Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Given all that Samsung accomplished in a year, I am sure the same could be said of the GS6 as it matures so let's see what happens.

Yup, but newer isn't always better. This is an exynos chip that hasn't seen the light of day in the U.S. before and the modem and radios they are using with it isn't as tried and proven as the snapdragon lte combos we have seen. There's a possibility that all of these battery and cell standby issues are a hardware issue and there's just no fix for that. Alternatively it could just be minor bugs that a software issue fixes right up, but I don't think it's fair for someone to spend that much on a phone and hope that software updates can fix whatever they aren't happy with. M8 is great out of the box and stays great, yes it's an older platform and more mature but it took a long time to get there, the old Qualcomm chips used to be awful. These new exynos might need a few more generations to reach that level, regardless of what benchmarks say.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is going back tomorrow. Not due to phone but I paid full price to ATT, I am not a subscriber and they are declining my unlock request through website. They also pulled the one drive 100gb gift dorm Samsung.

Ian B

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yup, but newer isn't always better. This is an exynos chip that hasn't seen the light of day in the U.S. before and the modem and radios they are using with it isn't as tried and proven as the snapdragon lte combos we have seen. There's a possibility that all of these battery and cell standby issues are a hardware issue and there's just no fix for that. Alternatively it could just be minor bugs that a software issue fixes right up, but I don't think it's fair for someone to spend that much on a phone and hope that software updates can fix whatever they aren't happy with. M8 is great out of the box and stays great, yes it's an older platform and more mature but it took a long time to get there, the old Qualcomm chips used to be awful. These new exynos might need a few more generations to reach that level, regardless of what benchmarks say.

It isn't hardware related. This bug is common in Lollipop and affects other devices, including my Nexus 6.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I'm just comparing my new S6 to the phone I have had and used prior to it. And for me battery and performance I'd have to give to the HTC.

Sure my experiences with performance and battery life aren't indicative of everyone's experiences, and that would be good otherwise everyone would be disappointed with the battery/performance.

This thread was about people who are considering returning their S6 and based off my experience with the phone so far, that's something I'm considering.

The thread is not for you or other posters to constantly shut down people who voice their issues with the phone.

Sent from my SM-G920I
Your criticisms are totally valid and some idiots on here ARE trying to shut you down. If you have an M8 and an S6 side by side, and in your experience the former was stutter free and had better battery, then that's as hard evidence as you need. Why would a general article online sway you another way when you have specifically confirmed your experience.

Some people are just hurt you're criticising their dear smartphone. It's silly. It's a piece of metal designed to serve a customer. That's all. Be done with these stupid loyalties. And no it's totally unreasonable to expect a Samsung update to fix these issues. It's an incredibly expensive device. Why take such a chance for an update that may or may not fix the issues? My advice, return it whilst you can and pick it up later if things improve after the supposed updates. That's sensible, not holding on to a potential hole in your pocket. You have to decide whether you can live with the device 'as is' in it's current state, not on a fairytale state in 3 months time.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Your criticisms are totally valid and some idiots on here ARE trying to shut you down. If you have an M8 and an S6 side by side, and in your experience the former was stutter free and had better battery, then that's as hard evidence as you need. Why would a general article online sway you another way when you have specifically confirmed your experience.

Some people are just hurt you're criticising their dear smartphone. It's silly. It's a piece of metal designed to serve a customer. That's all. Be done with these stupid loyalties. And no it's totally unreasonable to expect a Samsung update to fix these issues. It's an incredibly expensive device. Why take such a chance for an update that may or may not fix the issues? My advice, return it whilst you can and pick it up later if things improve after the supposed updates. That's sensible, not holding on to a potential hole in your pocket. You have to decide whether you can live with the device 'as is' in it's current state, not on a fairytale state in 3 months time.

Wow could not have said it better, sometimes we frequent forums to get help or a read user experiences with the device, but there are a lot of defenders of the device who worship the ground the company is on they discredit everyone else's opinion or problems, their devices are bionic compared to everyones.it is just a phone and if your not happy with it return it regardless to how many have been sold or the loyalists who try to convince you you are crazy, Samsung has never been a great service support company as I have dealt with them in the past with electronics.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow could not have said it better, sometimes we frequent forums to get help or a read user experiences with the device, but there are a lot of defenders of the device who worship the ground the company is on they discredit everyone else's opinion or problems, their devices are bionic compared to everyones.it is just a phone and if your not happy with it return it regardless to how many have been sold or the loyalists who try to convince you you are crazy, Samsung has never been a great service support company as I have dealt with them in the past with electronics.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
It happens. Some people are personally connected to their phones. I can only infer that's because they are used so much.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
To me, five percent battery drain from checking facevook. Time hop. Email. In less than an hour is not acceptable. I might return. Or have to get a battery case.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I am not an expert but I am betting that Korea having the highest overall per capita use and ownership of electronic devices in the world, there is some experience to be had there as well as the other international market where the hardware you talk about has been used before at least from the chipset perspective although granted not this one since it is new. I would bet that there is a better than average chance that it is a Lollipop issue and not hardware. That's not to say that we can't rule it out.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
To me, five percent battery drain from checking facevook. Time hop. Email. In less than an hour is not acceptable. I might return. Or have to get a battery case.

Could part of it be your carrier? Five minutes is hardly a good test. How is it overall through an entire day. If it a lollipop issue, it would affect more than just the GS6.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Could part of it be your carrier? Five minutes is hardly a good test. How is it overall through an entire day. If it a lollipop issue, it would affect more than just the GS6.

I can barely get 3 (usually less) of screen time. The phone will be dead by around 430...taking from charger (100%) at 5:30 am. Wifi connection but standby problem is gone. This decrease in battery has been happening since the day I got it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Because of a Lollipop bug that even the Nexus 6 is susceptible to. I wouldn't be surprised if the M8, now that it's on Lollipop, doesn't have similar issues. For those of us not suffering from that issue, thus having the battery life the S6 is capable of, it's better than the M8. Which isn't a surprise given the superior/more efficient hardware and the same size battery (I'm using the Edge).

The M8 running Lollipop STILL has great battery life. I think it has more to do with the 64bit chip in the M9 and S6 not being optimized for Lollipop to be honest. It has about the same battery as the S6 2,550 vs M8 2,600 and it does crush it. That's just a fact.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
lol 20+ hours with 4.5 on screen time easily??? sounds like absolute bull**** unless you literally do nothing on your phone.
Orly? I average close to 4.5 and have been getting closer to 5 lately. Stream Spotify on commute to and from work, check Facebook/twitter several times, text probably 75 times a day, 2 email accounts synching hourly plus gmail, 15-20 minutes talk a day, a few YouTube videos, browsing on chrome beta, and Tapatalk. Don't tell people that what they say is BS just because its not your experience.
314566c51c8f30a10fa0cd4d2ac34632.jpg
0439041a6dd2872872396e2460883e67.jpg
8b14a1e4ed580885d101efca58e85987.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The M8 running Lollipop STILL has great battery life. I think it has more to do with the 64bit chip in the M9 and S6 not being optimized for Lollipop to be honest. It has about the same battery as the S6 2,550 vs M8 2,600 and it does crush it. That's just a fact.

The S6 not being optimized for Lollipop? What? You're basing your claim on whether or not people are complaining about battery life on the M8 forums. An S6 that isn't affected by the Lollipop issue that affects WiFi/cell standby, and there's plenty here, outperforms the M8 in battery life. End of story. The M8 wasn't, and isn't, some battery life champ.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The S6 not being optimized for Lollipop? What? You're basing your claim on whether or not people are complaining about battery life on the M8 forums. An S6 that isn't affected by the Lollipop issue that affects WiFi/cell standby, and there's plenty here, outperforms the M8 in battery life. End of story. The M8 wasn't, and isn't, some battery life champ.

Wow. The denial is strong with you. Ok. I'll let you live in whatever fairy tale land you are in and I will live in the real world.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow. The denial is strong with you. Ok. I'll let you live in whatever fairy tale land you are in and I will live in the real world.

The only people living in a fairy tale world are the people who are holding onto the M8 for dear life because HTC wet the bed this year and Samsung didn't. You've got people posting screens without cell standby as a battery drain with 5 hours on screen time with their S6's, but you'd rather look at the people with negative experiences so far because it suits your argument.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Orly? I average close to 4.5 and have been getting closer to 5 lately. Stream Spotify on commute to and from work, check Facebook/twitter several times, text probably 75 times a day, 2 email accounts synching hourly plus gmail, 15-20 minutes talk a day, a few YouTube videos, browsing on chrome beta, and Tapatalk. Don't tell people that what they say is BS just because its not your experience. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/16/314566c51c8f30a10fa0cd4d2ac34632.jpg //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/16/0439041a6dd2872872396e2460883e67.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/16/8b14a1e4ed580885d101efca58e85987.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Your usage is almost exactly like mine but I get no where near these stats. I don't understand how the battery can be so different. Very frustrating.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The only people living in a fairy tale world are the people who are holding onto the M8 for dear life because HTC wet the bed this year and Samsung didn't. You've got people posting screens without cell standby as a battery drain with 5 hours on screen time with their S6's, but you'd rather look at the people with negative experiences so far because it suits your argument.

HTC is lost, I'd be surprised if they're in business for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood