Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon was kind enough to ship mine S6 128GB a day early, but of course that means it still won't be here until after the weekend. Definitely keeping mine.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Keeping mine for sure!only thing I might do is get a 64gb but the 32 is honestly plenty for me. Got an otter box defender for it today

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Let me know how you like the Defender.
So far I love it. I was going to hold out for a lifeprood , but they are so slick the slide around in my car like crazy and I drive pretty much all day for my job so that gets really old. Plus the holster comes with it which lifeproof hasn't made one for any galaxy devices that I'm aware of like they do with the iPhone (even if they did its like another $35) and in drops I'm putting my money on this case over a lifeproof lol. But I will let you know after a few days

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not an expert but I am betting that Korea having the highest overall per capita use and ownership of electronic devices in the world, there is some experience to be had there as well as the other international market where the hardware you talk about has been used before at least from the chipset perspective although granted not this one since it is new. I would bet that there is a better than average chance that it is a Lollipop issue and not hardware. That's not to say that we can't rule it out.

I agree, all we can do is speculate however. What I do know is that I have a nexus 5, a nexus 6, a moto X and an HTC one m8 all running lollipop and none of them have the cell standby drain of the s6. The nexus 6 and moto x have a google services battery bug but that was taken care of with some location settings, the standby time of the s6 is unfortunately a real issue that I along with many here have. Having said that, 3 and a half hours screen on time is enough to get me by but only if the device is truly worth it, I pay full price for these things so dropping $750 on a device that isn't really head and shoulders above my last generation of devices isn't exactly what I had in mind. Gonna wait for the note 5 or maybe a new super amoled exynos tablet and the s6 is going back.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So far I love it. I was going to hold out for a lifeprood , but they are so slick the slide around in my car like crazy and I drive pretty much all day for my job so that gets really old. Plus the holster comes with it which lifeproof hasn't made one for any galaxy devices that I'm aware of like they do with the iPhone (even if they did its like another $35) and in drops I'm putting my money on this case over a lifeproof lol. But I will let you know after a few days
Let me know how the Lifeproof works out. Another user was not exactly hot on it. It a lot more expensive. I was only going to get it if the Defender had any hiccup with the wireless charging which I successfully tested in my YouTube video.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I will be returning mone as well. I am one one of the ones that suffers from lack of data to applications on Sprint. Smartphone is pretty much useless if you cant use apps on it.

Since Sprint wont even acknowledge the issues i dont see a lot of hope in it getting fixed soon.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I will be returning mone as well. I am one one of the ones that suffers from lack of data to applications on Sprint. Smartphone is pretty much useless if you cant use apps on it.

Since Sprint wont even acknowledge the issues i dont see a lot of hope in it getting fixed soon.

Switch carriers.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No thanks. I have unlimited data with 45Mbps speed here so Im fine but thanks for ignoring the point. Ill just get rid of the only phone that doesnt work on the network.
Didn't miss the point. It could be that the network coverage isn't quite as broad as AT&T or VZW or even TMO. Maybe it's not the device.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
not sure how i was supposed to vote, since I've already returned
the S6 back to the Verizon corporate store. (because I was unable
to cope with the non-removable battery and the lack of MicroSD
card slot)

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
No I'm getting hiccups too. Not just your phone.

Pretty sure that's just how it is. I went to my local telco today and tested another S6 and it'd have the same hiccups/response times I am getting. In particular the multi-tasker has a delay before it fires up, the gallery has a bit of delay and dropped frames here and there.

Not deal breaking stuff, but it's there. If you're coming from an iPhone, I know what you mean by the S6 not being as smooth.

Hoping for updates soon from Samsung to improve the experience.

Well, I opened gallery and I have no way of knowing if there are dropped frames. Gallery pops up so quick, my eyes just can't see anything like that.

Course my eyes are not the best, and I had set the animation to 0 in developer options so everything pops up fast. I may go to 0.5. I guess I could try a setting higher than 1 and see if I can see any dropped frames.

I'm not saying that there are no dropped frames, could very well be that my eyes are just not good enough to see them like some can.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't miss the point. It could be that the network coverage isn't quite as broad as AT&T or VZW or even TMO. Maybe it's not the device.
There is a thread on here with many people having the same issue on Sprint. The data connection works fine to the web browser but there is no data or extremely limited data flowing through to APPS. And since all the other phones on the plan work just fine in the same spot, yeah its the device.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is a thread on here with many people having the same issue on Sprint. The data connection works fine to the web browser but there is no data or extremely limited data flowing through to APPS. And since all the other phones on the plan work just fine in the same spot, yeah its the device.
Honestly, don't know much about the Sprint network setup or what their service is like. Been with AT&T since 1994. Could there be a setting on your device that was missed? Just asking as each carrier out their own spin on their devices.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Is that why my play music only downloads songs when I have the screen on and as soon as I put it into sleep mode it stops downlpading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX