64gb and verizon). Uncomfortably hot just downloading some aps and listening to music yesterday outside. Hope these issues are resolved for the masses that purchased this phone's sake, but I don't think I will be around to wait and see. Maybe G4 might be worth a shot...never had G3, but G2 was a HELL of a phone..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
yea coming from droid turbo where I NEVER worried about battery i think i'm going to have to sell this bad boy. I literally never worried about charging with the turbo. I can remember 1 or two times when traveling, I would quick charge it while in shower before dinner at hotel and have more than enough to go until late night. Also, my phone gets HOT (edge, 64gb and verizon). Uncomfortably hot just downloading some aps and listening to music yesterday outside. Hope these issues are resolved for the masses that purchased this phone's sake, but I don't think I will be around to wait and see. Maybe G4 might be worth a shot...never had G3, but G2 was a HELL of a phone..
Why did you let go of the Turbo for the S6?

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I am 90% sure I am going to keep it. I have good battery life and no camera issues that I can see. I have an iPhone 6 plus, so not sure I should spend the money. I do like notifications on Android much better. Form factor is easier to carry.

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Why did you let go of the Turbo for the S6?

I didn't...I still have turbo just wanted to try the 6. I'll switch back when I sell....Design and weight/camera are no question better than turbo. That's about all though and not worth a 400.00 purchase

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am 90% sure I am going to keep it. I have good battery life and no camera issues that I can see. I have an iPhone 6 plus, so not sure I should spend the money. I do like notifications on Android much better. Form factor is easier to carry.

Surely the battery in 6 plus is MUCH better than s6 right?

pwiddy

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
yea thats my main issue with the S6...it's 2015. We shouldn't have to be worried about having chargers around us at all times to get through a day with light to moderate use. It's inexcusable.... And I also don't want to hear about how they "optimized the processor to get better battery life"....bs. Put a larger battery in and be done with it. If it didn't fit the design, do better....re-engineer. I don't even care if it's a little thicker/heavier. Well worth it to me....the thought of people carrying around battery packs in 2015 in their daily lives is ridiculous. /end rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney