I just got my phone yesterday and my battery life is not so great.
    How for I fix this cell stand by issue that seems to eating up my battery?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S6 high cell stand by.  Please help.-2152.jpg  
    04-13-2015 06:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's usually related to poor cell signal. If your signal is poor, the phone needs to expend more battery trying to latch on to the signal. That screenshot shows only two bars, so if it's usually like that or worse, that might be the reason.
    04-13-2015 10:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's usually related to poor cell signal. If your signal is poor, the phone needs to expend more battery trying to latch on to the signal. That screenshot shows only two bars, so if it's usually like that or worse, that might be the reason.
    Thank you.

I was lucky to get two bars. Seriously, most of the time I get NO bar. I forced myself to liking this phone, but I can't. Everything else is good, except bad reception and short battery life. I think I am going to back to my old note 3 and wait for the note 5 :-)
    04-14-2015 10:49 PM
    Turn off WiFi and cell stand by issue will be gone. Search there are multiple threads discussing this issue here and across other android forums.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-14-2015 10:55 PM
    Turn off WiFi calling and VOLTE

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 12:14 AM
    Telling someone to turn off WiFi isn't advice. Not everyone has unlimited data. It's simply unacceptable that so many are having this issue with an $800 phone in 2015
    04-15-2015 06:35 AM
    Telling someone to turn off WiFi isn't advice. Not everyone has unlimited data. It's simply unacceptable that so many are having this issue with an $800 phone in 2015
    That's been the fix so far. Until Samsung gets the coding fixed the way to get cell standby down and get much better battery life is to only have WiFi on when you need it. It will be fixed with a software update but, right now that's the best fix.
    04-15-2015 06:39 AM
    It's simply unacceptable that so many are having this issue with an $800 phone in 2015
    Have a bit of patience, every release has it's initial issues, heck the Droid Turbo looked like a beta test, Apple has had their fair share too. You'll not be happy with any release because there area always bugs, but yes this is a big one they need to resolve ASAP, they'll come out with a fix soon hopefully, they don't want this issue to be the defining character to their new flagship. The problem is that people aren't going to wait longer than their 14 day period and I don't blame them, in that case Sammy has blown it.
    deeb215 likes this.
    04-15-2015 07:07 AM
    Cell standby is KILLING my battery! It was around 65% last night when I put it on vibrate smdh left it on for the night. This morning it was at 62%. It seems to not affect it much if not being used but it drops precipitously once being used. This is unacceptable and turning off WiFi is too!

My advanced calling doesn't work either. Completely unacceptable for new $600-$800 phones!!
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S6 high cell stand by.  Please help.-1429103948573.jpg  
    04-15-2015 08:20 AM