Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
He said that he's happy and has no regrets. Dude why are you constantly posting nothing with any real meaning. Just random off topic posts.

Thanks droidguy :)

I really did love my S6. Hated taking it back, but I use my BT headset a lot and the Droid is much better in this regard (although, strangely enough, still not as good as my Moto G when I was on Boost). Had this phone for a little while now and while it's not as sleek and sexy as the S6 I'm loving it more every day. I like how I can just wave my hand over it and the screen comes on briefly showing me the time and if I got any calls or messages. Battery is amazing and I love the nylon backing (no big messy fingerprint sheen happening here. I have to say that the side power/volume buttons are much nicer than the ones on the S6. They feel more solid and I like having them all on one side. I also like is that there's no physical home button at the bottom, like there was on the S6.

Anyway, enough about my Droid. lol.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Same. I love my S6 despise the battery, when i first got the device it was fantastic and ran 24-36 hours on single charge...but now im only getting 18-20 hours max, and im using it less. I've uninstalled a ton of apps but it hasnt helped, too bad. Either way i love it. And please dont direct me to the battery saver tips, ive been through all the ones suggested in addition to others i discovered myself.

Same here. My battery was great the first few weeks now its declined. Still last me the day but now im coming home to about 20% charge when it used to be 40%

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I returned the gs6 but may buy it again if I hear that updates help with battery life and that the new batches do not have the pink screen issue. I also want to check out the g4 even though it is a bit too large for my tastes

hateS6

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I am returning it. The phone itself has good features but it has no HDMI MHL capabilities. It means that if you have unlimited data plan and no other internet availability than your phone, than you will not be able to cast your screen on your TV by using only your own data plan. It took me 4 days to figure this out and no one was helpful enough at any store to tell me this.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am returning it. The phone itself has good features but it has no HDMI MHL capabilities. It means that if you have unlimited data plan and no other internet availability than your phone, than you will not be able to cast your screen on your TV by using only your own data plan. It took me 4 days to figure this out and no one was helpful enough at any store to tell me this.

Did you try Chromecast? There are probably other suggestions in the link below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/515917-s6-has-no-hdmi-mhl-other-video-output.html

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I returned the gs6 but may buy it again if I hear that updates help with battery life and that the new batches do not have the pink screen issue. I also want to check out the g4 even though it is a bit too large for my tastes
Hope to see you back. I am sure that feedback from the Lollipop update next month will be forthcoming and hopefully addresses the issues experienced by some affecting their battery life if that's your primary purchase driver versus speed performance and features. You can't go wrong with either the GS6 or the G4 whose size is a turn off. Once the a RAM management is addressed, the GS6 will more attractive to some. Get what meets your needs and preferences. Don't just rely on our posts alone. Do your own research and testing as you are paying for your device so you have no regrets. Had my GS6 since launch and it's still great. I can understand sitting in the sidelines as it's not always easy to be an early adopter.

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hope to see you back. I am sure that feedback from the Lollipop update next month will be forthcoming and hopefully addresses the issues experienced by some affecting their battery life if that's your primary purchase driver versus speed performance and features. You can't go wrong with either the GS6 or the G4 whose size is a turn off. Once the a RAM management is addressed, the GS6 will more attractive to some. Get what meets your needs and preferences. Don't just rely on our posts alone. Do your own research and testing as you are paying for your device so you have no regrets. Had my GS6 since launch and it's still great. I can understand sitting in the sidelines as it's not always easy to be an early adopter.

I did try another gs6 during the memorial day Sale and it had the same issues. Pink tinted screen and battery life was still atrocious.

I now have a g4 and am extraordinarily happy with it. My main concern was that the phone would be too big for one handed use, but I've actually found that not to be the case. Battery life is undoubtedly better than the gs6 and the screen is better. Colors are more accurate and text appears sharper. No issues with pink tint either.

I will say this though, the s6 camera is better in automatic mode than the g4 (but only the Sony sensor version). The s6 auto mode exposes better and has better white balance. That said, in manual mode, I think the g4 is capable of producing superior photos than the s6.

Posted via the Android Central App

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
One comment about your hopes that the lollipop update will "fix" battery life. I wouldn't hold your breath. I've had 5.1.1 on my nexus 5 for a week now and battery life has not improved one iota. Honestly, lollipop is one the most poorly developed versions of Android to date and I think it's to blame for the poor battery life across many of these devices. I don't think things will improve for the gs6 until android M

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
One comment about your hopes that the lollipop update will "fix" battery life. I wouldn't hold your breath. I've had 5.1.1 on my nexus 5 for a week now and battery life has not improved one iota. Honestly, lollipop is one the most poorly developed versions of Android to date and I think it's to blame for the poor battery life across many of these devices. I don't think things will improve for the gs6 until android M

Hope you enjoy your G4. If the update addresses RAM management, then the true speed of the GS6 will shine through especially when you see speed tests that deal with having multiple apps already open. It will smoke its competition in these types of tests.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone. Its laggy at times but so is the Nexus 6. Will keep this until the next Nexus comes out. Hoping that camera is better.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
No lag so far, I have used a lot of phones this year, OnePlus one, Nexus 6, LG G3, LG Flex 2, HTC M9. And so far this is the best of them, really fast and I am getting decent battery life, on 49% right now been on for 10 hours with 2 hours 45 mins screen time!

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It has many annoying bugs, memory leak, useful features being removed etc. But this is all software stiff and can be sorted out. I love this phone and no, it's not going back!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I've only been running Android since ICS but agree the Lollipop is the worst version. My Nexus and S4 freeze/crash a lot more than they used to, and even though it's aesthetically pleasing, I'm not a fan of the white background.

It's nice M will be an upgrade instead of a new version, but I'm not getting my hopes up that'll improve battery life. They rename their projects, which come and go, yet the same issues persist.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I agree, it's not the Android update that will fix battery life issues for some people. What T-Mobile customers are really after is an update to the wifi calling and VoLTE that is killing their battery. Unfortunately, not everyone understands this. But, I will say that Google needs to stop being ultra aggressive in location services, especially if you're a heavy Google now user.... Do they really need to ping your phone every 5 mins of the day? Lol

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T, I'm very happy with my S6, my battery life is just fine, and 64GB is enough for my storage needs. Absolutely no whining whatsoever from me.

Greg2600

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I've had month a month or I would return it. What a disaster. This phone has so much promise, if not for stupid bugs that really wreck it. The WIFI problems at the top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy