Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My S6 just went back to BB an hour ago because of poor battery life. Cell standby was the major battery eater for me. I got like 2 bars sometime and no bar most of the time at home.
Luckily the rep didn't charge me the restocking fee :)

I will definitely get it again if they fix the battery life issue.

Awesome that you didn't have to pay anything for the return. Are you gong to check our the G4? I'm looking forward to reading real user reviews.

Posted via the Android Central App

Charlene Biggs

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi there
I upgraded to the new Samsung Galaxy S6. On 10/04/2015
The next day I noticed a crack on the back cover. The phone was not dropped at all.
Samsung just says it is my word against theirs and that the device was physically damaged. This is unacceptable.
Does anyone struggle with the same problem?????
I need stories to back up my problem.

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing that you don't hear about the sd card. I used to be one who put a 64GB card in my 16GB GS4 with very little room left after Samsung and my carrier added their bloat. Have the 64GB with 50GB plus means I don't miss it.
I guess the question is, why don't you hear about it? Is it because people who want more space either lay out the cash for a larger model or because they don't even bother considering the S6?

I currently have 64GB SD card in my M8 (and use every bit of it). The idea of paying an extra $100 to move up from from 32GB S6 to a 64GB S6 AND still wind up with less memory than I have currently is frustrating (to say the least).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there
The next day I noticed a crack on the back cover. The phone was not dropped at all.
Samsung just says it is my word against theirs and that the device was physically damaged. This is unacceptable.

Sounds like a return and exchange.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

If you would update us on how this turns out one of my friends got one and that first week noticed a crack on the front. No drops that she can remember and it has been in a case since day one. She won't try to take it back but I keep telling her it's worth a shot.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Or you could research why the battery isn't performing well and find out it's a software issue that can be fixed. It's too early to tell, but they may have fixed it as early as last night.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

The battery doesn't perform well because it's a powerful phone with a big screen and a small battery. Lollipoop has its own issues too. This was easily forseeable.

Brian Delaney

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Im going to try it out more this week. Ive run up against the cell standby problem today and WiFi is off. If it stays like that ill very reluctant ly return it at the end of rhe week. I love the phone but draining on standby 12 percent in.hrs??

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have till Friday to return my S6 and I'm considering it. The battery is OK if I'm on WIFI and at home. But as soon as I leave, my signal drops like a rock. Throughout a workday I'm 7-9% of no connectivity according to the battery stats and I miss calls where I have never missed calls before and have no LTE with Spark where I used to also.. Unacceptable. My Note 3, Note 4, and iPhone 6 do not have these problems so it's not the network.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I have till Friday to return my S6 and I'm considering it. The battery is OK if I'm on WIFI and at home. But as soon as I leave, my signal drops like a rock. Throughout a workday I'm 7-9% of no connectivity according to the battery stats and I miss calls where I have never missed calls before and have no LTE with Spark where I used to also.. Unacceptable. My Note 3, Note 4, and iPhone 6 do not have these problems so it's not the network.

If that's the case then I would take it back before Friday because that's not going to fix itself.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I took my S6 back because the reception was terrible with my Bluetooth headset. It was even a Samsung (HM1900). I never had any issues with my MotoG so I got the Motorola Droid Turbo and now I don't have any Bluetooth issues.

I was sad at first because I really liked the S6, but the Droid is amazing! With the S6 I couldn't even have the phone in my back pocket and the Bluetooth reception going south, but there aren't any reception issues with the Droid. This phone has a much bigger battery too and I can go almost two full days on a single charge. Awesome!

I don't regret returning my S6 at all.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I took my S6 back because the reception was terrible with my Bluetooth headset. It was even a Samsung (HM1900). I never had any issues with my MotoG so I got the Motorola Droid Turbo and now I don't have any Bluetooth issues.

I was sad at first because I really liked the S6, but the Droid is amazing! With the S6 I couldn't even have the phone in my back pocket and the Bluetooth reception going south, but there aren't any reception issues with the Droid. This phone has a much bigger battery too and I can go almost two full days on a single charge. Awesome!

I don't regret returning my S6 at all.

A simple exchange could have been enough.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have an s6 edge and I love it
For at samsung phone that I'm keeping
Last samsung phone I really liked was the s3 and the note 3.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I posted way back in the thread I was returning due to battery but I ended up keeping it.
I just like the camera and call quality (tested w T-Mobile) vs my nexus 6.

I figure next update should increase battery usage in some capacity.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for almost a month and still happy with my decision to go with the GS6.

Same. I love my S6 despise the battery, when i first got the device it was fantastic and ran 24-36 hours on single charge...but now im only getting 18-20 hours max, and im using it less. I've uninstalled a ton of apps but it hasnt helped, too bad. Either way i love it. And please dont direct me to the battery saver tips, ive been through all the ones suggested in addition to others i discovered myself.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely keeping this phone. I'm coming from Lgg3. After I configured the phone the way I wanted it I fell in love with it all over again. The size is perfect the features are amazing. The camera all of It perfect phone. And to think I was one of those guys who said I would never come back to Samsung. I was completely wrong.

All that being said there is some stuff that needs fixing but phone is so great I can wait for those updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci