Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Wife brought one even after I took mine back a month ago. Made her take it back and had to explain to her again that if the battery is poor for someone like me. I barely used it much having normal not heavy use than someone like her that does it all on her phone and is on it 24/7 it wouldn't survive but a couple hours. Saved me from hearing her whine about how fast the phone dies and she has to charge it 2 - 3 times a day.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery woes? 5-6 hours SOT is strong.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sorry but that doesn't mean much to my wife. It needs to perform without having to tweak / cripple the phone to death. With my buyers remorse use of the S6 & S6 edge, I even had to charge it twice a day for normal use. The bad is the standby time, WiFi, and VOLTE drains that leaves much to be desired. My wife on the other hand hammers her phone severely and has to charge her 6+ most times twice a day. I can't even take myself seriously and say the S6 battery life is better than the 6+. Fact is the S6 is nowhere near the battery life of the 6+. Always go with the motto of keep wife happy and the household has way less stress and conflict.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what you and your wife are doing on your phones, but my wife has my old iPhone 5s and I got the S6. She uses her phone all day and can get by on a full charge, same with me...mind you the S6 is a little more inconsistent battery wise on idle, charging multiple times a day is a whole other story. If you think 5-6 hours on onscreen time isn't suffice for daily use not sure how to respond, that 6 hours of looking at your phone without putting it down.

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what you and your wife are doing on your phones, but my wife has my old iPhone 5s and I got the S6. She uses her phone all day and can get by on a full charge, same with me...mind you the S6 is a little more inconsistent battery wise on idle, charging multiple times a day is a whole other story. If you think 5-6 hours on onscreen time isn't suffice for daily use not sure how to respond, that 6 hours of looking at your phone without putting it down.

His point is that there is no way to get that kind of SOT without crippling the phone. Anyone who is actually using the s6 under normal conditions is not getting 5-6 hours of SOT

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but that doesn't mean much to my wife. It needs to perform without having to tweak / cripple the phone to death. With my buyers remorse use of the S6 & S6 edge, I even had to charge it twice a day for normal use. The bad is the standby time, WiFi, and VOLTE drains that leaves much to be desired. My wife on the other hand hammers her phone severely and has to charge her 6+ most times twice a day. I can't even take myself seriously and say the S6 battery life is better than the 6+. Fact is the S6 is nowhere near the battery life of the 6+. Always go with the motto of keep wife happy and the household has way less stress and conflict.
Why is it that it posted that the i6+ has better battery life? That should be obvious with a much larger battery that the GS6 battery. On a more equitable basis, the i6 does not have the battery life of the GS6. If you are going to compare i6+ battery life, then compare it the GN4. Comparing the batteries of the GS6 and i6+ is such a straw man argument.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Why is it that it posted that the i6+ has better battery life? That should be obvious with a much larger battery that the GS6 battery. On a more equitable basis, the i6 does not have the battery life of the GS6. If you are going to compare i6+ battery life, then compare it the GN4. Comparing the batteries of the GS6 and i6+ is such a straw man argument.

Why on earth would you compare it to the google nexus 4?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I think most of us have 14 days to decide and we are only a few days in but I'm curious if anyone is on the fence, keeping it for sure, or returning it for sure.

When I purchased I was probably 50/50 but after using it for 4 days now I'd say I'm 95% keeping it.

T-Mobile has a $50 restocking fee if I did decide to return it so that plays a small factor too. :D

I am. I'm returning it on Friday and picking up the LG G4 instead. Its got a much better battery life.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
His point is that there is no way to get that kind of SOT without crippling the phone. Anyone who is actually using the s6 under normal conditions is not getting 5-6 hours of SOT

Lol crippling the phone is how? The exaggeration of some on here is hilarious. Sure S6 doesn't have the longest battery life, but I have everything on and get over a day on single charge. I guess S6 isn't meant for a heavy user...I consider myself light to medium compared to people on yhis forum and teenagers today.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Not a straw at all. Not my fault they decided to put a smaller battery than even the last generation S5 in the S6. They claimed that it was going to be such a more efficient phone and wouldn't need a bigger battery. Pretty much they fibbed on that. I compared the 2 because the 6+ is nothing but a bigger iPhone and it's just 365mAh difference in battery capacity. Still even the the regular i6 does just as well as the S6 with just an 1810mAh battery.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol crippling the phone is how? The exaggeration of some on here is hilarious. Sure S6 doesn't have the longest battery life, but I have everything on and get over a day on single charge. I guess S6 isn't meant for a heavy user...I consider myself light to medium compared to people on yhis forum and teenagers today.

Some call them tweaks and I say its crippling features myself. When you have to disable and turn off phone features, not because your not using them but because it causes drain on the phone battery I call it crippling. In this day in age I shouldn't have to do any of that. Whoever test these phones and said a small battery like that is fine should have been fired when they said it's fine in the prototype stage. IMO the S6 is blatant planned obsolescent, that's the only explanation I can come up with. We'll know how well the phone is selling later year end though. Judging how T-mobile is starting the double your storage promotion this early I don't think it's going well for the S6. To do this plus giveaway headphones with it does smell a bit funny to me.

Don't get me wrong i wanted it to succeed but the battery was a big blunder. IF it was at the least the same battery of the S5 this would of been the phone to beat for not only 2015 but 2016 as well. But the decision was made and I'll have to check the numbers later in the year to tell the tail of the flagship that could've been. If it doesn't sell better than the S5 then they are going to be in bad shape by year end.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not a straw at all. Not my fault they decided to put a smaller battery than even the last generation S5 in the S6. They claimed that it was going to be such a more efficient phone and wouldn't need a bigger battery. Pretty much they fibbed on that. I compared the 2 because the 6+ is nothing but a bigger iPhone and it's just 365mAh difference in battery capacity. Still even the the regular i6 does just as well as the S6 with just an 1810mAh battery.

My AT&T S6 out of the box with a few things turned on that wasn't gets an hour more SoT than an AT&T S5 easy. I still have my m8 and my S6 destroys it battery life wise.
I get out of the box 5 hours SoT with 3 hours of gaming...and that's some hard core usage.

If you're having issues it could well be from your carrier. Considering you mentioned wifi and VoLTE as huge battery drains, I'm assuming you are on T-Mobile, maybe? yeah, they messed up their software big time. If not, what carrier are you on?

Last edited:

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Some call them tweaks and I say its crippling features myself. When you have to disable and turn off phone features, not because your not using them but because it causes drain on the phone battery I call it crippling. In this day in age I shouldn't have to do any of that. Whoever test these phones and said a small battery like that is fine should have been fired when they said it's fine in the prototype stage. IMO the S6 is blatant planned obsolescent, that's the only explanation I can come up with. We'll know how well the phone is selling later year end though. Judging how T-mobile is starting the double your storage promotion this early I don't think it's going well for the S6. To do this plus giveaway headphones with it does smell a bit funny to me.

Don't get me wrong i wanted it to succeed but the battery was a big blunder. IF it was at the least the same battery of the S5 this would of been the phone to beat for not only 2015 but 2016 as well. But the decision was made and I'll have to check the numbers later in the year to tell the tail of the flagship that could've been. If it doesn't sell better than the S5 then they are going to be in bad shape by year end.

Ah yes, you're on T-Mobile. that explains why your S6 battery life stinks. They messed up their wifi calling software and VoLTE software. Not Sammy's fault. Blame T-Mobile.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm not on t mobile. I don't have VoLTE or whatever features I'm supposed to constantly turn off to get acceptable battery life. I'm not returning my s6 but I'll definitely be selling it when the next iphone comes out. Tired of constantly having to monitor battery life.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on t mobile. I don't have VoLTE or whatever features I'm supposed to constantly turn off to get acceptable battery life. I'm not returning my s6 but I'll definitely be selling it when the next iphone comes out. Tired of constantly having to monitor battery life.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Hey Stevelam, so who is your carrier or provider? And could you remind me how bad your battery life is?

But yeah, sometimes a phone just doesn't work out for us and we need to try something else.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Best phone I've had to date. I can see myself keeping this device for the foreseeable future. I got myself the Samsung Wireless charger from Amazon and this piece of tech just compliments the phone in every way. Battery life has never been an issue for me on any device, once you disable all the crap you don't want running in the background. Yes, a 2015 phone shouldn't need to be tweaked in order to get great battery life, but it's a small price to pay for a brilliant all round phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.