I conquered the fingerprint!!!

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks I had this idea: to put my finger parallel instead of straight...horizontal instead of vertical and it works!

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Now the only problem with that is making sure that you can unlock your device 'comfortably' in most situations (scanning your fingerprint upside down will work as well, but having your phone upside down or your hand upside down when unlocking is not the most comfortable thing in the world!)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean .. So you changed your finger position and it unlocked still? Or did you mean something else?

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean .. So you changed your finger position and it unlocked still? Or did you mean something else?

Yes instead of having my finger point up and down it was sideways...but guess what...it wasn't very consistent

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it handles horizontal well. That was a necessity back when I had my S5. For my S6, I just scanned my fingerprint in every direction except upside-down and now I can unlock it anyway I choose. It's very convenient.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it handles horizontal well. That was a necessity back when I had my S5. For my S6, I just scanned my fingerprint in every direction except upside-down and now I can unlock it anyway I choose. It's very convenient.

This is how I did it. I did the same w/ iPhone .. just to ensure it gets it all. No issues here.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to fully cover the home button. Doesn't matter orientation. For people with smaller fingers, horizontal could be easier.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I actually set it up alternating my finger in all different directions and mine is super accurate. The only time it doesn't unlock is when I don't have my finger covering up enough.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had some success with changing the direction I'm putting my finger on the sensor when I set it up; I even did a few scans upside down. Now I usually get about 8 out of 10 times where it works fine regardless of what angle I use when I unlock.

It's just really sensitive about making sure you cover the entire sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae