Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Is that why my play music only downloads songs when I have the screen on and as soon as I put it into sleep mode it stops downlpading?
If you are on Sprint then yes most likely. That is one of the apps with knows issues along with most other Play apps and most social media apps.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
If you are on Sprint then yes most likely. That is one of the apps with knows issues along with most other Play apps and most social media apps.
I'm actually on bzw. Hasn't been much of a problem they still stream and everything no problem just when I actually try and download is when I run into problems. I'm sure it will be fixed.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep I think I'm returning it. Don't get me wrong it's a terrific phone but it's not without its issues. I'm averaging about 3 and a half hours screen on time, I disabled all location because that seems to shoot up Google services to the top of battery consumption, to be fair I think that may be a lollipop issue tho as the nexus 6 also exhibits that. The biggest reason tho is because despite the beastly processor it doesn't seem as fast or fluid as my lowly nexus 5 on 5.1, the screen is much better and I vastly prefer capacitive buttons on amoled screens, nexus 5 looks incredibly washed out in direct comparison. Camera is good but I don't take many pics, nexus 5 in HDR mode is plenty good to me.

Compared to the Nexus 6 I think the s6 is definitely more fluid, more manageable in one hand and has a sharper display but boy stock lollipop and huge display and 6 hours of screen time are hard to give up, I think the note 5 will be the one to get once you get used to the bigger screens. Having that gorgeous of a display on a 5.1 panel kinda seems like a waste.

Overall I feel like it's overpriced. Same battery life as my nexus 5, and nowhere near as enjoyable for media consumption as nexus 6. Considering their respective prices, I can't help but feel that the moto x 2014 and HTC one m8 are a better buy, those two devices are just as fast and even more fluid than the s6 in my experience and both screens are perfectly adequate despite not being in the s6 league. Moto x routinely got me 4 hours of screen time and the one m8 got me 5.5 ish. Feel in the hand is just as good, moto x in particular feels ultra sexy and is an ergonomic champ given the bezel or lack thereof.

Just 2 points on what you said.

First, I don't think it's a fair fight to compare the S6 with the N6. That device (N6) clearly went after the Note market and is more compared to the note 4 and soon to be note 5. IMO the Note 4 is a much better all around device. The note 5 surely would be the device to get IF that's the size device you'd be in the market for. I just don't think the S6 is trying to compete with the big display boys. The targeted audience for the S6 crowd is Iphone users. Keeping it in that realm, I feel it's a worth challenger to any device considered to be in that segment.

My second point is, the M8 was my daily driver for a year before partially retiring it in favor of the note 4. I NEVER got remotely close to 5 hours screen on time in a year. Getting 3.5 hours sot on a good day was a gift! The M8 is one of my favorite devices all time but I'm sorry the battery life was not remotely that good. My note 4 which has better batt life than the M8, has not pulled off that feat either. Although it would be nice if it did.

carl292

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I am struggling with reception and WiFi calling. My old galaxy had a d30 case and no scrathes on it. When I got this one the guy at tmobile sold me on a clear case and said it's good and will protect the wart of a camera. Well after a week the chrome trim piece on the camera is scratched up from being on counters . Do u think i can still return the phone? Damn this sucks

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Gonna wait for the note 5 or maybe a new super amoled exynos tablet and the s6 is going back.

I hope you weren't expecting to find Note features in a GS6. Different product segments, it's like buying a SUV and being disappointed it's doesn't have the same capacity as a truck.

In fact, I don't get people's comparisons to the Note series or iPhone 6+ products, it's not the same segment, of course the bigger phones are going to be more feature heavy and robust. Those of us looking into the GS6 are obviously concerned about size, this thing lives in my pocket all day, no way I'd even consider one of those larger products, but I'd sure like their features.

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine yesterday. I had 2 major issues with the phone other than battery life.

1. The uneven pink hue on the screen
2. My camera stopped auto focusing for some reason

My original plan was to do an exchange but after getting to the store, I realized I didn't want to deal with the hassle of potentially getting another dud.

I'm going to wait for a bit and maybe buy the phone again at a later point of time. Hopefully the next batch Samsung releases will have fewer QC issues

I had a tmobile 64gb, btw

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got 1 week to go to return my S6, and I've been testing it like crazy to make sure there's defects or issues. So far, I haven't found anything major that would make me return it. Camera is good for outdoor and indoor shots (auto focus seems to work well), screen looks great and is free of any dead pixels, bluetooth and WiFi work good, no loose home button, headphone jack works fine. The only issue I found early on was the flick scrolling seemed delayed but I fixed that with the adjustment to the animation transitions under the Developers Options Setting. And finally, battery life seems acceptable to me for my use case. I can go 12+ hours without having to recharge my phone (which satisfies my requirements). So, unless I find something in the next 7 days I think this phone will be a keeper! It's definitely the best Smartphone I've ever owned.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I returned mine yesterday. I had 2 major issues with the phone other than battery life.

1. The uneven pink hue on the screen
2. My camera stopped auto focusing for some reason

My original plan was to do an exchange but after getting to the store, I realized I didn't want to deal with the hassle of potentially getting another dud.

I'm going to wait for a bit and maybe buy the phone again at a later point of time. Hopefully the next batch Samsung releases will have fewer QC issues

I had a tmobile 64gb, btw

My friend also had pink hue on the screen, that thing was really annoying.

Sometimes it's better to wait after 1 month of the phone being out to get the next shipment/version.. Pretty much like the first Note 4 shipments were full of issues.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
In my original post here I said I was 95% sure I was keeping it but I just returned it.

I have ventured to Android many times and this is by far the closest I have come to finding a device that would make me switch permanently from my iPhone.

I know, many of my reasons I'm about to list are known ahead of time but I gave it my best try to get used to them but just couldn't.

1. Battery life - I had the cell standby issue and the fix yesterday did nothing for me. I realize all phones are a give and take and you can tweak any phone but I was tired of toggling settings, restoring, rebooting, etc. just to get decent battery life. This is a problem I always struggle with on Android in general.

2. Samsung bloat - Previously I've mainly owned Nexus and GPE devices so I'm used to stock Android. I thought I could deal with this but it's always on the back of my mind that there's apps I have disabled but can't install. I guess I have a bit of OCD but I like to clean things up permanently and not just disable things.

3. Screen size - At first switching from a 5.5" screen to this felt wonderful. I could use the phone one handed again and not have it feel huge in my pocket. Shortly after using it for a few days I began to miss the screen real estate. I now know I'm a fan of the 5.5" and up devices.

4. Fingerprint scanner - No matter what I did, I could not get it to function as well as my iPhone scanner.

That being said I just took it back and I miss some things already:

1. The Screen - This thing is amazing. The colors and clarity blow away my iPhone. My iPhone feels dull now.

2. The Camera - Again, amazing. It is better in my iPhone at taking pictures and at launching the app. Double click to launch is genius.

3. Android - I hate tweaking settings and stuff to get better battery life but I love Google Now and love the infinite number of tweaks I can perform on an Android device. Apple is definitely more boring.

4. The build - This thing is gorgeous. And the Edge is even more gorgeous. Samsung definitely got this right.

Based on all the above I decided I loved the phone but didn't $800 love it. I may give it another shot in the future if 5.1 proves to offer huge performance improvements as far as battery is concerned.

If not, I look forward to the following Android Devices: Note 5, Next Nexus, and Next Moto X. I realize it may seem stupid of me to keep trying Android based on the things that I listed above as negatives but the S6 came realllllllllllly close to making those things tolerable.

:D

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
In my original post here I said I was 95% sure I was keeping it but I just returned it.

I have ventured to Android many times and this is by far the closest I have come to finding a device that would make me switch permanently from my iPhone.

I know, many of my reasons I'm about to list are known ahead of time but I gave it my best try to get used to them but just couldn't.

1. Battery life - I had the cell standby issue and the fix yesterday did nothing for me. I realize all phones are a give and take and you can tweak any phone but I was tired of toggling settings, restoring, rebooting, etc. just to get decent battery life. This is a problem I always struggle with on Android in general.

2. Samsung bloat - Previously I've mainly owned Nexus and GPE devices so I'm used to stock Android. I thought I could deal with this but it's always on the back of my mind that there's apps I have disabled but can't install. I guess I have a bit of OCD but I like to clean things up permanently and not just disable things.

3. Screen size - At first switching from a 5.5" screen to this felt wonderful. I could use the phone one handed again and not have it feel huge in my pocket. Shortly after using it for a few days I began to miss the screen real estate. I now know I'm a fan of the 5.5" and up devices.

4. Fingerprint scanner - No matter what I did, I could not get it to function as well as my iPhone scanner.

That being said I just took it back and I miss some things already:

1. The Screen - This thing is amazing. The colors and clarity blow away my iPhone. My iPhone feels dull now.

2. The Camera - Again, amazing. It is better in my iPhone at taking pictures and at launching the app. Double click to launch is genius.

3. Android - I hate tweaking settings and stuff to get better battery life but I love Google Now and love the infinite number of tweaks I can perform on an Android device. Apple is definitely more boring.

4. The build - This thing is gorgeous. And the Edge is even more gorgeous. Samsung definitely got this right.

Based on all the above I decided I loved the phone but didn't $800 love it. I may give it another shot in the future if 5.1 proves to offer huge performance improvements as far as battery is concerned.

If not, I look forward to the following Android Devices: Note 5, Next Nexus, and Next Moto X. I realize it may seem stupid of me to keep trying Android based on the things that I listed above as negatives but the S6 came realllllllllllly close to making those things tolerable.

:D

I took mine back as well but I strongly disagree with you about the fingerprint scanner. I think it was way better on the s6 than my iPhone 6 plus

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
6 days with the device and I am still planning to keep it, I was considering the Note 4 but I'm happy with the screen size a phablet is just too much for me. Man I love this device I haven't stopped playing with it and showing it off all week, the photo quality is outstanding.

Posted via S6

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine is going back today. Love the phone. Period. But can't deal with the battery life. Yes, I have done all tweaks possible and I'm lucky to make it 12 hours with 30 minutes of screen on time. I'm also on Sprint so my data signal is non-existent. On my front porch, my wife with her E8 can enjoy LTE w/ Spark all day long as well as my Note 4 and iPhone 6. With the S6, I can barely get 3G. Ridiculous.

I might trade for another S6 but the store told me yesterday they didn't have any more 64GB'ers and I'm not about to trade down. We will see.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is going back today. Love the phone. Period. But can't deal with the battery life. Yes, I have done all tweaks possible and I'm lucky to make it 12 hours with 30 minutes of screen on time. I'm also on Sprint so my data signal is non-existent. On my front porch, my wife with her E8 can enjoy LTE w/ Spark all day long as well as my Note 4 and iPhone 6. With the S6, I can barely get 3G. Ridiculous.

I might trade for another S6 but the store told me yesterday they didn't have any more 64GB'ers and I'm not about to trade down. We will see.

It could be device related. Go get it checked out. Did you happen to read the thread posted by Sprint who changed to AT&T? Are you having the same issues?

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my S6. Initially I thought having no sd card slot was a deal breaker for me (I can live without a removable battery), but honestly I don't even miss it. I love the AT&T Locker app. And I have Dropbox so everything is saved. I wish that AT&T Locker gave more than 50GB

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
was at my local Verizon corporate store to pay my bill yesterday afternoon.(next door to Walmart, so I always pay in person)

anyway, the manager was still there and she told me that they have had over 11 returns on the S6 and S6 edge phones so far. strangely, half of those customers exchanged them for the iPhone 6(regular) and the rest got Note 4 and old S5. she said the main complaint was batter life. for comparison, this corporate store has sold almost 100 S6 phones, so 11 returns is probably nt that bad.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
was at my local Verizon corporate store to pay my bill yesterday afternoon.(next door to Walmart, so I always pay in person)

anyway, the manager was still there and she told me that they have had over 11 returns on the S6 and S6 edge phones so far. strangely, half of those customers exchanged them for the iPhone 6(regular) and the rest got Note 4 and old S5. she said the main complaint was batter life. for comparison, this corporate store has sold almost 100 S6 phones, so 11 returns is probably nt that bad.

That's 11% of the phones they sold. That seams not to good either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

That's actually quite a lot. 5% is worrying enough but that's over double.

I guess they weren't sent the Android Central battery fixes fact sheet clearly doing it wrong

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
You think samsung would be all over fixing these issues no matter who's fault it is because people are trading them in for iphones . The people samsung was trying to get on there side to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid