Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The only people living in a fairy tale world are the people who are holding onto the M8 for dear life because HTC wet the bed this year and Samsung didn't. You've got people posting screens without cell standby as a battery drain with 5 hours on screen time with their S6's, but you'd rather look at the people with negative experiences so far because it suits your argument.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

The argument is tech is suppose to progress forward and not just in a spec chase. The fact that the performance and battery life of a year old device is comparable to a brand new one is not good. This applies not only to the S6 but the M9 as well. You see, I can be critical of any OEM and Google. You on the other hand just keep making excuses for Samsung.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The argument is tech is suppose to progress forward and not just in a spec chase. The fact that the performance and battery life of a year old device is comparable to a brand new one is not good. This applies not only to the S6 but the M9 as well. You see, I can be critical of any OEM and Google. You on the other hand just keep making excuses for Samsung.

I agree with everything you just said, actually. I'm just not willing to say the M8 outperforms the S6 in those areas. Because it doesn't. That's it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree with everything you just said, actually. I'm just not willing to say the M8 outperforms the S6 in those areas. Because they don't. That's it.

LOL. Then you actually don't agree with everything. Let's just agree to disagree at this point since people with first hand experience with both handsets are telling you something to the contrary and you are summarily dismissing it because it doesn't fall into your paradigm.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Then you actually don't agree with everything. Let's just agree to disagree at this point since people with first hand experience with both handsets are telling you something to the contrary and you are summarily dismissing it because it doesn't fall into your paradigm.

One person who happens to have drastically less battery life than I, or others, do. Yeah we can agree to disagree. I owned the M8. I've played extensively with the M9 under my own sim to test it out and it's faster than the M8. My S6 is faster than the M9. Sorry if that hurts the HTC fan's feelings, but a spade is a spade. If you want to see even just the app opening part of that, go look for speed comparisons between the two. It's not really close.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I completely agree but I need a phone to last me from 6 am until 10 at night without having to worry about finding a charger.

I think you need a new phone. Perhaps the Note series or Xperia Z3. A charger case is a bandage....an ugly one at that. Or invest in wiresless chargers and in-car chargers so you're charging wherever you go.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think you need a new phone. Perhaps the Note series or Xperia Z3. A charger case is a bandage....an ugly one at that. Or invest in wiresless chargers and in-car chargers so you're charging wherever you go.

I did think about the Note 4. I haven't done much research though. Wonder if the camera is as nice. I also wonder if I am chasing an impossible dream. I know I am a heavy user but one would think that it would be possible in 2015....IDK....

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I did think about the Note 4. I haven't done much research though. Wonder if the camera is as nice. I also wonder if I am chasing an impossible dream. I know I am a heavy user but one would think that it would be possible in 2015....IDK....

That's a tough choice. The Note is going to be a decent choice due to the initial battery life/the ability to swap it out for a new one. Fantastic camera, too. It's very close to what we have in the S6. The G3 or the upcoming G4 might be good choices for you, too. Solid battery life, removable battery, and it's got a great camera. The G4 may improve on all of that.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The only people living in a fairy tale world are the people who are holding onto the M8 for dear life because HTC wet the bed this year and Samsung didn't. You've got people posting screens without cell standby as a battery drain with 5 hours on screen time with their S6's, but you'd rather look at the people with negative experiences so far because it suits your argument.

Game. Set. Match.

No one is shutting anyone down. So what I seem to be hearing is that if someone posts rubbish and we disagree with it. That equates to shutting down? Dialogue by definition requires at least two viewpoints. Fans of other devices spouting fan boy comments not backed up by facts need to called out. I would expect same and am not offended. If I get offended, ignore list.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's a tough choice. The Note is going to be a decent choice due to the initial battery life/the ability to swap it out for a new one. Fantastic camera, too. It's very close to what we have in the S6. The G3 or the upcoming G4 might be good choices for you, too. Solid battery life, removable battery, and it's got a great camera. The G4 may improve on all of that.

I am looking to get something right now. I don't want to wait around. I think I might return the s6 and give the note 4 a try. I do like that with the s6 I can just double tap to get the camera. What about the edge, I see you are using that. Battery life much better than the s6? Should this be something I should consider. urghhh.... Thanks for your help!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Your criticisms are totally valid and some idiots on here ARE trying to shut you down. If you have an M8 and an S6 side by side, and in your experience the former was stutter free and had better battery, then that's as hard evidence as you need. Why would a general article online sway you another way when you have specifically confirmed your experience.

Some people are just hurt you're criticising their dear smartphone. It's silly. It's a piece of metal designed to serve a customer. That's all. Be done with these stupid loyalties. And no it's totally unreasonable to expect a Samsung update to fix these issues. It's an incredibly expensive device. Why take such a chance for an update that may or may not fix the issues? My advice, return it whilst you can and pick it up later if things improve after the supposed updates. That's sensible, not holding on to a potential hole in your pocket. You have to decide whether you can live with the device 'as is' in it's current state, not on a fairytale state in 3 months time.
Thank you for that post. Really appreciate it.

I still haven't decided on returning it. The camera and screen are excellent. Plus I've had the HTC for so long I really want a phone with a good camera and the S6 looks to be it.

However I hate how certain users watch over threads like a hawk and instantly try to dismiss peoples comments and their issues with the phone. Makes these boards less enjoyable to participate in.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to get something right now. I don't want to wait around. I think I might return the s6 and give the note 4 a try. I do like that with the s6 I can just double tap to get the camera. What about the edge, I see you are using that. Battery life much better than the s6? Should this be something I should consider. urghhh.... Thanks for your help!

I can't guarantee that. It's literally 50 mah bigger. All I can say is that the devices that aren't afflicted with the cell standby issue, mine included, are getting substantially better battery life than those that are. This is a Lollipop issue, not a Samsung issue. The Note 4 is an awesome phone and I would recommend it to anyone okay with the size. I'd also recommend the G3. It's just tough because you're giving up a lot of the positives the S6 has.

My Nexus 6 is stricken with the cell standby crap and was draining a lot quicker than before. It's unfortunate, but it affects other devices, not just the S6.

Attachments

• download_20150415_125617.jpg
    download_20150415_125617.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 76

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I can't guarantee that. It's literally 50 mah bigger. All I can say is that the devices that aren't afflicted with the cell standby issue, mine included, are getting substantially better battery life than those that are. This is a Lollipop issue, not a Samsung issue. The Note 4 is an awesome phone and I would recommend it to anyone okay with the size. I'd also recommend the G3. It's just tough because you're giving up a lot of the positives the S6 has.

My Nexus 6 is stricken with the cell standby crap and was draining a lot quicker than before. It's unfortunate, but it affects other devices, not just the S6.

Will this issue be fixed with an update if I wait it out? I just worry that it's a defective phone. I think that I could be okay with a charge near the end of the day. I guess I could do that once a day and be good until I charge at night.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for that post. Really appreciate it.

I still haven't decided on returning it. The camera and screen are excellent. Plus I've had the HTC for so long I really want a phone with a good camera and the S6 looks to be it.

However I hate how certain users watch over threads like a hawk and instantly try to dismiss peoples comments and their issues with the phone. Makes these boards less enjoyable to participate in.

Sent from my SM-G920I

I just disagree with you. Nothing wrong with that. Just as you have a right to relay your experiences, I have the right to relay mine.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Will this issue be fixed with an update if I wait it out? I just worry that it's a defective phone. I think that I could be okay with a charge near the end of the day. I guess I could do that once a day and be good until I charge at night.

I can't imagine they'd let this go without fixing it, especially since it's an Android issue, not a Samsung issue. This phone isn't for everyone. It's not going to be a heavy user's dream, but it also all depends on whether you're willing or able to throw it on a charger for 30 minutes once a day. I haven't had to do that yet, but I can imagine some people will.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Your usage is almost exactly like mine but I get no where near these stats. I don't understand how the battery can be so different. Very frustrating.

I would be frustrated too. It seems to vary wildly based on carrier. Of course if your phone is having a hard time trying to maintain a decent signal that will be a major drain on the battery also. I saw you were considering the Note 4. You really can't go wrong with that device. I still have mine and if by some very slight chance I don't stick with the S6 it will be because I miss the extra screen real estate, s-pen, and bigger battery of the Note 4.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I would be frustrated too. It seems to vary wildly based on carrier. Of course if your phone is having a hard time trying to maintain a decent signal that will be a major drain on the battery also. I saw you were considering the Note 4. You really can't go wrong with that device. I still have mine and if by some very slight chance I don't stick with the S6 it will be because I miss the extra screen real estate, s-pen, and bigger battery of the Note 4.

It will be a tough decision...do I want to spend an extra $100 for the note 4 in hopes it will last all day without a charge or do I want to just bring my wireless charger to work and charge my S6 once a day to get me through the day? IDK But I am leaning towards the S6. I like the wireless charging capability and I also like the double tap feature for the camera...I am an EXTENSIVE camera user. I also like not spending the extra $100...but I will have to think about it.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It will be a tough decision...do I want to spend an extra $100 for the note 4 in hopes it will last all day without a charge or do I want to just bring my wireless charger to work and charge my S6 once a day to get me through the day? IDK But I am leaning towards the S6. I like the wireless charging capability and I also like the double tap feature for the camera...I am an EXTENSIVE camera user. I also like not spending the extra $100...but I will have to think about it.

I love the double tap command to open the camera. Having 2 young children I can't begin to say how much I appreciate this feature. The wireless charging is great. Most of the time I'm in my office I just leave it laying on a wireless charging pad. I've yet to be in a situation where battery has been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.