Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Went from an AT&T iPhone 6 plus to a T-Mobile Galaxy s6. Liked a lot of things about it but the battery life ruined it for me. Went back to a T-Mobile iPhone 6 plus. I tried though! I wanted to like it !

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Went from an AT&T iPhone 6 plus to a T-Mobile Galaxy s6. Liked a lot of things about it but the battery life ruined it for me. Went back to a T-Mobile iPhone 6 plus. I tried though! I wanted to like it !

at least u tried

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

happy2000hk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Nope, sticking with my 64gb S6. I'm reserving judgment on battery since its only Day 3 and I'm in a office all day so the hell with battery life. I need more time with my friends and family.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Same for me..lol. Testing T Mobile vs ATT w the s6. But I just went back to my unlocked Nexus 6 I was using on att. So I'll same lots $'s.
Now that I'm back I prefer 5.5+ screens and I appreciate the n6 so much now.

If they do a note 5 like the s6 but with significantly better battery, I'll be all over it. That s6 camera is unbelievable..

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't help but laugh at the people who returned this phone based on battery life within 6 days of it officially being released. Good stuff.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't help but laugh at the people who returned this phone based on battery life within 6 days of it officially being released. Good stuff.

If we only have 14 days there's a danger in waiting. You could forget to return it by day 14 or damage it accidentally.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If we only have 14 days there's a danger in waiting. You could forget to return it by day 14 or damage it accidentally.

Or you could research why the battery isn't performing well and find out it's a software issue that can be fixed. It's too early to tell, but they may have fixed it as early as last night.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Or you could research why the battery isn't performing well and find out it's a software issue that can be fixed. It's too early to tell, but they may have fixed it as early as last night.

That's why patience is a virtue. Hopefully, fewer will think the sky is falling and return devices with the issue fixed.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The battery is what makes it difficult for me. I could use my iPhone 6 Plus for a day and a half without charging and heavy use. With this I'm needing a charge on day 1 by around 3pm with moderate to light use. And I'm only achieving this by crippling my phone which includes no wifi or location services, which is probably going to be a deal breaker.
Don't think you can really compare this to an iPhone 6+. This isn't the phablet sized android phone. If you want android and amazing battery life that outlasted my iPhone 6+ then get an xperia z3. Very good camera also.

I think you'd have to compare the S6 to the non plus iPhone. Which seems to be comparing well for most people.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't even have a samsung account and have disabled everything I can. Its not likely this fix is what is causing my issues. And its still boils down too I paid $850 for this phone. I shouldn't have **** around with 100 settings to get decent battery life in 2015.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Even with my battery only lasting 7 or 8 hours I think I'm keeping it it must be how I use phones bc my iPhone 6 got same battery life. I'll just need to keep a charger at work or car.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

So we are supposed to just wait and hope that it gets fixed ? What if it doesn't ? I tried and it didn't work out for me. I wanted to love it. But didn't. Still not as smooth as the iPhone either. There were definitely some hiccups with my s6 but maybe it was just my unit. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So we are supposed to just wait and hope that it gets fixed ? What if it doesn't ? I tried and it didn't work out for me. I wanted to love it. But didn't. Still not as smooth as the iPhone either. There were definitely some hiccups with my s6 but maybe it was just my unit. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

No I'm getting hiccups too. Not just your phone.

Pretty sure that's just how it is. I went to my local telco today and tested another S6 and it'd have the same hiccups/response times I am getting. In particular the multi-tasker has a delay before it fires up, the gallery has a bit of delay and dropped frames here and there.

Not deal breaking stuff, but it's there. If you're coming from an iPhone, I know what you mean by the S6 not being as smooth.

Hoping for updates soon from Samsung to improve the experience.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I came from iPhone and find the features better. Everyone raves about the camera but it isn't even close to the s6 in quality. Some things you can do with this you just can't do with the iPhone. Like reply to a text with Facebook open lol

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Why did you let go of the Turbo for the S6?

🍶Welcome to the Dark. From the Note IV
I did the same thing. My turbo is sitting in it's box in my closet. I may get it out again someday when it receives it's lollipop update but I absolutely love this phone and I'm not even caring if the bootloader gets unlocked or rooted (verizon variant obviously). Battery keeps getting better and better with this and I get between 4.5 to 5.5 hours of sot so cool!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not an AT&T? Far less chance of disappointment.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a keeper. Awesome in every regard, no battery issues. Coming from an iPhone 6+ the only minor adjustment is a smaller device. But hey, it's pocketable. My first samsung and I'm very pleasantly surprised and after only two days. :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When you are an early adopter, you experience some of the initial hiccups. It sometimes takes issues like this to get the fixes in place. Expecting to turn on the phone and just use it misses the whole point of Android. Customization and tuning the device to your needs and usage habits is the strength and weakness of Android. The OS of its competitors also have their fair share of bugs. If you are coming into this expecting to have an ecosystem like the forbidden fruit company, you're going to have a bad experience.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781